Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2016, 12:11   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Bhopal : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Can some one update with the road condition between Nagpur and Itarsi?
Also, which is the best route to drive from Bangalore to Itarsi? Is it Bangalore-Hyderabad-Nagpur-Itarsi? (OR) Do we have any other good options?
Bangalore Nagpur Itarsi is the best way to do the route.Havent travelled recently on the route to comment on recent conditions.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 20:48   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Bangalore Nagpur Itarsi is the best way to do the route.Havent travelled recently on the route to comment on recent conditions.
I think you missed the date of my post, I posted this 3 years back. By the way, that trip didn't happen.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 11:44   #33
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore- Nagpur - Sagar route query

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
Please give suggestions on any concerns, places to avoid, time of drive and anything that helps make this drive smooth.
You can check this latest thread :
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_doctor View Post
...This helped us reach Nagpur early at 11am. Nagpur city is a well planned city with wide roads and well managed traffic. We continued on this dream run to reach Seynar where the road turned into a 2 lane road for a few odd kilometres. We hit the MP border at 12 noon and reached the ghat section by around 12:35pm. The ghat roads too have been made excellently with proper sign boards and markings.

This led onto Chhindwara were we got onto the desolate Outer Ring Road by 12:50pm. This town has a surprisingly good road network inspite of being a very small town on the map. This entire stretch is a 2 lane highway with the only downside being very few roadside shops and petrol pumps on the way. We reached Narsinghpur by 2:45pm from where the road is a 4 lane highway all the way upto Sagar where we landed at 4pm. Our initial plan was to stopover at Sagar but seeing the entire day still infront of us we made a bold decision of continuing upto Jhansi. The roads right till Jhansi were well carpeted and 4 laned which helped us reached Jhansi by 7:30pm.
You can even ask him for more details if required.
Please do post your experience after you complete the journey.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 23:25   #34
BHPian

I made a 2 way trip from Hyderabad- Nagpur- Hyderabad yesterday (8-5-2016). Started from my house at 6-30 am, reached Nagpur around 1-30 PM . Return journey started at 3 PM and reached house at Maredpally at 10 PM. The notorious 2 bad stretches at Pandarkwada and Hingenghat are now repaired and and are free from potholes.
envyravi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 13:04   #35
BHPian

Re: Bangalore- Nagpur - Sagar route query

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
I am planning to drive from Bangalore to Sagar via Nagpur on the Friday 14thMay on my Celerio auto with wife.
Stick to the North South Corridor where apart from a couple of rough patches the roads are beautiful. Places to eat will be scanty and MKHS Plaza, just past Nagpur is a good place to stop. Start early from HYD and it helps.
I recently finished a round trip to delhi via the same route. see this link for more on the road conditions.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post3968562

Last edited by ampere : 26th November 2016 at 15:29. Reason: fixed size of quoted post
pawanarya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2016, 19:24   #36
BHPian

Hi,

I found this thread to have the latest status of roads between Bhopal - Nagpur - Deori. I have done this route via Bhopal - Bareilly - Pipariya - Chhindwara - Seoni - Balaghat - Gondia in January this year. But this time, I am planing to explore via Nagpur as Chhindwara route is slower due to single lane and ghat sections.

Please advise the latest road status between Bhopal - Nagpur - Deori (MH).

I plan to start early (0500 hrs) from Bhopal to beat the heat as well as the traffic between Bhopal - Itarsi section during second week of July.

Section 1: Bhopal - Betul:
What is the latest road conditions here? Hope that monsoons won't make the road conditions worst in this section.

Section 2: Betul - Nagpur:
Roads are good. Doable in 2-2.5 hours.

Section 3: Nagpur - Deori:
Roads should be good. I drove on this stretch around 4 years back. Need easy way out of Nagpur.

Also please advise the food joints to have breakfast / Lunch on the way.

Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 18th June 2016 at 19:31.
Old 20th June 2016, 10:57   #37
Senior - BHPian

Traveled yesterday Hyderabad-Banglore Return

The roads are in excellent conditions.
Fast tag Worked only In the first toll plaza from Hyderabad Raikal.

The Toll plaza at Karnataka border near to Bagepalli and Gooty is getting ready
Old 15th September 2016, 17:29   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Hi,
I found this thread to have the latest status of roads between Bhopal - Nagpur - Deori. I have done this route via Bhopal - Bareilly - Pipariya - Chhindwara - Seoni - Balaghat - Gondia in January this year. But this time, I am planing to explore via Nagpur as Chhindwara route is slower due to single lane and ghat sections.
Hello Irish, Did you managed this travel?
I am looking at some feedback on Nagpur <=> Bhopal route via Betul. Any feedback is welcome.

Last edited by ampere : 15th September 2016 at 17:38. Reason: Reduced quoted content
Old 17th September 2016, 13:07   #39
BHPian

Hi Vijay,

I did take this route on my two return journeys between 27th June and 14th July 2016. Here is the update:

Nagpur - Betul:
If you are coming from Nagpur, then around 160 kms upto Betul, there is four lane tolled expressway, which is excellent and can be covered under 2-2.5 hours. Good scenic butter smooth roads.

Post betul, the highway is single road, dual carriageway.

30 kms stretch after Betul:
Worst (uneven surface with potholes)

Road up to Itarsi:
Average (uneven surface, potholes, narrow stretches, ghat sections)

Itarsi - Hoshangabad
Good (occasional potholes)

Hoshangabad - Obdullahganj:
Below average (narrow, uneven surface, potholes)

Obdullahganj - Bhopal:
Good (occasional potholes, traffic at mandi deep industrial area, four lane starts around 15 kms before reaching Bhopal)

Please note that this is the status of 1.5 months back i.e. at the starting of Monsoon. Roads must be in bad shape now. However, it is still recommended over Chhindwara route. Night driving should be avoided after Betul.

Cheers!
Irish
Old 26th November 2016, 07:02   #40
BHPian

I am planning a trip to Hampi from Bhopal via Nagpur & Hyderabad. Stretch between Itarsi and Betul is the only concern.
I am not aware about the road conditions from Hyderabad to Hampi. Can fellow bhpian share some insights?
Old 26th November 2016, 13:37   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by azm@bpl View Post
I am planning a trip to Hampi from Bhopal via Nagpur & Hyderabad.

I am not aware about the road conditions from Hyderabad to Hampi.
To bypass Hyderabad, get onto ORR near Medchal and exit ORR at Shamshabad / Airport but use the exit marked Bangalore Highway.

Hyderabad - Bhutpur (exit Bangalore Highway and turn right towards Mahbubnagar) - Mahbubnagar - Raichur - Turn left just after Raichur towards Sindhanur - Sindhanur - Gangavathi - Kampli - Hampi.

If staying across the river at Hampi, take Anegundi road from Gangavathi itself (I would use this road for Hospet also as this is in better condition than Kampli - Kamalapur - Hospet road).

Be careful for Bhutpur turnoff from Bangalore Highway. Do not overshoot it. It is a little after Jadcherla.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd March 2017 at 18:35. Reason: typo corrected
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2017, 14:05   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Bhopal : Route Queries

Any update on the latest road condition between Bhopal and Betul? I would be traveling from Hyderabad to Indore and return via Bhopal. I know the road is common till Betul and need to know the road condition beyond Betul till Bhopal.
Old 11th July 2018, 20:46   #43
Senior - BHPian

Bumping this thread up to solicit recommendations on the best route from Nagpur to Bhopal as of now...

thanks in advance...

Last edited by cool_dube : 11th July 2018 at 20:48.
Old 5th August 2018, 08:34   #44
BHPian

What is the best route from Bhopal to Hyderabad and any suggestions for a night halt in between?
Sorry for the digression in the heading of this thread-best route between Lucknow and Bhopal.
Old 5th August 2018, 14:03   #45
BHPian

You don't have a choice of routes to drive from Bhopal to Hyderabad. The route is Bhopal - Hoshangabad - Itarsi - Betul - Nagpur- Hinghangat- Adilabad - Nirmal - Hyderabad. The other route shown by Google Maps is slower by 2 hours plus. In the only so called best route, the challenging section is between Hoshangabad - Itarsi - Betul. Because of the ghat sections and the quality of roads (or the lack of). You can leave early in the morning by about 4.30/5 am and reach Hyderabad by the night if you have more than an experienced driver to drive your car during the journey of 850 Kms plus. Or stop for the night in Nagpur and drive to Hyderabad the next day. Nagpur to Hyderabad is a breeze as most of the road on this section is good to excellent. Am driving the Nagpur to Hyderabad section next Saturday.
Krishnan V G is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed