Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2012, 12:53   #151
BHPian
 
Tempelhof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 450
Thanked: 123 Times
Default Re: Safest Road to Kerala per current conflict between TN & KL on the Mullaperiyar is

Normalcy to fully return from today ???

| Edition-Madurai | Dinamani பகுதிகளுக்கு வாகனப் போக்குவரத்து: ஆட்சியர்கள் ஆலோசனைக் கூட்டத்தில் முடிவு
Tempelhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 13:24   #152
Senior - BHPian
 
coolclouds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Garden City
Posts: 1,790
Thanked: 513 Times
Default Re: Safest Road to Kerala per current conflict between TN & KL on the Mullaperiyar is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
Normalcy to fully return from today ???

| Edition-Madurai | Dinamani பகுதிகளுக்கு வாகனப் போக்குவரத்து: ஆட்சியர்கள் ஆலோசனைக் கூட்டத்தில் முடிவு
It would be great if you can translate the story in short !
coolclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 14:21   #153
BHPian
 
Tempelhof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 450
Thanked: 123 Times
Default Re: Safest Road to Kerala per current conflict between TN & KL on the Mullaperiyar is

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
It would be great if you can translate the story in short !
This news article published on 2nd January in an authentic Tamil newspaper, says that the Collectors and top Police officals of both the Theni and Idukki districts (both sides of the border) have met on 2nd Jan. and resolved to normalize all vehicle (public and private) movements across the border from 3rd Jan. - i.e., from today.

This is the news. I am yet hear about the actual ground situation.
Tempelhof is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 09:01   #154
BHPian
 
Rossiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 117
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof

I checked with the resort Manager last week - he mentioned about some disturbances at the border, and asked me to check with him just before starting.

How was your experience? Any tips and routes to follow?

Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof

This news article published on 2nd January in an authentic Tamil newspaper, says that the Collectors and top Police officals of both the Theni and Idukki districts (both sides of the border) have met on 2nd Jan. and resolved to normalize all vehicle (public and private) movements across the border from 3rd Jan. - i.e., from today.

This is the news. I am yet hear about the actual ground situation.
Visited Thekkady over the new year weekend. Was turned away at Cumbum towards Cumbum Mettu and I had to join the Munnar road from there and proceed towards Thekkady. This added about 30 kms and 45-50 min to the travel time, but it was smooth and trouble free
Rossiter is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 18:21   #155
BHPian
 
Tempelhof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 450
Thanked: 123 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossiter

Visited Thekkady over the new year weekend. Was turned away at Cumbum towards Cumbum Mettu and I had to join the Munnar road from there and proceed towards Thekkady. This added about 30 kms and 45-50 min to the travel time, but it was smooth and trouble free
I am currently in thekkady - no problem at the kumily-thekkady border. Vehicles are moving in and out freely.
Tempelhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 19:59   #156
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,354 Times
Default Re: Safest Road to Kerala per current conflict between TN & KL on the Mullaperiyar is

Tempelhof, good to know that the Then-Kumili NH220 is finally open! Thanks for this useful update. I hope the peace lasts.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2012, 21:29   #157
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,974
Thanked: 16,772 Times
Default Re: Safest Road to Kerala per current conflict between TN & KL on the Mullaperiyar is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
I am currently in thekkady - no problem at the kumily-thekkady border. Vehicles are moving in and out freely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Tempelhof, good to know that the Then-Kumili NH220 is finally open! Thanks for this useful update. I hope the peace lasts.
Need suggestion:

I am currently at Madurai.

Need to travel to Alleppey tomorrow morning urgently. Which would be the best/ safest route?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2012, 21:58   #158
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,354 Times
Default Re: Safest Road to Kerala per current conflict between TN & KL on the Mullaperiyar is

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Need suggestion:

I am currently at Madurai.

Need to travel to Alleppey tomorrow morning urgently. Which would be the best/ safest route?
Best route is Madurai-Theni-Cumbam-Kumili-Kanjirapalli-Vazhoor-Changanaserry-Alappuzha.

No problems reported in the Kumili border.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2012, 11:06   #159
Senior - BHPian
 
coolclouds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Garden City
Posts: 1,790
Thanked: 513 Times
Default Re: Safest Road to Kerala per current conflict between TN & KL on the Mullaperiyar is

Heard that there is a Harthal on 18th over Mullapperiyar issue in Kerala.
coolclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2012, 13:58   #160
Senior - BHPian
 
pramodpk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,011
Thanked: 463 Times
Default Re: Safest Road to Kerala per current conflict between TN & KL on the Mullaperiyar is

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Heard that there is a Harthal on 18th over Mullapperiyar issue in Kerala.
Yes there is as per my grand father. I did not read it any newspaper so far.
pramodpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2012, 20:24   #161
Senior - BHPian
 
mallumowgli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Palakkad/Coimbatore
Posts: 1,101
Thanked: 704 Times
Default Re: Safest Road to Kerala per current conflict between TN & KL on the Mullaperiyar is

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Yes there is as per my grand father. I did not read it any newspaper so far.
It is announced by some Mullapperiyar Samiti and supported by Kerala Congress(Maani goup, I think). No biggies have announced support as yet - may not affect the entire state, but outsiders better stay away. Why take unnecessary risk.
mallumowgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Current road conditions between Siliguri and Guwahati ? Saurabh M Route / Travel Queries 38 1st October 2017 21:46
Israel - Living during the Conflict chandrda Travelogues 67 26th November 2015 23:47
Safest cars in US as per Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Fabiaous The International Automotive Scene 5 12th May 2015 18:18


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:09.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks