Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 5th January 2012, 08:37   #1
BHPian

Default Weekend Trip Mumbai- Kihim

Hi Guys,
I am planning a trip to Kihim from Mumbai in 2-3 weeks and based on the info on the internet i have prepared an itinerary with friends and family. I have almost finalized a beach side resort at Kihim and should get a confirmation in 1-2 days regarding the reservation.

Sat morning leave from say Vashi at around 10-11
1) Go to Kihim, put bags in hotel, have lunch
2) Visit Karmarkar museum
3) Return to Kihim, Spend time on the beach
4) Have dinner at resort + night stay

Sun morning leave bit early say around 9
1) Visit Birla temple followed by Korlai light house,fort + whatever worth visiting in the Korlai vicinity
2) Come to Alibaug, have lunch at Sanmaan restaurant (at around 1-2 pm mayb)
3) Return to Mumbai

Any comments on this ? Can anybody suggest a better alternative/new places to add on to this ?
P.S : I am obsessed with the stay at kihim as the feel is different. I have been there before but it was just with friends - so chilling out was the main criteria then .
djkher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 22:05   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Weekend Trip Mumbai- Kihim

Hi ,

The plan sounds good. The drive from Kihim to Birla temple is far about an 1 hr as the roads towards murud are narrow. I would suggest you look at Murud Janjira as a place to stay , better and clean beach and ofcourse the fort ( unless you have been to ) The golden swan resort is good place and sea shell resorts is second good option there. For food there Patil khanvel is good.

Coming back to Kihim the place has a good beach with but thats it. Could you share the hotel you are staying there at ..
kARTIK IYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 22:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkher View Post
Hi Guys,
I am planning a trip to Kihim from Mumbai in 2-3 weeks and based on the info on the internet i have prepared an itinerary with friends and family. I have almost finalized a beach side resort at Kihim and should get a confirmation in 1-2 days regarding the reservation.

Sat morning leave from say Vashi at around 10-11
1) Go to Kihim, put bags in hotel, have lunch
2) Visit Karmarkar museum
3) Return to Kihim, Spend time on the beach
4) Have dinner at resort + night stay

Sun morning leave bit early say around 9
1) Visit Birla temple followed by Korlai light house,fort + whatever worth visiting in the Korlai vicinity
2) Come to Alibaug, have lunch at Sanmaan restaurant (at around 1-2 pm mayb)
3) Return to Mumbai

Any comments on this ? Can anybody suggest a better alternative/new places to add on to this ?
P.S : I am obsessed with the stay at kihim as the feel is different. I have been there before but it was just with friends - so chilling out was the main criteria then .
Boss we have already done Murud kanjira,Revdanda,kashid Alibaug last year.
It was one day meet and eat.There were seniors HVK SIR, KHOJ ji, MX 6 etc and myself with my sons.
Open air restaurant with Sea food at kashid was superb....
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2012, 10:04   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kARTIK IYER View Post
Hi ,

The plan sounds good. The drive from Kihim to Birla temple is far about an 1 hr as the roads towards murud are narrow. I would suggest you look at Murud Janjira as a place to stay , better and clean beach and ofcourse the fort ( unless you have been to ) The golden swan resort is good place and sea shell resorts is second good option there. For food there Patil khanvel is good.

Coming back to Kihim the place has a good beach with but thats it. Could you share the hotel you are staying there at ..
Thanks for the reply.
I will be staying at 'Sagarika' hotel. Its right next to beach and has lots of open area, so its ideal for camp fires, tandoori cooking in the open etc. I have stayed here earlier and really liked it.

W.r.t your suggestion on staying at Murud-Janjira, do you have any idea about costs associated with the stay at the hotels you mentioned. We are group of 8-9 people. And if i choose Murud as the place to stay, could you tell me a possible itinerary?
Old 29th February 2012, 12:02   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkher View Post
Hi Guys,
I am planning a trip to Kihim from Mumbai in 2-3 weeks .
did this trip happen? if yes, could you please share the details and/or some photographs?
i was looking for some unexplored (by me) weekend gateways from mumbai and kihim looked like an option.
infotech58 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 16:52   #6
BHPian

Same question as infotech above, did this trip happen?
& i am planning to go to alibag this weekend & from there to Khandala. Does anyone know the route between the two or if there are multiples which is the best one to take
AvinashV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 09:54   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
did this trip happen? if yes, could you please share the details and/or some photographs?
i was looking for some unexplored (by me) weekend gateways from mumbai and kihim looked like an option.
yes this trip did happen almost as planned.
-the korlai lighthouse and fort is worth visiting (lighthouse is open only till 5 pm).
-couldnt visit birla temple due to time constraints.
-karmarkar museum is good too.
-n ofcourse the stay at the resort was super comfortable.

lemme know if you need any more details
Old 16th March 2012, 22:05   #8
BHPian

Can anyone tell me the detailed route to Kihim from Mumbai, estimated travel time during the day (depending on traffic) and suggested stops? Would appreciate the help. Thanks!
thebluez is offline   Reply With Quote