Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 2nd November 2012, 08:28   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Best road/time to watch wildlife, on the way to ooty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The road via Thalavadi to Dimbam which goes through inner regions of Sathyamangalam WLS is closed for public traffic.
As you said one needs a permit.
YEah the road is closed and you need a permit. But from my experience, i have seen a large number of goods-rickshaws use this inner route and even wash their vehicles in one of the many streams that criss cross on this route. Not sure where these fellows are getting in from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Many a times this road is taken by people who want to enter Kerala. In that case, instead of Mettupalayam, they go to Karamadai
and there drive towards Kerala (North Palakkad). I am referring to places like Attapadi, Mannarkad, Silent Valley etc.
I think we are talking of 2 different routes.

My Q was, Is there a route to Bhavanisagar from Masinagudi via the Segur Range? Local forest staff told me i couldnt use the road anymore because the "river has changed course". Somehow i dont buy that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo222 View Post
And also pls elaborate on "...unless you are to handling wild situations"...
Can you keep your calm when a herd of elephants mills around your jeep without getting your panties in a twist and screaming like a woman? Then you should be alright! Becoz that sort of thing only makes things worse!

Last edited by COUGAR : 2nd November 2012 at 08:30.
COUGAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2012, 08:51   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post

My Q was, Is there a route to Bhavanisagar from Masinagudi via the Segur Range? Local forest staff told me i couldnt use the road anymore because the "river has changed course". Somehow i dont buy that.
I did get your point. What I meant was from Kothagiri to come down till Mettupalayam and take road via Bannari to Dimbam.

I am not aware of any road available from Kothagiri. It would be good to know though!
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2012, 13:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

there is an inner "road" via Talavadi: but you will need permits for that, and a 4WD equipped vehicle.

Can you elaborate more on this route? Where do we enter and where do we exit? I have been through Punjur-Bedaguli route once and I was told that the road continues to Honnameti and then to Bailur. Is this the one which you are talking about?

How are the sightings on the Hassanur-Kollegal road during the mornings?
Quote:

Does that mean this route was open to public before? Wow, this must be a lovely drive.
addyhemmige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2012, 09:40   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Can you keep your calm when a herd of elephants mills around your jeep...
i haven't had that kind of wild experience and i dont even want to

By the way, do we have a thread to share live life threatening experiences like the one you just gave me a peep of?

Though no one would want such an experience by asking for it but then what should one DO... and more importantly what should one NOT DO in such situations if at all it shows up suddenly and unexpectedly?

Sorry for pushing it a bit further, but then can i ask you to elaborate a bit more about that frightening incident of yours... may be you would want to point me to a thread where you would have already narrated it. Thnx!
yo222 is offline   Reply With Quote