Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2013, 22:20   #46
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 48
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Allahabad to Jabalpur and NH 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Thanks again for the reassurance. Maihar to Jabalpur seems to be around 240 kms, via Barhi-Kundam. Is it again a four-lane road or a two-laner?

In these cases, I may require around 5 hours from Allahabad to Maihar, and another 5 hrs from Maihar to Jabalpur, with stoppages for relaxing in between.
Is the above route good now (after the rains) and can be covered in 10 hours of driving? Need the information urgently. Any alternatives to consider.

I am planning a round trip to Allahabad in the route, Bangalore>Hyderabad>Nagpur>Jabalpur> Allahabad. Do not want to get stuck in bad patches. My target is to cover each side of the trip in 2.5 to 3 days with couple of night halts in prominent(safe) places.
BlackBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2013, 11:59   #47
BHPian
 
Babuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 102
Thanked: 93 Times
Default Re: Allahabad to Jabalpur and NH 27

We did the Allahabad - Jabalpur route and returned the same way (with a detour via Kajuraho and Panna) in December 2012 / January 2013.

The route taken was: Allahabad - Rewa - Maihar - Umariya - Bandhavgarh - Shapura - Kundam - Jabalpur. Road conditions were fairly good. The state highways were very well maintained.

Distance (approx) & time taken:
Allahabad - Maihar (197 km) : 4 hrs 30 mins (roads not so good with a lot of traffic)
Maihar - Umaria (100 km) : 2 hrs
Umaria - Jabalpur (190 km) 3 hrs 30 mins

Total - 487 km : 10 hrs.

Driving speed - sedate : in the latter part of the journey, the roads are twisty with undulations, a driver's delight. Breaks taken : 2 of 30 mins each.

Hope this was of help.
Babuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 14:35   #48
BHPian
 
Vipin Kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 255
Thanked: 153 Times
Default Re: Allahabad to Jabalpur and NH 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBerry View Post
I am planning a round trip to Allahabad in the route, Bangalore>Hyderabad>Nagpur>Jabalpur> Allahabad. Do not want to get stuck in bad patches. My target is to cover each side of the trip in 2.5 to 3 days with couple of night halts in prominent(safe) places.
The best bet seems to be Bangalore-Hyderabad-Nagpur- Lakhnadon-Sagar-Jhansi-Kanpur-Allahabad. Will be a little longer but you get roads throughout (check Narsinghpur to Sagar from someone). I drove Jhansi-Kanpur last month; it is in good condition except that tyre-marks of trucks have created uneven surface on the road. It does not, however, affect your speed or driving greatly.

All the best for the driving.

Vipin.
Vipin Kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2013, 15:56   #49
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 48
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Allahabad to Jabalpur and NH 27

Thanks mate. For now I have cancelled this travel, may be during December I will consider it again. Thanks a lot for your suggestion.
BlackBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2014, 21:55   #50
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 35
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Allahabad to Jabalpur and NH 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBerry View Post
Is the above route good now (after the rains) and can be covered in 10 hours of driving? Need the information urgently. Any alternatives to consider.

I am planning a round trip to Allahabad in the route, Bangalore>Hyderabad>Nagpur>Jabalpur> Allahabad. Do not want to get stuck in bad patches. My target is to cover each side of the trip in 2.5 to 3 days with couple of night halts in prominent(safe) places.
Did you do this trip?

The roads in MP have improved drastically and there is no requirement to avoid NH7 any more, I travelled in July 2014 from Bangalore to Allahabad to Ghaziabad. However, after Rewa,beyond Mangawan, the route is pathetic and preferred route shall be through Mirzapur to Allahabad.
onkar1710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2014, 10:06   #51
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 48
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Allahabad to Jabalpur and NH 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by onkar1710 View Post
Did you do this trip?

The roads in MP have improved drastically and there is no requirement to avoid NH7 any more, I travelled in July 2014 from Bangalore to Allahabad to Ghaziabad. However, after Rewa,beyond Mangawan, the route is pathetic and preferred route shall be through Mirzapur to Allahabad.
Hey Onkar,

Thanks for the update.

No, I didn't do the trip last time but I am travelling next week. Here's my plan, from Bangalore.

1. 16th Dec'14
* Start from Bangalore early morning 5 AM and head for Nagpur via Hyderabad. I think I will be able to cover the stretch of 1K+ km in about 12-13 hours with 3-4 pit stops (in Oct'14 I did the 600 km to Hyderabad in little over 6 hours with 1 pit stop of 30 min)
* Spend the night in a hotel/motel in Nagpur
Route:-
(a) Bangalore to Hyderabad by NH7/AH43 touching Anantapur, Dhone, Kurnool, Mahbubnagar,
Will have lunch in Hyderabad.

(b) Hyderabad to Nagpur by AH43/NH7, touching Nizamabad, Adilabad, Sonegaon

2. 17th Dec'14 - Checkout early and head for Allahabad.
- This is about 700+ km, which I want to and think I will be able to cover in about 12-14 hours (max)
Route:-
(a) Nagpur to Jabalpur by NH7/AH43, via Seoni
(b) Jabalpur to Allahabad by NH7/AH43, via Katni, Maihar, Satna, Chitrakoot (I was suggsted to avoid the road through Rewa)

I am not thinking any more at this point. I want to just set out. There will be some reality that cannot plan in advance and I will deal with them as they come.

I am looking for some information any pointers will be of great help,
1. Is there any other opinion/suggestion on the Jabalpur to Allahabad route than what I said above?
2. Any suggestion for a comfortable and 'safe' hotel/motel in Nagpur close to NH7/AH43?
3. Good restaurants enroute (Nagpur to Allahabad particularly)
4. My car (skoda Rapid) has a low GC, is there any stretch I should be careful about?

I will be tanking up in Blr before leaving, think will be able to cover the BLR-NGP stretch in 1 full tank(55 ltr). Want to refill in Nagpur and hope I will not need to fill again until Allahabad.

I may take the same route back to Blr or may change based on my experience on the onward journey. Will update when I am back.

Thanks.
BlackBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2014, 10:39   #52
BHPian
 
ssjr0498's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Blr-Ccu
Posts: 641
Thanked: 117 Times
Default Re: Allahabad to Jabalpur and NH 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBerry View Post
(a) Nagpur to Jabalpur by NH7/AH43, via Seoni
(b) Jabalpur to Allahabad by NH7/AH43, via Katni, Maihar, Satna, Chitrakoot (I was suggsted to avoid the road through Rewa)

Thanks.
Firstly, have a safe and a pleasant trip! Whenever possible, please update about the road conditions specially on this route! I plan on doing this very soon in my i20 with my wife and 1 yr old kid!

Cheers!
ssjr0498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2014, 11:56   #53
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 35
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Allahabad to Jabalpur and NH 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBerry View Post

Hey Onkar,
1. Is there any other opinion/suggestion on the Jabalpur to Allahabad route than what I said above?
2. Any suggestion for a comfortable and 'safe' hotel/motel in Nagpur close to NH7/AH43?
3. Good restaurants enroute (Nagpur to Allahabad particularly)
4. My car (skoda Rapid) has a low GC, is there any stretch I should be careful about? Thanks.
1. Hello Black Berry,I've just now confirmed (1140 hrs;8-12-14) regarding the optimum route between Nagpur and Allahabad. The routes via Mangawan-Chakghat and via Mirzapur are both broken and it is advisable to stick to the route planned by you-Jabalpur-Satna-Chitrakoot.

2. No idea,as we are privileged to have govt. accn. throughout.(PM me for help with that if needed).

3. We found the MPTDC Rukhad motel good enough for breakfast with early morning start from from Nagpur to Allahabad. You can even get something packed for further use enroute.

4. Pandharakwada-Nagpur stretch and misc. spots where there is loose gravel on the road merit caution lest the gravel should get lodged in the wheels etc.(faced a problem in my own trip). Be cautious about fog whenever you encounter the same,as also tractors etc coming up in the opposite lane(straight ahead)
onkar1710 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2014, 23:07   #54
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 48
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Allahabad to Jabalpur and NH 27

I have booked a room in Hotel Royal Regency in Boti Bori some 27 km before Nagpur on NH 7. Any feedback on this hotel?

Any other suggestion for a night's stay in Nagpur? I am looking for a safe and comfortable place for my family and my car.
BlackBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2014, 23:33   #55
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 48
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Allahabad to Jabalpur and NH 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Firstly, have a safe and a pleasant trip! Whenever possible, please update about the road conditions specially on this route! I plan on doing this very soon in my i20 with my wife and 1 yr old kid!

Cheers!
Have posted some details of my trip on another thread,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...-thread-2.html (The mega "Road Updates" thread)
BlackBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2014, 23:58   #56
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 48
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Allahabad to Jabalpur and NH 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
The best bet seems to be Bangalore-Hyderabad-Nagpur- Lakhnadon-Sagar-Jhansi-Kanpur-Allahabad. Will be a little longer but you get roads throughout (check Narsinghpur to Sagar from someone). I drove Jhansi-Kanpur last month; it is in good condition except that tyre-marks of trucks have created uneven surface on the road. It does not, however, affect your speed or driving greatly.

All the best for the driving.

Vipin.
Vipin,

I am weighing various options/routes to drive back to Bangalore. I am in Allahabad now, will start on 1st Jan.
Any idea about the road condition from Sagar to Jabalpur. Is there a preferred route from Allahabad to Jabalpur/Nagpur?

Appreciate a quick response.
BlackBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2014, 00:12   #57
BHPian
 
Vipin Kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 255
Thanked: 153 Times
Default Re: Allahabad to Jabalpur and NH 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBerry View Post
Vipin,

I am weighing various options/routes to drive back to Bangalore. I am in Allahabad now, will start on 1st Jan.
Any idea about the road condition from Sagar to Jabalpur. Is there a preferred route from Allahabad to Jabalpur/Nagpur?

Appreciate a quick response.
Mine was an old post. In Jan and Jun 2014 I drove twice from Lucknow to Mysore. Kanpur to Bangalore via Jhansi-Sagar-Lakhnadon-Nagpur bypass-Adilabad-Hyderabad is the route I will suggest. Take it blindly. You have a 20 plus 20 kms bad stretches at Pandharkhwada in MH. It is manageable with a little care. If you start early from Allahabad, you can reach beyond Lakhnadon up to Seoni and stay at Rajwada Grand, if you want. If you want to stretch further, go to Buti Bori 24 kms further from Nagpur and you have Hotel Mayur Vihar. You can check my thread, southwards from Lucknow.

Send me pm with your number or so if you have query en route.

Vipin.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2016, 16:18   #58
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 6
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Allahabad to Jabalpur and NH 27

Any recent updates on the thread?

Ok! So the time has come: - I am driving to Allahabad, from Bangalore, and need your inputs on:
1) Nagpur to Jabalpur route.
2) Jabalpur to Allahabad.

My plan is to start in the afternoon from Blr, reach Nagpur late night, and next day do Nagpur-Allahabad? Doable?

Need input on road conditions, traffic, timing . Please help.
sidPAjero4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2016, 09:38   #59
BHPian
 
Vipin Kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 255
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidPAjero4x4 View Post
My plan is to start in the afternoon from Blr, reach Nagpur late night, and next day do Nagpur-Allahabad? Doable?
Very ambitious is how I will say about the first lap. Do you have any work in Bangalore so that you can start only in the afternoon?

Given that Nagpur to Allahabad will anyway take a whole day drive through valleys and forests, you need to start in the morning itself from Nagpur. For which you need adequate sleep in the previous night. To ensure that, it is always better to reach Nagpur / Buti Bori early in the night/evening. (You can bypass Nagpur via the Oriental Nagpur Bypass).

You will enjoy Nagpur to Allahabad, the nature I mean. It is scenic. And the road may not be very good between Jabalpur and Allahabad. So, it is advisable to take more time.

I suggest that you start from Bangalore in the morning, drive sedately and, if you are planning to stay in a hotel, stop at Buti Bori (24 kms before reaching Nagpur). You have good hotels on the left side turn from the junction. Mayur Vihar is the best option. This will help you avoid entering the city next day morning.

Wish you a happy driving.
Vipin Kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2016, 14:08   #60
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 29
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Allahabad to Jabalpur and NH 27

Hello Vipin, I am starting my Blr<-> Alladhabad Journey this Friday(30th Sep). Do you have more suggestions on hotels at Buti Bori? Any recommendations of Hotels in Allahabad?
vijaymishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bangalore to Patna : Route Queries gogo_gogo Route / Travel Queries 138 15th October 2016 11:59
Aveod : Allahabad and Varanasi on Mahashivrathri day of MahaKumbh 2013 laluks Travelogues 77 15th April 2013 09:37
Route Query - Mumbai-Bhopal-Allahabad-Lucknow and back slicks Route / Travel Queries 4 14th December 2010 00:39
Suggestions Kolkata - Jabalpur Best Route. Captdey Route / Travel Queries 4 18th August 2009 11:25
Bílore-Hyderabad-Nagpur-Jabalpur-Maihar Route/Hotel/Food Queries. Su-47 Route / Travel Queries 9 11th March 2008 11:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:09.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks