Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 6th April 2012, 11:31   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Two weeks trip to Uttarkhand?

Please let me know the road condition for the plan trip. As far I know, near Joshimath, there is a entry timing to Badrinath. Are there any restrictions in any of the traveling road
contactme27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 11:44   #17
BHPian

If you are visiting Nainital, Make sure you pickup few candles. You get one of the best hand made candles in nainital. Also en-route to Mukteshwar from Nainital there is a small place where lovely hand made chocolates are sold, I am not able to recollect its name, but you will find sufficient boards advertising about them, make sure you try them, I liked it so I am recommending it, may not be the case with everyone. Also the last point of mukteshwar is a govt guest house, view of Himalayas from there is breathtaking, its the closest clear view I had of Himalayas though I visit Vaishnodevi every year.
Gadgetfreak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 12:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactme27 View Post
Please let me know the road condition for the plan trip. As far I know, near Joshimath, there is a entry timing to Badrinath. Are there any restrictions in any of the traveling road
AFAIK, in the Joshimath-Badrinath sector, driving is in convoy and the timings on eitehr side are at 630 am, 900 am, 1130 am, 200 pm & 430 pm.

I also believe that roads approaching Joshimath, Kedarnath, etc are closed after 8 pm.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 13:38   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
AFAIK, in the Joshimath-Badrinath sector, driving is in convoy and the timings on eitehr side are at 630 am, 900 am, 1130 am, 200 pm & 430 pm.

I also believe that roads approaching Joshimath, Kedarnath, etc are closed after 8 pm.
Thanks Kumar ! What about NH 119 road status ? From Ghaziabad to Syalsaur - how much time does it generally ?
Old 6th April 2012, 15:15   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Kumar ! What about NH 119 road status ? From Ghaziabad to Syalsaur - how much time does it generally ?
You are referring to NH58?
It is in good condition till Rishikesh, but after that it is being widened in many sections, so expect construction debris.
Rishikesh-Joshimath is a full day drive, including a brief stopover at Deoprayag.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 16:49   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
You are referring to NH58?
It is in good condition till Rishikesh, but after that it is being widened in many sections, so expect construction debris.
Rishikesh-Joshimath is a full day drive, including a brief stopover at Deoprayag.
Kumar - i am planning to take the following route to reach syalsaur. Ghaziabad - Meerut - Bijnor - Najibabad - Lansdowne - Pauri
Old 6th April 2012, 19:05   #22
BHPian

Exclamation Re: Two weeks trip to Uttarkhand?

Quote:
I have finally put my plan for the trip. Please suggest for any last minute changes. If the plan looks good, I am thinking to book the accommodation accordingly.
Well, the plan looks great just that I recommend you to look for another place to stay in Joshinath and Auli. The one in Joshimath is in a terrible condition and the one in Auli would cost you more than a five-star accommodation! The other GMVN's wouldn't be great either.

Also, most of the routes that you'll be covering are land-slide prone areas, so be prepared for some unexpected delays+stop-over.

While heading back, try and get your car checked thoroughly at a Toyota Dealership as under-body damage on such terrains is very common. If there is any major damage, it'll be very irritating if it creates an issue in the middle of a journey.
Abhinav667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2012, 18:44   #23
BHPian

Any good places to stop over for food ?
Old 7th April 2012, 22:59   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Any good places to stop over for food ?
When you are travelling from Delhi to Haridwar, you will find a place by the name Cheetal, A must stop place for its scenic beauty right on the bank of one of the branch of ganges. In haridwar the most famous guy was *******wala but now there are many on his name. Right opposite to Har-ki-pauri there is lane, continue walking into it and there is a famous sindhi guy who makes lip smacking halwa puri, gulab jamun etc....will check and let you know the exact name. But mostly on these routes that you are travelling, you will find good dhabas i guess, to the extent I had traveled, i never had an issue with place to eat. Hope you will not be looking for idlis and dosas there.
Gadgetfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2012, 13:47   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
When you are travelling from Delhi to Haridwar, you will find a place by the name Cheetal, A must stop place for its scenic beauty right on the bank of one of the branch of ganges. In haridwar the most famous guy was *******wala but now there are many on his name. Right opposite to Har-ki-pauri there is lane, continue walking into it and there is a famous sindhi guy who makes lip smacking halwa puri, gulab jamun etc....will check and let you know the exact name. But mostly on these routes that you are travelling, you will find good dhabas i guess, to the extent I had traveled, i never had an issue with place to eat. Hope you will not be looking for idlis and dosas there.
Nice one. Not particularly south indian food.
Old 8th April 2012, 13:59   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak

Cheetal is no longer on the toll highway. You will have to look for a 'Y' cut towards the right after you pass McD. I guess there is a huge sign board pointing towards right. At Mukhteshwar there is a guest house that is very beautiful. Pic attached. Would have surely stayed there but had Mountain Trails already booked.
Attached Thumbnails
Two weeks  trip to Uttarkhand?-100_4111.jpg  

Last edited by rohitbagai : 8th April 2012 at 14:21.
rohitbagai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2012, 17:50   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
April 28, 2012 - Hyderbad - Laknadon
April 29, 2012 - Laknadon - Jhansi - Gwalior - Agra - Delhi
April 30, 2012 - Delhi - Ghaziabad - Meerut - MuzzafarNagar - Haridwar - Rishikesh
May 01, 2012 - Rishikesh - gaurikund
May 02, 2012 - Gaurikund - Trek to Kedarnath - Gaurikund
May 03, 2012 - Gaurikund - Chopta - Trek to Thungnath Temple + back to Chopta
May 04, 2012 - Chopta - Chamoli - Joshimath - Badrinath - Joshimath
May 05, 2012 - Joshimath - Auli - Joshimath
May 06, 2012 - Joshimath - Nanital - Nainital sight seeing
May 07, 2012 - Nainital sightseeing places
May 08, 2012 - Nainital - Muktheswar - Binsar
May 09, 2012 - Binsar - chaukori - Munsyari
May 10, 2012 - munsyari sight seeing
May 11, 2012 - Munsyari - Agra
May 12, 2012 - Agra - Nagpur
May 13, 2012 - Nagpur - Hyderabad

Please suggest me the plan and places.. I know this route looks odd for many people, my plan is to cover most of the beautiful places in the Uttarkhand along with piligrimage trip.
Boss, you are missing HEMKUNT SAHIB,VALLEY OF FLOWERS. They are both on the way from Joshimath to Badrinath ji.For details pls visit my thread.Yatra Sri Hemkunt Sahib 2011.Pls do visit this shrine also........
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 12:44   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Boss, you are missing HEMKUNT SAHIB,VALLEY OF FLOWERS. They are both on the way from Joshimath to Badrinath ji.For details pls visit my thread.Yatra Sri Hemkunt Sahib 2011.Pls do visit this shrine also........
No Iqbal. I am planning to skip these as it will be difficult to trek with kids that too after trekking Kedarnath and Tungnath.
Old 9th April 2012, 15:38   #29
BHPian

Folks, Please confirm if I can take this route to reach Rudraprayag instead of haridwar and Rishikesh.
Ghaziabad - Meerut - Bijnor - Najibabad - Lansdowne - Pauri
Old 9th April 2012, 15:49   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks, Please confirm if I can take this route to reach Rudraprayag instead of haridwar and Rishikesh.
Ghaziabad - Meerut - Bijnor - Najibabad - Lansdowne - Pauri
Yes, you can go on the above route and join NH58 at Srinagar, en route Rudraprayag.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote