Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 22nd October 2012, 08:41   #16
BHPian

Default re: Bangalore - Kanpur : Route Queries

Bumping this old thread.

Planning to do a Bangalore - Kanpur - Banaglore run.

Route Options as i understand are:

a. Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Kanpur on NH7. Distance 1800 KMS

b. Bangalore - Mumbai - Ahmedabad - Udaipur - Jhansi Distance 2590 KMS (almost 800 KMS extra), but on all accounts a better route.

Based on current road conditions need advice on route to take and suggested pit stops.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Rohit
rohitm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 10:57   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Jabalpur-Allahabad is at best tractorable (not even jeepable). You need not head to Mumbai, instead push off at Belgaum, then NH50 (I think) to Nashik, NH4 via Indore to Jhansi, and Jhansi - Kanpur on NH25 (excellent). Should knock about 300+km of the detour off. Not that good as Mum-Udaipur but pretty decent to good roads.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 11:39   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Jabalpur-Allahabad is at best tractorable (not even jeepable). You need not head to Mumbai, instead push off at Belgaum, then NH50 (I think) to Nashik, NH4 via Indore to Jhansi, and Jhansi - Kanpur on NH25 (excellent). Should knock about 300+km of the detour off. Not that good as Mum-Udaipur but pretty decent to good roads.
Thanks! that's one more option. Is the Nashik - Indore - Jhansi a four laned road?
rohitm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 11:50   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitm View Post
Thanks! that's one more option. Is the Nashik - Indore - Jhansi a four laned road?
It was being done over a decade ago. So I guess it should mostly be done. The AB Road is the lifeline of MP connecting Indore to Mumbai, so they are a bit more careful about this one, even though MP roads can be pathetic (NH92 from Etawah to Gwalior) is a prime example. Also, some parts of the AB Road fall in the NS Corridor, which I hear has been done up to Jhansi, though Jhansi-Gwalior (is not of interest to you) is still work-in-progress.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 19:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Planning to do a Bangalore - Kanpur - Banaglore run.

Route Options as i understand are:

a. Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Kanpur on NH7. Distance 1800 KMS

b. Bangalore - Mumbai - Ahmedabad - Udaipur - Jhansi Distance 2590 KMS (almost 800 KMS extra), but on all accounts a better route.

Based on current road conditions need advice on route to take and suggested pit stops.

I would blindly take the route via Bombay. Here is the detailed route plan made by me of the Bangalore-Bombay-Udaipur-Kanpur route:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzW...TJBZlViQ0E2MFE

You can do the drive as follows:
D1: Bangalore-Bombay (service apartment in Thane)
D2: Bombay-Chittorgarh (Hotel Meera, RTDC or Hotel Padmini)
D3: Chittorgarh-Kanpur

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
NH3 north of Dewas is best avoided, it is in a bad shape all the way to Shivpuri.

Quote:
Nashik-Indore is a lovely 4-laned road, extends upto Dewas, but after that it is narrow 2-laned road
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 19:54   #21
BHPian

Bumping again in this old thread, as I have exactly the same query.

I plan to do a Bangalore - Kanpur - Bangalore trip in first week of November, 2013.

I have the flexibility of making it a Bangalore - Rewa - Bangalore ; as I have to visit my inlaws at Rewa. So I can include both the places as and where required.

Both of us drive but still I would want a night halt. Ideally looking to complete the journey in 2 days.

I've done Pune - Kanpur - Rewa - Kanpur - Pune before so I know that route well, but going to Pune would add 800 extra km's and make it a 3 day journey.

Suggestions are welcome, thanks.
somitra1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 11:44   #22
BHPian

Good Morning!

I am planning for a Bangalore->Allahabad->Bangalore trip during Dussera, 2nd week Oct'13.

Need latest update on the road condition, best route and night halts. I will be travelling with my family (wife and son) and only I will be driving the whole stretch.

Would love to speak to somebody who has done this route recently.

Thanks in advance.
BlackBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2013, 09:27   #23

Hi. I need to drive from Kanpur to Nagpur (and back after three days) in the first week of November. I plan to follow the Kanpur - Jhansi - Lalitpur - Sagar - Lakhnadon - Seoni - Nagpur route. Google maps shows the distance as 840 Km. This route is NH 25 from Kanpur to Jhansi and then the North South Corridor (AH 43) thereafter. The shortest route is to use NH 86 directly to Sagar (Via Chattarpur) and is about 90 Km shorter. Request advise on route to follow and current road conditions. We are four adults travelling in an Optra Magnum
Banarsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2013, 17:15   #24

Default Kanpur to Nagpur

I need to drive from Kanpur to Nagpur (and back three days later) in the first week of November. The shortest route suggested by Google Maps is Kanpur - Chattarpur - Sagar - Lakhnadon - Seoni - Nagpur at about 750 Km. The alternate is to reach Sagar via Jhansi and then follow the same route. This route is about 90 Km longer, but is completely on the East West Corridor (Kanpur to Jhansi) and then the North South Corridor (Jhansi to Nagpur)

I have gone through several posts about similar routes and most of the comments on the roads in Madhya Pradesh are fairly negative. However, the bulk of the information is fairly dated.

I checked with the National Highways authority website. The Map of the NSEW corridor (http://www.nhai.org/Nsew_english.htm) shows some parts (almost 200Km) of my journey as "under implementation". More details of these "under implementation" parts are available at http://www.nhai.org/phase2ui.asp. Some parts are due for completion by Dec 13 and others by Mar 14.

We would be three adults travelling in an Optra Magnum. Would appreciate guidance on the route to be followed and current road conditions.
Banarsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2013, 17:07   #25

Hello I have done Mumbai Aurangabad Wardha Jabbalpur Allahabad Kolkata during 2nd week of dec13.
The roads can be summarised as below
1. Mumbai NH3 Ghoti Sinnar Shirdi Nice maybe 15 km under repairs otherwise smooth.
2. Shirdi to Aurangabad by the new link before Khopargaon is so so as 50% road under repairs. After Aurangabad the new state highway is crowded 2 lane broken patches badly marked almost upto Wardha.
3. Wardha Butibori NH7 Nagpur Bypass to rejoining NH7 is excellent. The way all highways should be.
4 After 40 kms from Nagpur the NH7 does not exist. It is at best described as trekking path. Average speed came down to 15km. This continued till about Seoni Bypass. Then again NH7 To Lakahandon Jblp Sihora Katni is a as someone mentioned Tractorable road all the way to Rewa. I had to actually get off the NH7 at Katni and take a state road via Barhi to Maihar to rejoin NH7.
Managed 60kmph on the state road.
5, The road improves gradually after Rewa and surprise of surprise NH27 from Mangaon to Allahabad actually has improved beyond recognition in last 3 years.
6. The road AH1 or NH2 from Allahabad to Kolkata is good managed the 800km at average speed of 70km including lots of rest stops as we had an old dog with us.
I have done this route at least 9 times in various cars/vans in last 25 years and have never seen worse NH condition that what we saw this time from Nagpur to Rewa on NH7.
Only comparable scene was Amarkantak to Rewa in 2001. Where we drove our Safari over paddy fields for 50-60 km as the road had become so uneven that we were touching the bottom every 100meters.
I plan to return 1st week of Jan 14. Want to do NH2 to Kanpur then Jhansi Indore NH3 to Mumbai.
The NH6 Kolkata Mumbai is not feasible due political scenario.
Can somebody update on the road conditions between Kanpur to Mumbai??
HVKumar Saab have you done this route recently?
Thanks in advance
Amukherjea is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2013, 20:16   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amukherjea View Post
Can somebody update on the road conditions between Kanpur to Mumbai??
Mumbai Kanpur I think is best done via Ahemdabad-Udaipur-Chittorh-Kota-Shivpuri-Jhansi-Kanpur

Awesome 4 lanes till Kota (And I think till Shivpuri).
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2013, 22:24   #27

Dear ampere,
Thank you for that route. I did Mumbai Chittorgarh last May and the road except for little portion of Udaipur Bypass (about 6KM) is in good shape. And I have also done Allahabad Kanpur Jhansi Shivpuri Indore Nashik Mumbai in 2009 end and it wasn't bad at all. and it is definitely shorter.
However I am not aware of the current road condition of NH3 and was looking for latest information on that route.
As I mentioned in my original post the NH-7 is pathetic between Nagpur and Rewa. Otherwise I would have done Allahabad-Rewa NH-7 Nagpur NH-6 Dhule NH-3 Mumbai.
I take your advice and will do Jhansi Kota Chittorgarh as I have not done that road before.
Any pointers to good place to stay in Kota or Chittorgarh?
Thank you
Amukherjea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2013, 19:16   #28
BHPian

Kanpur - Jhansi NH 25 was better than Jhansi - Kanpur in August! I drove last Monday from Lucknow to Jhansi, and it is in very good condition, except for a kilometer in Kalpi, after crossing Yamuna. You will also find some bad patches on the bypass at Jhansi, towards Shivpuri.

On Monday, I left Lucknow, and drove all the way to Hyderabad via Jhansi, Babina, Lalitpur, Sagar, Lakhnadon, Nagpur, Nirmal. I will upload the details next week.

Tomorrow to Bangalore from Hyderabad.

Vipin.
Vipin Kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2013, 22:09   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amukherjea View Post
I take your advice and will do Jhansi Kota Chittorgarh as I have not done that road before.
Any pointers to good place to stay in Kota or Chittorgarh?
Thank you
Chittorh to Kota is NH76 a beautiful 4-lane. And I think that 4-lanes extends till Shivpuri. Would like to confirm that part as I am not sure.

As regards to stay, I am not sure. Its been ages since I stayed in those parts.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2015, 17:34   #30
BHPian

Hello, bumping up a very old thread. Starting at Nagpur with destination as Agra, which could be the best road option? Nagpur to Allahabad or Nagpur to Kanpur or Nagpur to Agra?
Inputs will be highly appreciated.
himadrimondal is offline   Reply With Quote