Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 23rd August 2016, 19:32   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobbhitmishra View Post

I have 2 queries :

1st, Since i am moving to the city , I'll have valuable items , I'll be preferring a safe route (I'll be traveling in day time only , for the same reason) ; please help me out with the route considering the rainy season too.
I estimate ,it'll take around 3-4 days to reach kanpur from banglore.

2nd, how many stops should I take and what would be the best places for the same.

Please let me know if it would be safe covering any strech during night.
Yes. It can take four days easily, considering that you will be carrying some important items and that you should be driving only during day time. When I drove two times from Lucknow to Bangalore and back, I avoided late night driving. I entered hotels maximum by nine in the night. I did not have material valuables but I had my family with me

You can take two routes basically. One is via Hyderabad Nehru ORR, the Oriental Nagpur Bypass, Lakhnadon, Jhansi. The road is good throughout. A one-line patch will be the Pandharkhwada region after Pipperwada / Adilabad. It is around 40 kms. The latest information however is that you can still drive smoothly maintaining 70-80 kmph. The second such stretch of around 50 kms is there after Mansar, beyond north Nagpur. It is in the Pench region. But you can drive smoothly here also.

You can take break before Nagpur for an overnight stay. The second break could be at Jhansi. This is, if you drive Bangalore / Buti Bori drive on a single day. Buti Bori has good hotels. It saves you from entering the Nagpur confusions.

The second route could be Pune, Ahmedabad, Udaipur, Jaipur. There are enough travel reports in here. The roads are said to be great. I drove recently in the Jaipur highway from Gurgaon side. The road is good but traffic was too much.

Delhi - Kanpur is excellent especially if you take the Yamuna Express Highway. It is six lane till Agra (which you can bypass) and again six lane from Etawah to Kanpur. From Agra to Etawah, it is four lane.

Have an enjoyable drive.
And please feel free to ask if you have any further queries.
Vipin Kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2016, 17:09   #47

Default Re: Bangalore - Kanpur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post

You can take two routes basically. One is via Hyderabad Nehru ORR, the Oriental Nagpur Bypass, Lakhnadon, Jhansi. The road is good throughout. A one-line patch will be the Pandharkhwada region after Pipperwada / Adilabad. It is around 40 kms. The latest information however is that you can still drive smoothly maintaining 70-80 kmph. The second such stretch of around 50 kms is there after Mansar, beyond north Nagpur. It is in the Pench region. But you can drive smoothly here also.

You can take break before Nagpur for an overnight stay. The second break could be at Jhansi. This is, if you drive Bangalore / Buti Bori drive on a single day. Buti Bori has good hotels. It saves you from entering the Nagpur confusions.

The second route could be Pune, Ahmedabad, Udaipur, Jaipur. There are enough travel reports in here. The roads are said to be great. I drove recently in the Jaipur highway from Gurgaon side. The road is good but traffic was too much..

hi Vipin, thanks a lot for prompt reply.
what route would you recommend ? which would be quickest and safest ?
ill prefer a good road untill unless i am reaching delhi on 7th evening (Max), i want to take a day as buffer in case if any miss happening.
8rth morning i have a meeting with AVP of the company, that i cant miss.
shobbhitmishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2016, 17:28   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobbhitmishra View Post
what route would you recommend ? which would be quickest and safest ?
ill prefer a good road untill unless i am reaching delhi on 7th evening (Max),
Both are equally good routes. I will not be able to say right now which route is shorter. You can do a Google map check (Right now, I don't have the facility). But I have seen a lot of people from Bangalore taking the Pune route. It should be safe.

I am more familiar with the Hyderabad Nehru ORR route since I drove this way twice in the last two years. There were two bad patches as I mentioned earlier. But now they are very much motorable/driveable.

If you take this route, you can reach Delhi in exactly three day time driving. Once you decide where you want to stay on two nights, I can help you out.

We can speak too, if you so desire
Vipin Kumar is offline   Reply With Quote