Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 23rd August 2016, 19:32   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobbhitmishra View Post

I have 2 queries :

1st, Since i am moving to the city , I'll have valuable items , I'll be preferring a safe route (I'll be traveling in day time only , for the same reason) ; please help me out with the route considering the rainy season too.
I estimate ,it'll take around 3-4 days to reach kanpur from banglore.

2nd, how many stops should I take and what would be the best places for the same.

Please let me know if it would be safe covering any strech during night.
Yes. It can take four days easily, considering that you will be carrying some important items and that you should be driving only during day time. When I drove two times from Lucknow to Bangalore and back, I avoided late night driving. I entered hotels maximum by nine in the night. I did not have material valuables but I had my family with me

You can take two routes basically. One is via Hyderabad Nehru ORR, the Oriental Nagpur Bypass, Lakhnadon, Jhansi. The road is good throughout. A one-line patch will be the Pandharkhwada region after Pipperwada / Adilabad. It is around 40 kms. The latest information however is that you can still drive smoothly maintaining 70-80 kmph. The second such stretch of around 50 kms is there after Mansar, beyond north Nagpur. It is in the Pench region. But you can drive smoothly here also.

You can take break before Nagpur for an overnight stay. The second break could be at Jhansi. This is, if you drive Bangalore / Buti Bori drive on a single day. Buti Bori has good hotels. It saves you from entering the Nagpur confusions.

The second route could be Pune, Ahmedabad, Udaipur, Jaipur. There are enough travel reports in here. The roads are said to be great. I drove recently in the Jaipur highway from Gurgaon side. The road is good but traffic was too much.

Delhi - Kanpur is excellent especially if you take the Yamuna Express Highway. It is six lane till Agra (which you can bypass) and again six lane from Etawah to Kanpur. From Agra to Etawah, it is four lane.

Have an enjoyable drive.
And please feel free to ask if you have any further queries.
Vipin Kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2016, 17:09   #47

Default Re: Bangalore - Kanpur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post

You can take two routes basically. One is via Hyderabad Nehru ORR, the Oriental Nagpur Bypass, Lakhnadon, Jhansi. The road is good throughout. A one-line patch will be the Pandharkhwada region after Pipperwada / Adilabad. It is around 40 kms. The latest information however is that you can still drive smoothly maintaining 70-80 kmph. The second such stretch of around 50 kms is there after Mansar, beyond north Nagpur. It is in the Pench region. But you can drive smoothly here also.

You can take break before Nagpur for an overnight stay. The second break could be at Jhansi. This is, if you drive Bangalore / Buti Bori drive on a single day. Buti Bori has good hotels. It saves you from entering the Nagpur confusions.

The second route could be Pune, Ahmedabad, Udaipur, Jaipur. There are enough travel reports in here. The roads are said to be great. I drove recently in the Jaipur highway from Gurgaon side. The road is good but traffic was too much..

hi Vipin, thanks a lot for prompt reply.
what route would you recommend ? which would be quickest and safest ?
ill prefer a good road untill unless i am reaching delhi on 7th evening (Max), i want to take a day as buffer in case if any miss happening.
8rth morning i have a meeting with AVP of the company, that i cant miss.
shobbhitmishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2016, 17:28   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobbhitmishra View Post
what route would you recommend ? which would be quickest and safest ?
ill prefer a good road untill unless i am reaching delhi on 7th evening (Max),
Both are equally good routes. I will not be able to say right now which route is shorter. You can do a Google map check (Right now, I don't have the facility). But I have seen a lot of people from Bangalore taking the Pune route. It should be safe.

I am more familiar with the Hyderabad Nehru ORR route since I drove this way twice in the last two years. There were two bad patches as I mentioned earlier. But now they are very much motorable/driveable.

If you take this route, you can reach Delhi in exactly three day time driving. Once you decide where you want to stay on two nights, I can help you out.

We can speak too, if you so desire
Old 17th October 2017, 21:55   #49
BANNED

Hi Friends

I and my friends are driving from Bangalore to Lucknow and back in the month of November. Leaving Bangalore on 7th November so that can reach Lucknow on 9th by 12 noon or maximum by 1 p.m.

Vehicle for driving : Dusters - 2 Nos.

Need input on following :

Best Route - Google is showing BLr-Nagpur-Chindwara-Sagar-Jhansi and BLR-Nagpur-Lakhnadon-Sagar-Jhansi-Lucknow

On Google maps, I found another option which goes directly to Kanpur without going to Jhansi from Sagar.

Need input and advise on best, fastest and safest route.

Time to start from Bangalore to reach Nagpur or Adilabad (atleast) by 8 or 9 p.m. (max).

Day 2 : Nagpur to Jhansi or further so that Day 3 drive should be less.

OR

Day 2 : Nagpur - Sagar - Chatarpur (to avoid Jhansi altogether)

Food options enroute BLR to Lucknow
Stay option - enroute (budgeted ones) - Preferably on highway

Need inputs as early as possible
micrographics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2017, 14:56   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrographics View Post
Hi Friends

I and my friends are driving from Bangalore to Lucknow and back in the month of November. Leaving Bangalore on 7th November so that can reach Lucknow on 9th by 12 noon or maximum by 1 p.m.

Vehicle for driving : Dusters - 2 Nos.

Need input on following :

Best Route - Google is showing BLr-Nagpur-Chindwara-Sagar-Jhansi and BLR-Nagpur-Lakhnadon-Sagar-Jhansi-Lucknow

On Google maps, I found another option which goes directly to Kanpur without going to Jhansi from Sagar.

Time to start from Bangalore to reach Nagpur or Adilabad (atleast) by 8 or 9 p.m. (max).

OR

Need inputs as early as possible
Request all Experts in this field to provide latest update on Road Condition, best route and stay as I've only 15 days left to start my journey.
Old 23rd October 2017, 15:37   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Request all Experts in this field to provide latest update on Road Condition, best route and stay as I've only 15 days left to start my journey.
I did Blr-Lko & back on Dusshera weekend - so here are my 2 cents on the route.

This route is the best -

Blr - Hyd - Adilabad - Nagpur - Chhindwara - Sagar - Jhansi - Kanpur - Lucknow

Roads are very good througout except a small stretch between Adilabad & Nagpur.

Day 1 - Blr-Hyd-Adilabad-Nagpur. Left Blr around 7am & reached Nagpur around 10pm. Stayed in Travotel Suites - would recommend.

Day 2 - Nagpur - Chhindwara - Sagar - Jhansi. Left Nagpur around 830am and reached Jhansi by 5pm. Could have pushed on to Lucknow but wanted to stay in Jhansi as i did my schooling here. Stayed in Jhansi Hotel (a bit expensive but best hotel in Jhansi by far)

Day 3 - Jhansi - Kanpur - Lucknow. Left Jhansi by 9am - reached Lucknow by 2pm.

Dont make the mistake of taking Nagpur-Seoni route - it is byeond horrible in Pench forest. Also - Sagar-Chhatarpur will be a bad 2 lane highway - best avoided.

Another option for you would be to break on Day 1 in Adilabad (return i stayed in Hotel Sai Panchvati - recommend it). Start early on day 2 and you can easily make it to Jhansi by evening - advantage in this iternary is that you dont have to encounter the bad stretch between Adilabad/Nagpur in darkness.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2017, 17:31   #52
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Day 1 - Blr-Hyd-Adilabad-Nagpur. Left Blr around 7am & reached Nagpur around 10pm. Stayed in Travotel Suites - would recommend.
I check TRavotel Hotel and it loks a bit on higher side. Room Rate starts from Rs. 2,900/- per night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Day 2 - Nagpur - Chhindwara - Sagar - Jhansi. Left Nagpur around 830am and reached Jhansi by 5pm. Could have pushed on to Lucknow but wanted to stay in Jhansi as i did my schooling here. Stayed in Jhansi Hotel (a bit expensive but best hotel in Jhansi by far)
Even Hotel Jhansi is also expensive.
Old 23rd October 2017, 17:35   #53
BHPian

Quote:
I check TRavotel Hotel and it loks a bit on higher side. Room Rate starts from Rs. 2,900/- per night.

Even Hotel Jhansi is also expensive.
Check Goibibo/Oyo/Makemytrip. I remember paying less than 2k for Travotel. Jhansi Hotel is expensive - there are other options in 3 star hotels which are cheaper. BTW you guys can easily push onto Lucknow from Nagpur in 1 day - probably would be 12-13 hours or so of driving time as roads are excellent throughout.
Old 29th October 2017, 10:11   #54
BHPian

Quote:

OR

I did not know about the Pench area right now. That is information. But, I think, you need to enter Nagpur in order to proceed towards Chindwara. Since recent travellers tell you that the Chindwara route is better, it will be better to avoid Seoni - Lakhnadon route.

Also best to avoid the Chattarpur - Mahoba - Kanpur (NH 86) from Sagar. That is in bad state. On the contrary, a drive from Sagar to Jhansi will be smooth and fast. You can do this 200 kms in 2 hours-like, if you will. When I did my Mysore - Lucknow drive, I have done this stretch in 2 hours 25 minutes, somewhat by controlling the speeding instincts. No major town and no heavy traffic on the way. But beware of cows on the road.

Crossing Jhansi city via Bundelkhand University and Medical College is also not very difficult. Jhansi - Lucknow is also in very good condition now, comparatively. Nothing to worry.

If you start from Bangalore at 5.30 or so, in eight hours you can cross Hyderabad Nehru ORR, I suppose. By the time it is dark, you can cover the bad patches of Pipparwada - Wadki up to Hinganghat. That ROB at Hinganghat is not complete yet, I heard. Take the 90 degree left-turn at Jamb village (a crucial junction which you should not miss for an unexpected right-turn while you return to Bangalore 😊. Your common-sense of geography would tell you 'go straight' but you have to take the right-turn).

You can probably do Bangalore - Buti Bori (24 kms before Nagpur) and get a room in Hotel Mayur Vihar. It is just on your left on the highway but you have to take the left turn i to the Buti Bori industrial area in order to get the hotel.

I am adding a picture of the hotel here.

Wish you a safe and pleasurable drive.

Vip.
Old 29th October 2017, 21:13   #55
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
I did not know about the Pench area right now. That is information. But, I think, you need to enter Nagpur in order to proceed towards Chindwara. Since recent travellers tell you that the Chindwara route is better, it will be better to avoid Seoni - Lakhnadon route.

Also best to avoid the Chattarpur - Mahoba - Kanpur (NH 86) from Sagar. That is in bad state. On the contrary, a drive from Sagar to Jhansi will be smooth and fast. You can do this 200 kms in 2 hours-like, if you will. When I did my Mysore - Lucknow drive, I have done this stretch in 2 hours 25 minutes, somewhat by controlling the speeding instincts. No major town and no heavy traffic on the way. But beware of cows on the road.

Crossing Jhansi city via Bundelkhand University and Medical College is also not very difficult. Jhansi - Lucknow is also in very good condition now, comparatively. Nothing to worry.

If you start from Bangalore at 5.30 or so, in eight hours you can cross Hyderabad Nehru ORR, I suppose. By the time it is dark, you can cover the bad patches of Pipparwada - Wadki up to Hinganghat. That ROB at Hinganghat is not complete yet, I heard. Take the 90 degree left-turn at Jamb village (a crucial junction which you should not miss for an unexpected right-turn while you return to Bangalore ��. Your common-sense of geography would tell you 'go straight' but you have to take the right-turn).

You can probably do Bangalore - Buti Bori (24 kms before Nagpur) and get a room in Hotel Mayur Vihar. It is just on your left on the highway but you have to take the left turn i to the Buti Bori industrial area in order to get the hotel.

I am adding a picture of the hotel here.

Wish you a safe and pleasurable drive.

Vip.
Dear Vipin

Thanks for your guidance. I could not see the picture of Hotel.

Also you mentioned that you stayed at Travotel Hotel but it is somewhere near Airport and I think if I book at Travotel then coming over to Chhindwara highway will take longer than required.

Regards

rakesh

Last edited by micrographics : 29th October 2017 at 21:15.
Old 30th October 2017, 16:20   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Vipin

Also you mentioned that you stayed at Travotel Hotel but it is somewhere near Airport and I think if I book at Travotel then coming over to Chhindwara highway will take longer than required.

Regards

rakesh
I said I had stayed at Hotel Mayur Vihar in Buti Bori, 24 kms before you reach Nagpur from the Bangalore side.

This is the partial picture of the Hotel, with my car parked just outside, on another occasion there.

Bangalore - Kanpur : Route Queries-mayur.jpg

The hotel is moderately priced and has pretty good rooms. Ample parking outside.
Hope this helps. I have already mentioned the exact location and how to get there.
Vip.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2017, 18:59   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Vipin

Regards

rakesh
I stayed at Travotel. It is near the airport but you have to cross the city to go via chhindwara route.

Staying at Buti Bori is also a good idea - just leave early the next day to avoid peak office traffic in Nagpur.