Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 19th November 2012, 11:43   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Pune to Kota - Route Info needed

Finally i did Pune to Kota road trip with my Vento on 10th Nov.
i had to go for Diwali to my hometown but my train ticket was on wait list.
i decided to wait till friday, 9th Nov. if ticket gets confirmed but i think it was my long pending wish of long drive calling.
I started on Saturday, 10th Nov. at 6 AM from Pune.
Route was decided via Ahmadabad. first i decided to stay in Ahmadabad at my friend's home.
i crossed mumbai without any traffic issue via Airoli bridge.
highway was absolute fantastic and driving was such a pleasure. i maintained speed of 120-140 km/h.
i got my first traffic jam of 5-6 km long on Ankleshwar-Bharuch bypass. i actually forgot the prior warning given here and continued on this bridge.
i was lucky enough to reach at a cut within 3 minutes of arriving at this point and from there went on to the wrong side which was totally empty.
i reached Ahmadabad at 2.30 PM. so based on my calculation and my physical driving stamina, i decided to continue driving and reach Kota by 11 PM.
surprisingly i was not feeling tired.

next traffic Jam was at Udaipur bypass, almost 2 km long. i decided to take U turn and went through Udaipur city.

i reached Kota @ 10 PM. Last 2 hours, i felt bit tired for last 2 hours but excitement of reaching home and surprise everybody was dominating.

i took the same route while coming back on 17th Nov. but with family from Jaipur. i took first break of 2 hours in Chittor to see fort.
then i took second break for 3 hours to see Udaipur. i visited Saheliyon ki Bari and Pichola Lake.
I took Stay at Ahmadabad.
Started on 18th Nov. from Ahmadabad at 8 AM and reached Pune at 4 PM.

This was the first real test of my Sygic Navigation maps on my newly acquired Micromax A110. it was really good once you set all the parameters and via points.
i never asked for any route confirmation to locals.

Last edited by Nicky : 19th November 2012 at 12:08.
Nicky is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2012, 13:20   #17
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Pune to Kota - Route Info needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
This was the first real test of my Sygic Navigation maps on my newly acquired Micromax A110. it was really good once you
set all the parameters and via points.i never asked for any route confirmation to locals.
For the fun of it, you should also try (if you have not already tried)
Kota-Rawat Bhata-Singoli-Begun-Chittorh-Udaipur. It takes you through the Chambal valley. One of the "few" remaining
green locations in Rajasthan ! Though I am not sure how the roads are as of today. (NH76 is of course a beautiful 4-lane and
hence more compelling reason to take that rather than the route via Rawat Bhata)

Last edited by ampere : 19th November 2012 at 13:21.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote