Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2012, 11:33   #31
BHPian
 
laxmanrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 130
Thanked: 58 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Masinagudi - Route & places to stay enroute?

Planning a trip on the next weekend from Tirupati to Masinagudi.

Although most people have said to go via Bangalore, anticipating any inputs and alternative routes (via Chamarajnagar or Mysore) with latest updates on the road conditions.

Would really appreciate inputs, as I am travelling with wife and kiddos.
laxmanrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2012, 13:52   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
cool_dube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,183
Thanked: 368 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Masinagudi - Route & places to stay enroute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxmanrk View Post
Planning a trip on the next weekend from Tirupati to Masinagudi.
Your best bet is to go via Bangalore.

To bypass Bangalore (if you want to) divert off NH-4 after Hoskote towards Whitefield, go to Dommasandra via Varthur, take right on Sarjapura Road and again left towards Chandapura (on NH7). At Chandapura, take right under the flyover and get on to NH7. After about 8 kms or so, take the NICE road exit and go all the way to Mysore Road (SH-17). From there on, it is a straight run for Masinagudi via Mysore, Nanjangud, Gundlupet, and Theppakadu. Total distance (for the above suggested route) would be around 500 kms, doable in 8 hours or so, subject to the number of breaks.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2012, 15:12   #33
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,605
Thanked: 8,599 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Masinagudi - Route & places to stay enroute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxmanrk View Post
Although most people have said to go via Bangalore, anticipating any inputs and alternative routes (via Chamarajnagar or Mysore) with latest updates on the road conditions.
Those routes also go via Bangalore only.
Since you would drive about 500km, I would not suggest the Kanakpura/Chamarajanagar option. Best to go via Mysore road.

The following link illustrates how to cross Bangalore.

Link for bypassing Bangalore
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2012, 15:46   #34
BHPian
 
laxmanrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 130
Thanked: 58 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Masinagudi - Route & places to stay enroute?

Now since both Ampere and cool_dube recommend the Mysore route from Bangalore, I am going for that.

From Tirupati would it not make sense to do the following route

Tirupati - Chitoor - Vellore - Krishnagiri - Hosur - NICE Road - Mysore.

Or is the route shown on the Google maps link better? (posted by ampere)

I think the route I have here is about 40~50 kms more, but have travelled most of it recently and know that is in good condition.

Again, any inputs appreciated and thanks in advance.
laxmanrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2012, 17:53   #35
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,605
Thanked: 8,599 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Masinagudi - Route & places to stay enroute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxmanrk View Post
Tirupati - Chitoor - Vellore - Krishnagiri - Hosur - NICE Road - Mysore.

By all means! If you are comfortable, do take that route. From Vellore you get 4L. The extra 30-40 km is worth it.

EDIT: Couple of pointers though:

1. Hope you know how to get off NH4 beyond Chittoor to and latch on to Katpadi SH.
2, Be aware that even NH46 (Vellore-Krishnagiri) is being expanded from 4L to 6L. Expect vehicle travelling in opposite directions.

Ref: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2648172

Last edited by ampere : 27th January 2012 at 17:58.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2012, 18:41   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
cool_dube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,183
Thanked: 368 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Masinagudi - Route & places to stay enroute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxmanrk View Post
Now since both Ampere and cool_dube recommend the Mysore route from Bangalore, I am going for that.

From Tirupati would it not make sense to do the following route

Tirupati - Chitoor - Vellore - Krishnagiri - Hosur - NICE Road - Mysore.

Or is the route shown on the Google maps link better? (posted by ampere)

I think the route I have here is about 40~50 kms more, but have travelled most of it recently and know that is in good condition.

Again, any inputs appreciated and thanks in advance.
In my opinion, going via Vellore/Krishnagiri is not worth it. Also, I'd suggest a slight modification to the route suggested by Ampere. Here is the link.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2012, 19:21   #37
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,605
Thanked: 8,599 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Masinagudi - Route & places to stay enroute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
In my opinion, going via Vellore/Krishnagiri is not worth it. Also, I'd suggest a slight modification to the route suggested by Ampere.
I thought about that option, but was not sure, if he would be able to spot the that turning on the Sarjapur road.
Where as the Sarjapur-Attibele SH is easy to get on to.

Last edited by ampere : 27th January 2012 at 19:23.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2012, 21:46   #38
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 4,825
Thanked: 4,771 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Masinagudi - Route & places to stay enroute?

@laxmanrk - not sure if you'll get a chance to see this before you start.
To locate the turn off that cool_dube and ampere discussed in above posts:
This is the road to whitefield from NH4.
Just after you pass Hoskote police station on your right, there's a toll plaza (it was not operational till couple months ago, not sure now).
After this toll plaza, get onto the service lane and then you will see a turn off to the left towards whitefield - this is SH35.
Keep going straight on this, past Sai Baba Ashram (you will be on a flyover here and the ashram is down below on left side) to reach Hope Farm junction. Proceed straight here, past a gated community called Laughing Waters on the right side. Then you will notice a traffic island, keep left here to go towards Varthur past the lake, Varthur Police station, then a series of big schools like Greenwood High, Indus International, TISB, etc.
Then you hit a junction with a large road, this is Sarjapura Road, turn left here and proceed straight (once you turn you will see a Bharat Petroleum petrol bunk on the right).
Then you reach a small circle, turn right here (you will see Sarjapura Police station).
Keep going straight and you reach NH7 at Attibele where you should go below the flyover and turn right and proceed straight (follow general direction towards Bangalore city).
**Make sure you don't get onto the BETL elevated expressway, otherwise you will miss the NICE Road turn off !
Then make a left onto the NICE Road from the service road and you're on your way to Mysore Road SH17.
The route explained above is not as complex as it may seem, just wanted to make sure you have good landmarks - Have a nice drive and enjoy the trip to Masinagudi !

Last edited by NPV : 27th January 2012 at 21:48.
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 10:14   #39
BHPian
 
~~VinZ~~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 289
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Masinagudi - Route & places to stay enroute?

Hi,

I am planning to drive to masinagudi from bangalore on 30th morning. How is the road condition and which route should I take?

If the road isnt good then i will change plan to chikkamagalur
~~VinZ~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 11:27   #40
BHPian
 
ankan.m.blr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 598
Thanked: 491 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Masinagudi - Route & places to stay enroute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~VinZ~~ View Post
Hi,

I am planning to drive to masinagudi from bangalore on 30th morning. How is the road condition and which route should I take?

If the road isnt good then i will change plan to chikkamagalur
Hi Vinz, if you are travelling with family and need breakfast/lunch stops , the best route will be :
Bangalore - Maddur - Srirangapatana - Mysore - Nanjangud - Gundulpet - Bandipur - Theppakadu - Masinagudi

From theppakadu, the road bifurcates -- take the left one. There is a bridge just after taking left. Cross it and after the forest, you'll find Masinagudi. It is 6 KM from theppakadu.

An alternate route can be
Bangalore - Kanakpura - Chamrajnagar - Gundulpet - Bandipur - Thepakadu - Masinagudi
U can avoid mysore road traffic in this road. But food options are limited and the road is undivided.

Last edited by ankan.m.blr : 17th December 2012 at 11:29. Reason: added quote
ankan.m.blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2014, 16:51   #41
Newbie
 
devious.mojave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Masinagudi - Route & places to stay enroute?

Hi guys
Since this is a pretty old thread I am looking for some recent developments on the the road to masinagudi.
Can someone please tell me in detail as to what route to take (planning for Mid august) and where are the best places to stop for breakfast/lunch etc?
devious.mojave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2014, 18:40   #42
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,721
Thanked: 3,307 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Masinagudi - Route & places to stay enroute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by devious.mojave View Post
Hi guys
Can someone please tell me in detail as to what route to take (planning for Mid august) and where are the best places to stop for breakfast/lunch etc?
You need to take Bangalore - Mysore - Gundulpet - Masinagudi route.

Road condition is good all through out barring around 10 KMS at the end where road is very narrow.

Food options are not a worry on Mysore road, also just before you enter Bandipur forest in Gundulpet you have CCD & Jungle lodges.

A worry while taking Mysore road is the traffic and speed breakers of the route. To avoid this you can opt for Bangalore - Kanakpura - Mallavalli - Chamarajanagar route.
Again road conditions are good all way till Chamarajanar. From Chamarajanagar to Gundulpet road has few bad patches, though nothing to worry about. However food options is limited to Nijaguna hotel near Chamarajanagar.

For a leisurely drive, budget ~5 hours from Bangalore.
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2014, 19:59   #43
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 4,825
Thanked: 4,771 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Masinagudi - Route & places to stay enroute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
A worry while taking Mysore road is the traffic and speed breakers of the route. To avoid this you can opt for Bangalore - Kanakpura - Mallavalli - Chamarajanagar route.
Again road conditions are good all way till Chamarajanar. From Chamarajanagar to Gundulpet road has few bad patches, though nothing to worry about. However food options is limited to Nijaguna hotel near Chamarajanagar.

For a leisurely drive, budget ~5 hours from Bangalore.
@devious.mojave - Choose the route based on time and day of start from Bangalore. Bangalore-Mysore on SH17 (Mysore Road) is avoidable at peak hours, take this if you start before 6am on weekdays and 5.30am on weekends. Lot of speed bumps as well on the route, only good thing is options for food breaks are more but we found most places not open even at 6.30am in the morning at Maddur.
Kanakapura route is good and you can afford a slightly late start and have a 7am or later breakfast at Nijaguna Residency in Chamarajnagar. Other option is Mayura Rajdhani outside the Chamarajnagar bus stand. Or Vasu Hotel in Kanakapura.
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2014, 14:26   #44
Newbie
 
devious.mojave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Masinagudi - Route & places to stay enroute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
@devious.mojave - Choose the route based on time and day of start from Bangalore. Bangalore-Mysore on SH17 (Mysore Road) is avoidable at peak hours, take this if you start before 6am on weekdays and 5.30am on weekends. Lot of speed bumps as well on the route, only good thing is options for food breaks are more but we found most places not open even at 6.30am in the morning at Maddur.
Kanakapura route is good and you can afford a slightly late start and have a 7am or later breakfast at Nijaguna Residency in Chamarajnagar. Other option is Mayura Rajdhani outside the Chamarajnagar bus stand. Or Vasu Hotel in Kanakapura.
Thanks for letting me know. I am probably going to stick to Mysore road, but who knows. Depends on the women in my life
devious.mojave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2014, 15:19   #45
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 414
Thanked: 161 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Masinagudi - Route & places to stay enroute?

Note from Support - Please refer to rule # 11. Discussing alcohol, in any context, is prohibited.

Last edited by Eddy : 1st October 2014 at 22:09.
creative420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hotels enroute Cochin-Bangalore krish3 Route / Travel Queries 127 12th September 2017 16:34
Kollur - places to stay? vsbabu Route / Travel Queries 16 26th December 2013 17:15
Off to Goa on new year!! Query on Route & Places to Stay asethi Route / Travel Queries 17 7th December 2009 15:51
Places to see enroute Bangalore to Vizag rajiv0 Route / Travel Queries 0 27th September 2009 15:27
Travel to Udupi - please suggest a few good places to Stay shankaranand Route / Travel Queries 11 23rd December 2008 17:09


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:33.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks