Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 3rd May 2016, 12:34   #226
BHPian

Default Re: Delhi - Nainital : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
Thanks a lot.

How much long, or short is this route as compared to rampur-->rudrapur-->haldwani-->nainital route? and what is the condition of this route, if you know.

Also, is Kaladhungi route easy to drive, as compared to NH? I have heard, it is narrow and much steeper
You can check the google maps but I don't suppose the difference will be so significant that you would rather endure a stretch of bad road. I took Rampur- Rudrapur route towards the end of last year and road condition was really bad between Rampur and Rudrapur, especially before Rudrapur.

If you are talking about the road between Kaladhungi and Nainital, I went to Haldwani from Kaladhungi and then Nainital and onwards. So it is the same road that you will take even if you came via Rudrapur.

Before Kaladhungi, between Kashipur and Bazpur, roads are not as broad as a NH, but conditions are not bad and you will not find it to be too crowded, except when you hit market places or population. Also, the drive between Bazpur and Kaladhungi is scenic because you will be passing through the jungle.
itinerant is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2016, 17:42   #227
BHPian

Hey Folks..Planning a trip to Bhimtal from Delhi in August. looking at the suggestions above, is it recommended to go there Via Rampur>Bazpur>Nainital or approach it directly via Rampur>Rudarpur>Haldwani track? thanks
ShankarG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2016, 08:54   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShankarG View Post
Hey Folks..Planning a trip to Bhimtal from Delhi in August. looking at the suggestions above, is it recommended to go there Via Rampur>Bazpur>Nainital or approach it directly via Rampur>Rudarpur>Haldwani track? thanks
Take the direct route. If you go via Nainital you will have to unnecessarily pay the entry tax.
rajatsingh78 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2016, 12:50   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Came back from Bhimtal last week. Took the normal route (Moradabad-Rampur-Rudrapur-Haldwani-Bhimtal). The roads till Moradabad are great. From rampur till Rudrapur, you will experience bad to moderate condition of roads. Again after Rudrapur to haldwani to bhimtal, its quite smooth.
TB16 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2016, 14:14   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
Came back from Bhimtal last week.
Thanks for the update. I plan to take my Grand i10. Hope the roads are not that bad. Do we have good eating joints / fuel stations enroute?
ShankarG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2016, 12:33   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the update. I plan to take my Grand i10. Hope the roads are not that bad. Do we have good eating joints / fuel stations enroute?
If going to Bhimtal/Sattaal then take the normal Rampur>Rudrapur route. The Bazpur route is good if going to Nainital direct.

i10 should be able to soak up the bad roads effectively. Lot's of places to stop and eat. Take your big break at Gajroula (Bikanerwala, McD, Dominos, KFC, Moga etc)
ankitahuja is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2016, 10:54   #232
BHPian

I'm driving down from Delhi tomorrow and wondering if the roads are ok considering there's been such incessant rain. Any clues?
sukrit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2016, 12:59   #233
BHPian

Just did delhi rampur suar bazpur kaladunghi nainital. Roads in great condition. Even the stretches near rampur and suar also are almost trouble free now. Highly recommended.
nvldvr is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2016, 11:31   #234
BHPian

Guys, need advise on the route to take for Lucknow -> Binsar & also the food options along the route.

Google maps is showing Lucknow -> Sitapur -> Pilibhit -> Haldwani -> Nainital -> Almora -> Binsar. Also is there a way to bypass the small town traffic in Haldwani, Nainital & Almora.

I plan to do the trip in first week of December, 2016.

Last edited by somitra1981 : 1st November 2016 at 11:35. Reason: Added Text
somitra1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2017, 23:19   #235
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Guys, need road condition update !

Need to go from Delhi to Bhimtaal.
Which of the two to choose ---

Delhi ... Moradabad...bazpur ...khadakpur....haldwani...bhimtaal

OR

Delhi....moradabad...rampur....rudrapur....haldwan i.... Bhimtaal

Planning to leave at 4am...hope it would be safe by this time in UP?!
(Have travelled all night trips on known Punjab and Rajasthan highways...but got to be double sure for UP!!)
ptaneja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2017, 00:27   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Guys, need road condition update !

Need to go from Delhi to Bhimtaal.
Which of the two to choose ---

Delhi ... Moradabad...bazpur ...khadakpur....haldwani...bhimtaal

OR

Delhi....moradabad...rampur....rudrapur....haldwan i.... Bhimtaal

Planning to leave at 4am...hope it would be safe by this time in UP?!
(Have travelled all night trips on known Punjab and Rajasthan highways...but got to be double sure for UP!!)
It should be fairly safe, don't stop on an empty stretch of road, no matter what happens.

If you're going to Bazpur, the better route is via Nainital. Last time we went via Haldwani last year, the road was broken in patches and traffic was more. Bazpur - Kala Dungi - Nainital might be longer on paper but is emptier, has better views and roads are good.

Exact route is Delhi Rampur Suar Bazpur Kala Dungi Nainital
Nonstop-driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2017, 10:33   #237
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
It should be fairly safe, don't stop on an empty stretch of road, no matter what happens.

If you're going to Bazpur, the better route is via Nainital. Last time we went via Haldwani last year, the road was broken in patches and traffic was more. Bazpur - Kala Dungi - Nainital might be longer on paper but is emptier, has better views and roads are good.

Exact route is Delhi Rampur Suar Bazpur Kala Dungi Nainital

From Kala DUngi, probably I'll have to take a right towards Kathgodam, and then to Bhimtal.

Is this stretch so unsafe ? Not to stop at some scenic location because the road is empty ?!!

I thought in daylight its all safe - but seriously I can change my travel plans if this is indeed true - cant take this risk with family on board !
ptaneja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2017, 16:21   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
From Kala DUngi, probably I'll have to take a right towards Kathgodam, and then to Bhimtal.

Is this stretch so unsafe ? Not to stop at some scenic location because the road is empty ?!!

I thought in daylight its all safe - but seriously I can change my travel plans if this is indeed true - cant take this risk with family on board !
It's pretty safe, I meant don't stop in the wee hours especially if something is thrown at the vehicle. Such incidents are reported almost everywhere in India. Throw something milky at windscreen, when they stop to clear the glass, mug them. Nothing specifically unsafe on this stretch.

There are 2 routes from Kala Dungi, I'm talking about the route that goes via Nainital.
Nonstop-driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2017, 17:16   #239
BHPian

Latest report on the route please? How are the roads?

Anyone done Gurgaon/Delhi-->Moradabad-->Rampur-->Rudrapur-->Haldwani-->Bhimtaal recently?
ankitahuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 11:00   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Latest report on the route please? How are the roads?

Anyone done Gurgaon/Delhi-->Moradabad-->Rampur-->Rudrapur-->Haldwani-->Bhimtaal recently?
We took Moradabad - Tanda - Kala Dungi - Nainital last month. While returning I wanted to take the route you mentioned since it involves lesser traveling in hills relatively, but after we reached Kathgodam, Google Maps redirected us to Kala Dungi route and it was too late when I realized.

But Tanda - Kala Dungi route is perfect. Very good roads, scenic and is shorter too.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote