Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2017, 13:22   #241
BHPian
 
ankitahuja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Gurgaon & Delhi
Posts: 886
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: Delhi - Nainital : Route Queries

Thanks @Nonstop-driver

I've been through The Tanda route many times too but it is very long if one wants to go to Bhimtaal. For Nainital, it's a better route to take for sure, and that's why I asked about the Rudrapur route.

The only issue with the route I mentioned is the road condition for that 5+km stretch which changes every season with the rains etc.
ankitahuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 13:47   #242
BHPian
 
Nonstop-driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Noida
Posts: 424
Thanked: 390 Times
Default Re: Delhi - Nainital : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
I've been through The Tanda route many times too but it is very long if one wants to go to Bhimtaal. For Nainital, it's a better route to take for sure, and that's why I asked about the Rudrapur route.
Tanda route is 300km, Rudrapur one is 305.

You can also go to KalaDungi via Tanda - Bazpur and then turn right towards Kathgodam. It's a narrow road with smooth concrete and meets between Haldwani and Kathgodam. That's the route we took while returning from Ramgarh last month.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 13:36   #243
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 44
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Delhi - Nainital : Route Queries

I had been to Bhimtal from Delhi last week. (June 1st week, 2017)

I took the following route: From DEL Airport -> Hapur -> Ghaziabad -> Moradabad Bypass -> Rampur -> Bazpur -> Kaladhungi -> Haldwani -> Bhimtal

Update on the road status: Very good roads after the first tollgate (Ghaziabad) all the way to Bhimtal with the exception of the stretch from a turn from the main highway (Moradabad) to the curving of the road towards Rampur.
WAM-4 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 15:06   #244
BHPian
 
TB16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 143
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Delhi - Nainital : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAM-4 View Post
I had been to Bhimtal from Delhi last week. (June 1st week, 2017)

I took the following route: From DEL Airport -> Hapur -> Ghaziabad -> Moradabad Bypass -> Rampur -> Bazpur -> Kaladhungi -> Haldwani -> Bhimtal

Update on the road status: Very good roads after the first tollgate (Ghaziabad) all the way to Bhimtal with the exception of the stretch from a turn from the main highway (Moradabad) to the curving of the road towards Rampur.
Can you please provide more details of this route. Did you cross tanda also on your way to bazpur? Why i'm asking is because on the map, the route you have mentioned is going through tanda and I've heard the road in that area is in shambles.
TB16 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2017, 11:58   #245
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 44
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Delhi - Nainital : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
Can you please provide more details of this route. Did you cross tanda also on your way to bazpur? Why i'm asking is because on the map, the route you have mentioned is going through tanda and I've heard the road in that area is in shambles.
That stretch from Moradabad main highway U - Turn to until Rampur is really bad. Is that stretch Tanda?

I'm actually not very aware of the routes there. I took a flight from Chennai with my wife to Delhi and then drove (hired Myles car) to Bhimtal completely dependant on Google bhagwaan

Last edited by WAM-4 : 19th June 2017 at 12:15. Reason: Spelling error corrected
WAM-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2017, 17:14   #246
BHPian
 
dieselburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: UK08/HR26
Posts: 48
Thanked: 67 Times
Default Re: Delhi - Nainital : Route Queries

Hi,

Anyone done Gurgaon - Binsar recently?
Planning a trip on this weekend with family. Please guide for the best route to take.
dieselburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2017, 20:06   #247
BHPian
 
dieselburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: UK08/HR26
Posts: 48
Thanked: 67 Times
Default

Currently doing Gurgaon - Jim Corbett - Nainital - Binsar -Haridwar - Gurgaon.

First leg - Gurgaon -Jim Corbett -Nainital.
From delhi border till hapur bypass road co dition is really pathetic due to ongoing construction on delhi - merrut expressway. After hapur bypass its a breeze. Good tarred black highway. I took ramnagar - kaladhungi-nainital rote and the roads are really very good. From rambagar till nainital its a superb scenic drive.

Will post more updates on the routes soon.
dieselburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2017, 10:14   #248
BHPian
 
Wanderers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Delhi-NCR
Posts: 472
Thanked: 595 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Delhi - Nainital : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselburner View Post
Currently doing Gurgaon - Jim Corbett - Nainital - Binsar -Haridwar - Gurgaon.

First leg - Gurgaon -Jim Corbett -Nainital.

Will post more updates on the routes soon.
Hi,

One can take Delhi-Noida- Crossing Republik (Ghaziabad) to reach Meerut Bypass. The new flyover from NH-24 directly connects to Meerut Road.

Will be waiting for route updates as I plan to go to Jim Corbett.
Wanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2017, 13:37   #249
BHPian
 
TB16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 143
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Delhi - Nainital : Route Queries

Any updates on this route? Planning to leave for Nainital/Bhimtal this weekend.
TB16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2017, 09:50   #250
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: RJ-19 / UK-07
Posts: 236
Thanked: 246 Times
Default Re: Delhi - Nainital : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselburner View Post
Currently doing Gurgaon - Jim Corbett - Nainital - Binsar -Haridwar - Gurgaon.

First leg - Gurgaon -Jim Corbett -Nainital.
From delhi border till hapur bypass road co dition is really pathetic due to ongoing construction on delhi - merrut expressway. After hapur bypass its a breeze. Good tarred black highway. I took ramnagar - kaladhungi-nainital rote and the roads are really very good. From rambagar till nainital its a superb scenic drive.

Will post more updates on the routes soon.
Hi dieselburner,
I hope the trip turned out to be good. How is the road? Any damages due to rains?
How are the roads up in the mountains?
Could you post a Google Maps link for the road(s) you took, and an update on their condition?
Cheers !

Last edited by Ironhide : 31st July 2017 at 09:52.
Ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2017, 10:19   #251
BHPian
 
dieselburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: UK08/HR26
Posts: 48
Thanked: 67 Times
Default Re: Delhi - Nainital : Route Queries

Hi,
Yes the trip was very good.
Road condition was quite good in the mountains, no damage were seen while I was there as at that time monsoon has still not arrived but by seeing the healthy state of roads it doesn't seems like there will be much damages done by rain.
From Binsar to haridwar we followed -
Binsar-almora-bhowali-bhimtal-kathgodam-haldwani-kaladhungi-bazpur-sultanpur-kashipur-jaspur-sherkot-dhampur-najibabad-haridwar.
From binsar till kashipur roads are very good.

The last stretch from kashipur to haridwar is really really bad,
I took kashipur-jaspur-sherkot-dhampur-najibabad-haridwar and the road condition is pathetic, single lane road with lots of 2 wheelers,
carts and no driving sense.
From najibabad the GPS took us from the ganges canal road , the road was good but it was lonely and hardly a couple of vehicles plying on the road, its better to avoid it at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
Hi dieselburner,
I hope the trip turned out to be good. How is the road? Any damages due to rains?
How are the roads up in the mountains?
Could you post a Google Maps link for the road(s) you took, and an update on their condition?
Cheers !
dieselburner is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2017, 10:40   #252
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: RJ-19 / UK-07
Posts: 236
Thanked: 246 Times
Default Re: Delhi - Nainital : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselburner View Post
Hi,
Yes the trip was very good.
Road condition was quite good in the mountains, no damage were seen while I was there as at that time monsoon has still not arrived but by seeing the healthy state of roads it doesn't seems like there will be much damages done by rain.
From Binsar to haridwar we followed -
Binsar-almora-bhowali-bhimtal-kathgodam-haldwani-kaladhungi-bazpur-sultanpur-kashipur-jaspur-sherkot-dhampur-najibabad-haridwar.
From binsar till kashipur roads are very good.

The last stretch from kashipur to haridwar is really really bad,
I took kashipur-jaspur-sherkot-dhampur-najibabad-haridwar and the road condition is pathetic, single lane road with lots of 2 wheelers,
carts and no driving sense.
From najibabad the GPS took us from the ganges canal road , the road was good but it was lonely and hardly a couple of vehicles plying on the road, its better to avoid it at night.
Thanks dieselburner, that was prompt !

It's a relief to see that the roads are good. Am planning to do the Delhi - Nainital- further circuit starting 15 Aug. Our last sojourn, more than a year ago had the car scraping in the Rampur stretch as also in the bad roads in Suar- Bazpur section. I hope that this stretch is better as of now.

Thanks again for the info .

(PS : Google maps is showing this as the as the preferred route. Has anyone used this route to Nainital of late ? Are there any no-go areas with bad sections or broken/ no roads. The other alternative I can think of is via Rampur - Haldwani.)

Delhi - Nainital : Route Queries-delhi-nainital.png

Cheers !

Last edited by Ironhide : 31st July 2017 at 10:47.
Ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2017, 10:49   #253
Senior - BHPian
 
sourabhzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GURGAON
Posts: 1,536
Thanked: 1,269 Times
Default Re: Delhi - Nainital : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
Our last sojourn, more than a year ago had the car scraping in the Rampur stretch as also in the bad roads in Suar- Bazpur section. I hope that this stretch is better as of now.
I suggest you take Kashipur / Kaladhungi / Chhoti Haldwani route from Moradabad and you shall save some time there. The roads are good and you will be able to avoid the chaos at Rampur and Haldwani.

Edit: Saw your map later. Yes, this is the route I wrote about.

Last edited by sourabhzen : 31st July 2017 at 10:50.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2017, 12:27   #254
BHPian
 
dieselburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: UK08/HR26
Posts: 48
Thanked: 67 Times
Default

True, this route is much better. Also the roads from kaladhungi till nainital are very scenic.
Also by going from this route the main parking ground in nainital comes first which is just before the lake/mall road, so it saves a lot of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
I suggest you take Kashipur / Kaladhungi / Chhoti Haldwani route from Moradabad and you shall save some time there. The roads are good and you will be able to avoid the chaos at Rampur and Haldwani.

Edit: Saw your map later. Yes, this is the route I wrote about.
dieselburner is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2017, 15:50   #255
BHPian
 
purohitanuj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 122
Thanked: 234 Times
Default Re: Delhi - Nainital : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
Thanks dieselburner, that was prompt !

It's a relief to see that the roads are good. Am planning to do the Delhi - Nainital- further circuit starting 15 Aug. Our last sojourn, more than a year ago had the car scraping in the Rampur stretch as also in the bad roads in Suar- Bazpur section. I hope that this stretch is better as of now.

Thanks again for the info .

(PS : Google maps is showing this as the as the preferred route. Has anyone used this route to Nainital of late ? Are there any no-go areas with bad sections or broken/ no roads. The other alternative I can think of is via Rampur - Haldwani.)

Attachment 1662477

Cheers !
Did this same route some time back. It was a hell ride. There was no road for 10-20 KMs. Not sure the current situation; but anyway I have blacklisted this route now.
Ps. I was driving Scorpio.
purohitanuj is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Agra To Nainital : Route Queries kaushikc5 Route / Travel Queries 24 11th July 2016 11:55
Noida to Nainital , Nainital to Dehradun best route rajneeesh Route / Travel Queries 31 30th June 2008 16:10
Route Suggestions:Gurgaon-Rampur-Nainital route? greatDrive Route / Travel Queries 5 20th January 2008 18:47


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:08.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks