Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 20th July 2012, 13:34   #1

Default Ranchi-Kanpur-Manali trip

Hi, I am planning to drive from Ranchi to Manali via Kanpur. I want to know that is there a way to skip Delhi and go to Manali directly from Kanpur. Also I need the road conditions, if there is other route from Kanpur-Manali. Please provide your valuable suggestions. Also, is it possible to drive a year old ford figo-diesel to Manali? And as I have some spare days please suggest any safely driveable destination around Manali. I'll start from Ranchi on July 25. Will keep updating.
rhn89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2012, 18:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ranchi-Kanpur-Manali trip

I think it is best to go via Delhi, since alternative routes are not great and much longer. The NH2 is fantastic, but for traffic congestion between Agra & Delhi.

Roads are good all through, for any car.

It being the Ladakh season, maybe you can drive to Lahaul Valley (Keylong), just for the drive.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2013, 14:37   #3

Thanks hv! It was a great trip though I didn't drive till keylong as the road till Rohtang tested my vechile's efficiency!

Sorry for the late update.
Old 18th May 2013, 15:22   #4

Default Re: Ranchi-Kanpur-Manali trip

Please find the attached excel sheet for my details of my Trip. It was indeed an awesome trip and my motivation came from TeamBHPians.

Keep Rocking.

Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx ManaliTrip.xlsx (82.2 KB, 213 views)