Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 12th July 2017, 21:22   #136

Default Ghaziabad - Dehradun route for July 19

Greetings to all fellow motorists.

I've been long a silent reader of Team-BHP but had nothing interesting in my life to share. Its about time.

I plan to travel to Dehradun starting from Ghaziabad on July 19 (4am - 10 am). The date cannot be changed, unfortunately, got some business to attend to. I read in the news the Kanwar roadblocks and honestly, I'm scared. I've got a short travel window and I am not sure which route to take. Usually, I start from Ghaziabad and go to Mohan Nagar via NH-24 and proceed to Meerut (image attached). My question is, if this route will be closed, should I go to Hapur and then to Meerut, then proceed 'normally' after merging with the usual route or will there be any other restrictions? If anyone has some information on this, it will be appreciated.

I have a few concerns:

1. Will I spend less time on the road if I travel by:
a. Car
b. Motorcycle (speed limit of 70-80 applies I guess, not a superbike)

2. What time should I start from home as to avoid any jam/conflict on the road due to traffic being re-routed?

3. Is there any possibility of being stuck and the journey taking more than 8 hours even if I start at 3-4 AM?

Thank you for your expertise in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi - Mussorie : Route Queries-untitled.png  

typlo is online now   Reply With Quote