Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 28th January 2014, 22:53   #16
Default Re: Guwahati to Sri Ganganagar

Originally Posted by pramodsdixit View Post
Any updates on the Begusarai - Patna stretch?

Is Siliguri-Patna (via Begusarai) possible in a day if i leave Siliguri at about 6AM?

@Sheel, is the road between Khagaria-Begusarai quite bad or is it drivable for Verna Fluidic?
I did this stretch in June, 2010 in my Alto and it was not bad except for the bridge near Barauni, while crossing the Ganga. I had started from Varanasi at 0500hrs, via Patna - Begusarai and reached Siliguri at 1930 hrs.

Last Apr, I traveled on the east-west corridor on my Manza and the roads were excellent. Nevertheless, there were two bridges under construction. Because of the rains, one truck had got stuck in the mud on the bridge near Pratapganj and I was stuck in the traffic jam for more than an hour and thereafter took a detour of about 50 kms extra. I think it was through Pratapganj.

Still I think, I reached Muzaffarpur at around 1300 hrs. I had started from Baghdogra at 0530hrs. The road from Muzaffarpur to Patna did look promising (4 lanes). Some of the TeamBHPian could throw some light about the latest condition though.

Therefore, my conclusion would be if you travelled on this, the roads will be good and you'll save on time as well.
Junaid42465 is offline   Reply With Quote