Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2011, 11:24   #181
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: coorg/bangalore
Posts: 24
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Information on Coorg route

@gypsyFreak,
Madikeri to Sampaje stretch is good except for the last 5-8 kms. But from there its horrible.
The road inside sulya town is really bad. Actually the entire stretch till Mani is really bad.
Ash_bn is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2011, 07:10   #182
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,053
Thanked: 5,303 Times
Default Re: Information on Coorg route

the hunsur-gonikoppal-virajpet road is horrendous as of last weekend
the periyapatna-sidapur-ammathi-virajpet stretch is slightly better but not much
the best route to go to virajpet is via madikeri as of right now, though it is 75 kms longer
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2011, 11:10   #183
BHPian
 
gypsyFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mysore-Benglur
Posts: 317
Thanked: 187 Times
Default Re: Information on Coorg route

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_bn View Post
@gypsyFreak,
Madikeri to Sampaje stretch is good except for the last 5-8 kms. But from there its horrible.
The road inside sulya town is really bad. Actually the entire stretch till Mani is really bad.
Thanks Ashok,

I will take the Mysore - Hassan - Shiradi - Mangalore route.
I guess leaving 15 Kms in Shiradi, the rest of the route should be fine.
gypsyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2011, 14:25   #184
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 683
Thanked: 235 Times
Default Re: Information on Coorg route

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
the hunsur-gonikoppal-virajpet road is horrendous as of last weekend
the periyapatna-sidapur-ammathi-virajpet stretch is slightly better but not much
the best route to go to virajpet is via madikeri as of right now, though it is 75 kms longer
You could have tried Kushalanagar - Sidapur - Ammathi - Virajpet and this is approx 30km more than the regular route.

Hunsur - Gonikoppal is not that bad if you are driving in day time when there is no rain. The road is worse till you reach Coorg border afterwards its all fine. Still this is easily drivable in any car

Thanks
Rajesh

Last edited by RajeshK : 8th November 2011 at 14:28.
RajeshK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2011, 14:47   #185
BHPian
 
luvurride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 510
Thanked: 271 Times
Default Re: Information on Coorg route

Friends,

It's time to hit the roads again! Coorg again!

I was just wondering if you could suggest me some decent eateries in Madikeri town. I'll be staying in Club Mahindra and don't like to eat there for 2 days!

Also, would Tala Cauvery be possible as a half-a-day trip as I just read somewhere that roads are quite okay. Any eateries on this way?

Thanks!
luvurride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2011, 21:40   #186
BHPian
 
himavanth_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyderabad/Pune/Chennai
Posts: 583
Thanked: 266 Times
Default Re: Information on Coorg route

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
Friends,

Also, would Tala Cauvery be possible as a half-a-day trip as I just read somewhere that roads are quite okay. Any eateries on this way?

Thanks!
As far as I remember, there are no good eateries on the way after Kakkabe. Try to have early breakfast at Club Mahindra resort. You can easily reach back by Lunch time to the resort. The roads however are Ok with lot of pot holes but any car can make it without hitting the underbelly.
himavanth_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2011, 22:34   #187
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,561
Thanked: 1,170 Times
Default Re: Information on Coorg route

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
Friends,

It's time to hit the roads again! Coorg again!

I was just wondering if you could suggest me some decent eateries in Madikeri town. I'll be staying in Club Mahindra and don't like to eat there for 2 days!

Also, would Tala Cauvery be possible as a half-a-day trip as I just read somewhere that roads are quite okay. Any eateries on this way?

Thanks!
First thing - Breakfast at club Mahindra is realy good. given a chance i would like to eat there only.

there arent any posh eateries around, but i could suggest 2 places.

There is a Veg eatery near hotel chitra (Sorry could not recollect name). It is a self service restaurant .

there is one hotel in Bhagamandala, behind the main gate of the temple, which serves good food. i tried set dose-chutney-sagu and was good. average was very very average, but taste was good.
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2011, 00:59   #188
BHPian
 
luvurride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 510
Thanked: 271 Times
Default Re: Information on Coorg route

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
As far as I remember, there are no good eateries on the way after Kakkabe. Try to have early breakfast at Club Mahindra resort. You can easily reach back by Lunch time to the resort. The roads however are Ok with lot of pot holes but any car can make it without hitting the underbelly.
Thanks for that info. Will plan accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
First thing - Breakfast at club Mahindra is realy good. given a chance i would like to eat there only.
Oh yeah I've been with CM for 7 years now, and their food is definitely 5 star. It is just that you get bored eating so lavish all the time. Even the last time I was in Coorg CM(Jan '11) we ate in only the resort for 2 whole days! But this time I would certainly like some variety and try some local flavor. Any decent family restaurant types in Madikeri?
luvurride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2011, 06:58   #189
BHPian
 
Jammy70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 147
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Hi,

If you are fond of non-veg and would like to try local Coorg food, there is a place called 'Coorg Cuisine' opposite the North Coorg Club, just before the post office at Madikeri. The food is very good and at down to earth prices. In fact, its not a fancy place at all; just a few plastic tables and chairs and has only one person to serve you. It is sufficiently clean -if you are okay with dhabas, you will find this place very comfortable! Food of course is much better than the ambience promises. Discovered the place on our trip last month.
Jammy70 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2011, 21:24   #190
BHPian
 
luvurride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 510
Thanked: 271 Times
Default Re: Information on Coorg route

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy70 View Post
Hi,

If you are fond of non-veg and would like to try local Coorg food, there is a place called 'Coorg Cuisine' opposite the North Coorg Club, just before the post office at Madikeri. The food is very good and at down to earth prices. In fact, its not a fancy place at all; just a few plastic tables and chairs and has only one person to serve you. It is sufficiently clean -if you are okay with dhabas, you will find this place very comfortable! Food of course is much better than the ambience promises. Discovered the place on our trip last month.
@Jammy Thanks for the reference. I'll check it out this time.
luvurride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 11:01   #191
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 56
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Information on Coorg route

Has anyone traveled recently to Madikere? I would like to know how the roads are now from Mysore after the rains? I am planning to drive down next week along with family and and two small kids. Thanks..
aravindr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 11:57   #192
Senior - BHPian
 
Fauji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,468
Thanked: 953 Times
Default Re: Information on Coorg route

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindr View Post
Has anyone traveled recently to Madikere? I would like to know how the roads are now from Mysore after the rains? I am planning to drive down next week along with family and and two small kids. Thanks..
The road condition is quite good. The stretch between Sri rangapatna till Ilvala has pot holes but is not a big deal.
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2011, 19:36   #193
BHPian
 
luvurride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 510
Thanked: 271 Times
Default Re: Information on Coorg route

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindr View Post
Has anyone traveled recently to Madikere? I would like to know how the roads are now from Mysore after the rains? I am planning to drive down next week along with family and and two small kids. Thanks..
Assuming you would take the Yelawala by-pass, here are the road conditions:

Srirangapatna-Yelawala by-pass: Pot-holed till the KRSagar dam turn-off and decent. afterwards until you hit Yelawala to join Hunsur road.
Yelawala-Hunsur: 70% 4-laned and 30% v good 2-lane.
Hunsur-Kushalnagar-Madikere: v good 2-lane even in the ghat stretch.

Roads are bad just before you enter Madikere- that is about 2km. Hope this helps.
luvurride is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 16:45   #194
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Information on Coorg route

Thanks to numerous travelogues on Coorg in T-BHP, I’ve finally decided to visit Coorg. I will be travelling from Bangalore on Jan 26. I want to know if the road from Srirangapattana to Kushalnagar is motorable and if there are any bad patches. If the roads are too bad, I might have to take the bus. Any update/information would be of great help. Moreover, this will be my first long drive and I don’t want to be driving on craters

Mod team note: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy paste from external editors. Also use Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th January 2012 at 16:59. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy paste from external editors. Also use Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks
Kiran_NM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 17:11   #195
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,349
Thanked: 8,165 Times
Default Re: Information on Coorg route

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiran_NM View Post
Thanks to numerous travelogues on Coorg in T-BHP, I’ve finally decided to visit Coorg. I will be travelling from Bangalore on Jan 26. I want to know if the road from Srirangapattana to Kushalnagar is motorable and if there are any bad patches. If the roads are too bad, I might have to take the bus. Any update/information would be of great help. Moreover, this will be my first long drive and I don’t want to be driving on craters
If you know Mysore city, all you need to do is go towards Railway station and the signal next to Metropole would lead you to Hunsur road.
But if you dont know, then better to stick to the route via Srirangapatna, You can do 50-60 on this road easily.

At the same time do note that the Mysore ORR is under construction.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bangalore-Ooty-Munnar route and other information snaronikar Route / Travel Queries 65 1st April 2017 14:17
Pune to Coorg (My Eden); Coorg to Pune in a Gypsy - Travelogue Twinn Travelogues 18 28th June 2016 21:01
Delhi to BITS Pilani Route Information Needed TSEA Route / Travel Queries 17 6th November 2015 11:40
Swine Flu Information - Important Information in post#102 on Page 7 loving_alaap Shifting gears 206 25th August 2009 14:02
Route information required: Bangalore - Chennai airport - Kalahasti ma_nu_t Route / Travel Queries 10 12th March 2008 15:10


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:20.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks