Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2015, 10:28   #16
BHPian
 
ankan.m.blr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 598
Thanked: 491 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Thekkady

Some friends are planning a trip to Thekkady from Bangalore next month. What'll be the best route to reach Thekkady in terms of road conditions (prefer a longer route if road is good)? The plan is to stay at Periyar forest for 2 nights. Is there any other nearby places that can be visited within 2 nights stay? Also, can we add 2 more days to the trip and include Munnar?
ankan.m.blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2015, 10:44   #17
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,611
Thanked: 8,607 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Thekkady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Some friends are planning a trip to Thekkady from Bangalore next month. What'll be the best route to reach Thekkady in terms of road conditions (prefer a longer route if road is good)? The plan is to stay at Periyar forest for 2 nights. Is there any other nearby places that can be visited within 2 nights stay?
The standard Dindigul/Theni/Kumily route is the ideal for Thekkady.

Quote:
Also, can we add 2 more days to the trip and include Munnar?
Definitely possible. In fact I would suggest you to do that. You can make it to Munnar quite easily and add 2-3 days to the plan. And then return back via Udumalpet.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2015, 10:52   #18
BHPian
 
ankan.m.blr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 598
Thanked: 491 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Thekkady

Thanks a lot amp. Will you be kind enough to give g-maps direction from Blr to Thekkady , thekkady to Munnar and Munnar to Blr please ?
ankan.m.blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2015, 12:42   #19
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,611
Thanked: 8,607 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Thekkady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Thanks a lot amp. Will you be kind enough to give g-maps direction from Blr to Thekkady , thekkady to Munnar and Munnar to Blr please ?
Here is the route:

Here is the route:
Route Link

EDIT :

Thekaddy to Munnar : Periyar-Kattapana-Nedumkandam-Poppara-Munnar (Route Link)
(Good to confirm with others on this section)


Munnar-Bangalore : Munnar-Udumalpet-Palladam-Mangalam-Avinashi-Salem-Bangalore (Route Link)

Last edited by ampere : 18th April 2015 at 12:59.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bangalore to Thekkady - Many alternate roads, still good timing suresh_gs Travelogues 12 6th August 2015 11:11
Bangalore Munnar /Thekkady /Kochi in Swift D.. dreamdiesel Travelogues 98 30th September 2012 19:44
Bangalore- Madurai- Thekkady- Rameswaram- Tirunelveli- Madurai- Bangalore: Dec 2010 DrVjy Street Experiences 9 20th February 2011 20:14
Bangalore - Cochin - Thekkady - Alleppy - Cochin - Bangalore SBR Travelogues 18 19th August 2009 20:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:58.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks