Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 6th October 2014, 00:49   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Mumbai -Vadodara -Diu -Gir -Junagarh -Somnath -Porbandar -Dwarka -Jamnagar -Li'l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastrack21 View Post
Hi everyone,

I am planning a trip mumbai - vadodra - ahmedabad - rajkot next week. Will be really grateful if someone can update me on the present road condition. How much time should I expect travel to take for mumbai - vadodra stretch with short breaks. Are the construction work still going on the route. How's the stretch between Ankleshwar and bharuch, heard there's lot of jam over the narmada river.

I wish to complete the stretch till rajkot in one day. My initial extimates are mumbai to Baroda (450 kms in 8 hrs) and vadodra to rajkot (300 kms in 5hrs). So if I start by 3am in the morning from mumbai I expect to reach Rajkot by late evening.

I will be travelling with my wife. This will be my first such long drive so suggestions regarding how to best take care of the car (4 months old Grandi10 asta), things to keep in mind before the journey and sightseeing places we may cover or take breaks at are most welcome

Thanks
Fastrack 21
Hi
More than a month back read that the Bharuch bottleneck problem has been solved. So dont expect any problem on that sector.
I am sorry I cannot help with your other queries as I have a very leisurely way of driving, not slow as such, but driving between 11 AM and around 6.30 PM.
3 years back I did Baroda Bombay in around 7 and a half hours, not pushing too much and stopping for a quick lunch, tea, biobreaks.
Regrds
faustus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2014, 11:32   #17

Default Re: Mumbai -Vadodara -Diu -Gir -Junagarh -Somnath -Porbandar -Dwarka -Jamnagar -Li'l

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Fastrack 21
Hi
More than a month back read that the Bharuch bottleneck problem has been solved. So dont expect any problem on that sector.
I am sorry I cannot help with your other queries as I have a very leisurely way of driving, not slow as such, but driving between 11 AM and around 6.30 PM.
3 years back I did Baroda Bombay in around 7 and a half hours, not pushing too much and stopping for a quick lunch, tea, biobreaks.
Regrds
Thanks faustus77,

In some other thread, someone advised to put a yellow tape on the right headlight before entering Gujarat. COuld you suggest if its mandatory and what repurcusions may follow if not done likewise. Thanks
Fastrack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2014, 23:46   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks faustus77,

In some other thread, someone advised to put a yellow tape on the right headlight before entering Gujarat. COuld you suggest if its mandatory and what repurcusions may follow if not done likewise. Thanks
Fastrack
Hi
Yes it is mandatory.
If they catch you a fine has to be paid.You will unnecessarily waste your time
Better that you put a yellow sticker. 3 years back I paid rs 10 for it.
Regards
faustus77 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2014, 13:21   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone,

I am planning a trip mumbai - vadodra - ahmedabad - rajkot next week. Will be really grateful if someone can update me on the present road condition. How much time should I expect travel to take for mumbai - vadodra stretch with short breaks. Are the construction work still going on the route. How's the stretch between Ankleshwar and bharuch, heard there's lot of jam over the narmada river.

Thanks
You've chosen wrong thread buddy.
Move over to following threads which are very much active all time.
1. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...adodara-7.html (Route Check. Pune Vadodara)
2. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...medabad-3.html

Regarding Narmada check following post:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3534863 (Route Check. Pune Vadodara)

Yellow strip on headlight:
Do apply. As being MH(out state) passing car, will become natural target for Traffic Police. There are no rules on materials to be used! So, you can use Yellow Electric tap safely.

Bypassing Ahmedabad:
1. Take SP Ring road exit from Expressway. It's a butterfly junction so read boards carefully. You need to take Rajkot/Sarkhej exit. This will be first exit to be offered after Nadiad.
2. Point at which NH8A starts from SP Ring road is known as Sanathal. From Sanathal to Rajkot should be an easy affair. Road condition is average to good. Abd - Rajkot was broken badly in monsoon, but resurfacing has been done & potholes in rest of the part has been filled. Maintaining 80KMPH should not be tough task.
zalaps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2016, 11:02   #20

Default Re: Mumbai -Vadodara -Diu -Gir -Junagarh -Somnath -Porbandar -Dwarka -Jamnagar -Li'l Rann

Mumbai - Somnath - Dwarka - Mumbai

My friend and I have been considering the idea of visiting the temples at Somnath and Dwarka for a while now.

We are looking for some help prepare.

Context:
2 males so pretty flexible with route, stay, etc.
Want to avoid night driving
Dont mind taking longer route to avoid traffic, delays, etc
It will be on a Duster 110 AWD
No inclination to visit Gir at this point
Due to lack of leaves at work, time available is 4 days (or stretched to 5 days)

Have a few questions to start with:
Q1. Is this route doable in the month of July (second half) considering Monsoon situation in Gujarat?
Q2. Route for Mumbai - Somnath, which for the following three is best (or is there a better option)?
A. Google map suggests Mumbai - Vadodra - Kheda (NH8) - Limdi - Rajkot - Junagadh - Somnath.
B. I have also read some people suggest a tighter route via Dhanduka - Botad - Amreli.
C. Via Bhavnagar.
Q3. Can Mumbai-Somnath be done in one day?
Q4. Route for Somnath - Dwarka, which is the best in terms of time and ease of driving?
A. NH8E - coastal road
B. NH947 - inland

Appreciate any guidance. Thanks!
subuiyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 21:58   #21
BHPian

Default Re: Mumbai -Vadodara -Diu -Gir -Junagarh -Somnath -Porbandar -Dwarka -Jamnagar -Li'l Rann

Quote:
Originally Posted by subuiyer View Post
Mumbai - Somnath - Dwarka - Mumbai

Have a few questions to start with:
Q1. Is this route doable in the month of July (second half) considering Monsoon situation in Gujarat?
Q2. Route for Mumbai - Somnath, which for the following three is best (or is there a better option)?
A. Google map suggests Mumbai - Vadodra - Kheda (NH8) - Limdi - Rajkot - Junagadh - Somnath.
B. I have also read some people suggest a tighter route via Dhanduka - Botad - Amreli.
C. Via Bhavnagar.
Q3. Can Mumbai-Somnath be done in one day?
Q4. Route for Somnath - Dwarka, which is the best in terms of time and ease of driving?
A. NH8E - coastal road
This is doable in monsoons, roads in Gujarat are fantastic.
I would advise you to stick to Mum - Baroda - Rajkot , and then go to Dwarka or junagadh/somnath depending on your wish.

Skip your stays at Dwarka/Somnath since there is always heavy rush.
Try Porbander / Junagadh /Jamnagar instead.

Bhavnagar not recommended unless you plan to visit it specifically.
Also Somnath-Dwarka, must do the coastal road its very scenic.

Below is my road trip which can give some information.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ples-more.html (Saurashtra Road Trip: Sasan Gir, Beaches, Temples and more)
silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 12:59   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Skip your stays at Dwarka/Somnath since there is always heavy rush.
Try Porbander / Junagadh /Jamnagar instead.
Thanks for the tips! Will certainly consider booking stay outside Somnath (Veraval or Junagadh, which has my friend's family home) though stay at Dwarka seems inevitable.

Reading your travelogue, Gir is tempting. But we are short on time and it may be closed this time of the year?

One more question:
Do we have to go up to the SP ring road to catch the Rajkot highway? Can we not swing by Nadiad-Kheda route?
subuiyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 16:14   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subuiyer View Post
though stay at Dwarka seems inevitable.

Reading your travelogue, Gir is tempting. But we are short on time and it may be closed this time of the year?

One more question:
Do we have to go up to the SP ring road to catch the Rajkot highway? Can we not swing by Nadiad-Kheda route?
You can stay at Jamnagar or Rajkot if that's possible or stay back at Porbander and visit Dwaka early and leave.

Call Gir office to check, its usually closed in moonsoons.

SP ring road comes up once Baroda-Ahmedabad highway ends if I remember correctly. It is an easy and fast route to Rajkot being a major highway. Not sure about Nadiad-Kheda.
silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2016, 14:26   #24
tez
BHPian

hi all, planning to visit some relatives in Bharuch from Mumbai. Need to know
1.)the road conditions between Mumbai - Bharuch
2.)best time to start the travel to beat the rush at various places
3.) availability of petrol pumps and eateries
tez is offline   Reply With Quote