Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 24th November 2013, 07:52   #16
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Ranchi to Bhubaneswar : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4640 View Post
No. I was suggesting this route, in case someone wishes to drive up to Bahragora. So far information I have, this road is good in Orissa. But there are problems of unmarked speed-breakers in this route.
Thank You for the inputs Rahul da.

Last I heard, NH6 is not in a good shape and members from the HVK forum also suggested the same saying that NH6 is in a car breaking condition now. Ditto NH33 from Ranchi-Baharagora. Plus this route will mean driving over 650 kms and going with these conditions it will be impossible to drive it in a day.

In February I rode my Classic 500 from Ranchi-Jamshedpur-Baharagora-Baripada-Balasore-Bhubaneswar in 11 hours. The same when I did in a Tavera in the month of August, it took me 13 hours. This was because the whole NH33 is so pothole ridden that it is better to ride a motorcycle and negotiate potoles (read craters) rather than driving a car and getting stuck. Moreover now in the last month, the condition has only got worse. I seriously want to avoid NH-33 unless all other options are equally pathetic as far as road conditions are concerned.
//M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2014, 15:45   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Ranchi to Raurkela. Best Route?

So any updates on the route? I need to travel to Rourkela from Ranchi sometime this month or early next month. Was looking for the route where the first priority would be safety. Kindly suggest the best route in terms of safety and then road surface.

Google maps suggests this: (Haven't checked MMI)
Name:  untitled.JPG
Views: 1360
Size:  60.9 KB

Thanks,
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 12th June 2014 at 15:51. Reason: adding map
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2014, 15:15   #18
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

UPDATE:

The best route to reach Bhubaneswar or Puri from Ranchi/Jamshedpur is the Ranchi-Jamshedpur-Hata-Rairangpur-Bagriposi-Baripada-Balasore-Cuttack-Bhubaneswar route.

The Hata-Rairangpur-Bangriposi stretch is a charm with some nice swooping corners too, making driving so much more pleasurable. However, the Ranchi-Jamshedpur stretch is not in a really good shape. No potholes though, but the surface is not really smooth.

The Baripada-Bhubaneswar is again lovely. Just before the exit to Balasore, one enters the Golden Quadrilateral and from here to Cuttack runs a road which is smooth, fast and exciting.
//M is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2016, 20:49   #19
BHPian

Any updates or the best route between Bhubaneswar to Ranchi please. How is NH 215 and NH 75. Is it better via Chakradharpur or via Jamshedpur?
Judemayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2016, 20:54   #20
BHPian

Any updates or the best route between Bhubaneswar to Ranchi please. How is NH 215 and NH 75. Is it better via Chakradharpur or via Jamshedpur?
Judemayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2016, 12:58   #21
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Ranchi to Bhubaneswar : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judemayne View Post
Take the Bhubaneswar - Baripada - Bangriposi - Rairangpur - Hata - Jamshedpur - Ranchi route.

This route is in much better shape and sees much less traffic than the one via Baharagora or the one via Chakradharpur.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2016, 13:10   #22
BHPian

Default Re: Ranchi to Bhubaneswar : Route Queries

I think below is also a good option. My Oriya neighbor confirmed that roads are good:
Ranchi-Bundu-Khunti-Kandra- Sariakela-Chaibasa-Koenjhar-Bamnipal-Cuttack-Bhubneshwar
yogesh.janghel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote