Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 3rd February 2014, 20:52   #1
nmo
BHPian

Default Mumbai -> Bareilly (U.P.) -> Kota (Rajasthan)?

I need help in finalising route from Mumbai to Bareilly (U.P) and then from Bareilly to Kota.

From various posts it is clear that I should take the regular route from Mumbai to Jaipur i.e. Mumbai -> Vapi -> Bharuch -> Surat -> Ankleshwar -> Vadodara -> Ahmedabad, Himmatnagar -> Ratanpur Border -> Udaipur By pass > Chittaur Bypass -> Bhilwara -> Jaipur

Google baba shows the following route:
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai -> Bareilly (U.P.) -> Kota (Rajasthan)?-jaipur-rajasthan-bareilly-uttar-pradesh-google-maps_page_1.jpg  

nmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2014, 21:06   #2
nmo
BHPian

Default re: Mumbai -> Bareilly (U.P.) -> Kota (Rajasthan)?

Here is what google recommends for Bareiily to Kota:
Attached Images

nmo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2014, 21:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmo View Post
I need help in finalizing route from Mumbai to Bareilly (U.P) and then from Bareilly to Kota.
Dear Mate, I would suggest you to take Barielly to Noida route (255km) and then take the Yamuna Expressway. That is a much better route as Badaun and other cities in that route have very bad roads so don't take chances. The NH 24 has very nice roads from Barielly to Noida. You can easily drive at 120km/h and reach Noida in 4 hours 30 minutes if you leave from Barielly at 7:30am in the morning because the Barielly city traffic is very bad as compared to any other city's traffic. Secondly, Don't try to drive at high speeds in Bareilly city because the roads are not that wide. In Barielly city just maintain your calm and drive at a speed of 50km/h. Lastly, If you need any assistance on Barielly route please feel free to PM me.

OT: If you are also looking for a place to stay then there is a very good hotel near the Bareilly station by the name of Swarn Towers.

Next alternative can be Barielly to Noida and then Noida to Jaipur via Gurgaon i.e NH8. The total distance of the whole trip will be 255+272= 527 kms. If you take the NH8 route from Noida to reach Jaipur then total travelling time will be 5 hours if you drive at 100 km/h on a average because the traffic on NH8 from Gurgaon to Jaipur will consist of heavy vehicles.

Thanks

AD

Last edited by ad3952n : 3rd February 2014 at 21:47. Reason: Details added.
ad3952n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2014, 21:57   #4
nmo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Dear Mate, I would suggest you to take Barielly to Noida route (255km) and then take the Yamuna Expressway.
Thanks
AD
Thanks for your quick response. So, your recommendation is that I should take Jaipur -> Bharatpur -> Agra -> YEH -> Noida -> Hapur -> Gajraula -> Moradabad -> Bareilly.

What route should I follow for Kota? Should I retrace the same route till Agra and then follow the route as shown on Google Map?
nmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2014, 22:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your quick response. So, your recommendation is that I should take Jaipur -> Bharatpur -> Agra -> YEH -> Noida -> Hapur -> Gajraula -> Moradabad -> Bareilly.
Exactly my point. You need not enter into Hapur City or Moradabad City as they have By-pass roads. Once you reach NH24 then just keep going straight. Remember 1 very important thing; Just before Bareilly there is a small city by the name of Fatehganj which has a railway crossing with very nasty speed breakers. My Honda City suffered alot there due to poor ground clearance so make sure you cross them with a speed of not more then 10km/h.

Thanks

AD

Last edited by ad3952n : 3rd February 2014 at 22:09. Reason: info added.
ad3952n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2014, 22:33   #6
BHPian

I think our fellow Bhpian AD has given you the correct advise. However, my suggestion is do not drive at 120 kms/ hr. It is not advisable and once you see the roads you will get a fair idea as to why I suggested so.

Noida to Jaipur will take five hours if you leave Jaipur by 6:30am. This will help you cross the congested area during early hours when there is minimal traffic.

Quote:
You can easily drive at 120km/h
AD, driving at this speed is a against the law. I have my doubts that any road in North India has this kind of permissable speed limit. Safe driving is sane driving
mints21 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2014, 22:40   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Jaipur -> Bharatpur -> Agra -> YEH -> Noida -> Hapur -> Gajraula -> Moradabad -> Bareilly.
Sorry, but this doesn't make much sense to me. You are better off going straight towards Kasganj and then to Bareilly. By going via YEH, you will be covering almost 150-200 KMs extra and don't stand to gain anything on time too. Don't take NH8 from Jaipur to Delhi, especially when Delhi is not a part of your itinerary. There's a lot of construction work taking place between Jaipur and Delhi, and you also have the Manesar toll (it took more than an hour to cross it during my last trip).

Even on the trip from Mumbai to Jaipur, you might want to explore the route via Nashik. Bharuch is known to be a pain point. Google map also shows a shorter route via Indore and Gwalior. Check with people that have traveled on that route, if it's safe and reasonably maintained, you might want to consider it.

All the best with your planning.
Biraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2014, 04:40   #8
Team-BHP Support

Instead what I would say :

Mumbai-Bareilly: Why YEH?

- Go all the way to Delhi via NH8. Why Jaipur-Noida- YEH?
- Learn the correct Delhi bypass from guys in Delhi
- And then get on the Hapur-Moradabad-Bareilly road.

For Bareilly-Kota: You can do the same.

Bareilly-Delhi-Jaipur-Tonk-Bundi-Kota.

4-lane roads all the way from Delhi to Kota. If you take the other option (Bareilly-Agra-Jaipur-Kota), I think Agra-Jaipur is good (please confirm though).
But you will have tough time from Bareilly-Agra via Badaun-Kaasganj/Etah. There is alternative road too.

Bareilly-Moradabad-Sambal-Chadausi-Narora-Aligarh-Hathras-Agra. A bit longer but may be better roads. Some how I would still vote for the 150km longer option via Delhi/Jaipur.
You just need to know the exact time and route to cross Delhi to get on NH8. At Jaipur see for NH12.

Last edited by ampere : 4th February 2014 at 04:46.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote