Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 16th October 2014, 16:39   #1
BHPian

Default Lonavala - Solapur route?

I urgently need help with the route from lonavala to solapur which should bypass the pune city. I believe there is a route via katraj but I need to know specific locations like landmarks etc. Thanks in advance.
nitindangoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2014, 17:26   #2
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Lonavala - Solapur route?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitindangoria View Post
I urgently need help with the route from lonavala to solapur which should bypass the pune city. I believe there is a route via katraj but I need to know specific locations like landmarks etc. Thanks in advance.
You cannot bypass Pune to Nh9 (Pune-Hyd NH). Bypass exists only for NH4. So you will need to know best possible option to go past Pune.

Last edited by ampere : 16th October 2014 at 17:28.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2014, 17:55   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Lonavala - Solapur route?

Pune (Sadly still considered Tier II??) badly needs a bypass or an outer ring road!

That said, I second what ampere says. From Sholapur road, you can hit Camp area directly, then get onto University road at Sancheti Hospital junction and follow the road all the way crossing Bremen Chowk, Aundh and one straight road till Kiwale and turn left below the NH4 Bypass and right again where the expressway starts.

The other option is to continue on good old Mumbai-Pune highway (the roads in PCMC will be faster in many sections due to excellent infra in this part of Pune) and join the expressway exiting at Talegaon.

The first option via University road is also not slow at all and is a good choice to reach the expressway.

The last option is to turn left on Sholapur road onto Kharadi Bypass, hit the Nagar road, turn left here and then take the usual Ammunition factory-Holkar Bridge-Khadki-Bremen Chowk road and you are onto the Aundh-Ravet road that I mentioned as the first option.

I am not really sure which will be the fastest but keep in mind that Pune traffic is crazy and suggest you cross this either before 8am or after 8pm.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote