Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 10th December 2013, 14:48   #16
Team-BHP Support
Default Re: bangalore - ooty - kodaikanal

Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Kindly excuse the photo quality.
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Doing Hyd- Kodai will be bit tough.
Bangalore - Dindigul takes around 5 hours during early morning drives. From there till Batalagundu is around 1 hour. If driving down from Hyderabad you will have to add atleast 1.5 hours to this to factor in rush at toll booths and village crossings.
I am quoting drive time only till Batalagundu since past that ghat section starts and time will vary based on stoppages and driving style.
Thanks guys, I now fully realize that doing Hyd-Kodai in a single day in winter ( when the sun goes down early) is not going to be feasible. It's best to stay for the night enroute and then complete the trip for a relaxed drive

Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Possible with a stretch. Start at 3AM sharp. Be a Devanahalli by 8/8:30.
Cross Bangalore via NH207 end to end all the way to Hosur via Hoskote/Sarjapur/Baglur by 10. Be in Kodai by evening.
As discussed, Iam going to finalize in coupl of days if its going to be Hyderabad to Kodai OR We can do Hyd-Kodai-Munnar-Bangalore-Hyd.

Will come back on this thread once the itenary is finalized. Thanks again for your inputs
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote