Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 16th August 2006, 13:49   #1
Default Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore Road Trip

Hi all,

We are planning on a road trip this weekend. Plan is to start on Saturday morn 7.00am, reach chennai and get back Sunday morn 7.00am.

Can you please help me here.

1. How long does it take? We are getting a Honda city tomorrow - and I wont be pushing it much - probably 80kmph tops

2. Whats the route like?

haikvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2006, 14:52   #2
Senior - BHPian
Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Welcome..to t-bhp. I have done this couple of years back and after that i had to leave chennai. You can take the old madras road which is quite good. you will pass thru a bit of AP thru kolar. then you will enter the national corridor part which is the new L&T road.
There is not much confusion once you leave bangalore. You can visit Rajiv memorial.
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2006, 16:17   #3

It would be better if you take the HSR-KGR-VLR route. Its a complete non stop 4 laner, except for the toll gates. But one thing is the trip on this road is going to be a non-eventful one .
AvinashKeezh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2006, 16:20   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

I travel almost once or twice a month to Bangalore

Initially I used to take the Chitoor road but once I took the Krishnagiri road there was just no lookin back....

I suggest you take the Hosur road which leads to Krishnagiri and eventually to Chennai... the road is a million times better than the above mentioned.... dedicated lanes for oncoming traffic well separated by dividers.... so safety is assured...

The condition of the road also is awesome.. I have cruised at 160-170kmph in my esteem on that road..... just be on the lookout for buses and people bolting into your path when you approach intersections...

It takes 4.5 hours max... add another 30-45 mins if traffic is really heavy (on hosur road or old madras road and also in chennai while you leave/enter the city)....

This route has light traffic throughout the day and night.... all the best... drive safe...

Last edited by n_aditya : 16th August 2006 at 16:23.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote