Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 11th March 2015, 18:32   #1
BHPian

Default Mumbai to Brahmapur, Odisha

Hi,

I am planning to do a road trip with my family from Mumbai to Bhahmapur which is my native place for my brothers wedding. This will be a trip with my wife and my son along with a few family members in the grand vitara.

I need some help/suggestions on the route and the places to stop....also road conditions.

If someone has done this entire stretch, then how much time taken, what's the best route, things to avoid in this route.

Google maps suggestion has 2 different routes 1 via solapur and other via nagpur, I would prefer the solapur route.

Please help

Thanks
Sanju

Last edited by GTO : 12th March 2015 at 11:29. Reason: Typos
sanjusahu is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 12th March 2015, 09:36   #2
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Mumbai to Brahmapur, Odisha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjusahu View Post
Google maps suggestion 2 diff routes 1 via solapur and other via nagpur, i would prefer the solapur router
Hyd-Behrampur is good. Its the Mumbai-Hyd which can be a pain.
Mumbai-Nashik-Dhule-Nagpur is good. Dont know beyond that.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2015, 09:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Mumbai to Brahmapur, Odisha

Fastest is Bombay - Pune - Solapur - Hyderabad - Vijayawada - Vizag - Srikakulam - Berhampur. Will get you details on Solapur - Hyderabad. Other than this roads are all good. Watch out for unsmooth finishing on bridges on NH5 from Itchapuram towards Berhampur
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2015, 18:22   #4
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Mumbai to Brahmapur, Odisha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjusahu View Post
Google maps suggestion has 2 different routes 1 via solapur and other via nagpur, I would prefer the solapur route.
Hyderabad-Solapur is bad, thanks to the road widening. Solapur-Pune is great - HVK Sir

Pune -Sholapur is excellent except for a small patch in the middle. Sholapur Hyderabad is awful during the day. Late night its a beautiful drive even though The road is bad and patchy. It took me 7 hours for pune - hyderabad - Harsh Mishra

Source - HVK Message Board & Forums in Facebook
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2015, 19:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Mumbai to Brahmapur, Odisha

Sholapur to Hyderabad is not as bad as it was a few months ago. It used to have deep craters, but now they're mostly potholes, and one can drive around 70 to 80 kmph on most parts. My friend who drove to Pune last month told me this. You can check the road upates thread between Mumbai and Hyderabad for latest updates.

If you're using the Nagpur route, I can tell you that the Nagpur to Bhilai stretch is also great. Not sure beyond that though, especially Raipur to Sambalpur. From Sambalpur onwards, the road is good, I hear.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote