Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 13th March 2015, 16:16   #1

Default Ernakulam to Bylakuppe

Planning to drive down to Bylakuppe this April. Google maps has 3 suggested routes - 1) via NH17, 2) via NH17 & NH 212 and 3) via NH47 & NH17.

Any suggestions. Has anyone traveled on a similar route? Google map indicates a travel time of close to 8.5 hrs., I guess it should take atleast 10-11 hrs..

Looking for inputs..

Thanks
ponoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2015, 22:21   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Ernakulam to Bylakuppe

You can check the details mentioned in this thread (Easy & Scenic route to Coorg from Trivandrum).
mpksuhas is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2015, 23:18   #3
Team-BHP Support

Ernakulam-Trichur-Kunnamkulam bypass - Edappal - Kuttipuram - Kottakal - Calicut bypass - Thamarassery - Kalpetta - Mananthvady - Boys Town - Iritty - Virajpet - Madikeri.

Route Link
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2015, 19:39   #4
BHPian

Ernakulam - Calicut stretch is full of traffic and from Thrissur to Calicut, though road is good but only 2 lane which will take driving a pain and more time.

So my suggestion is to follow Ernakulam - Thrissur - Shorannur - Kulappully - Pattambi - Perinthalmanna - Manjeri - Thamarassery - Kalpetta - Mananthavady - Kattikulam - Kutta - Gonikopal - Siddhapura - Kushalnagar, if you don't want to go to Madikeri.

I have done this route till Madikei 3 years back and from Kutta to Madikeri is there were bad stretches but heard that now it is good.
JohnnyBoss is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2015, 09:27   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoss View Post
I have done this route till Madikei 3 years back and from Kutta to Madikeri is there were bad stretches but heard that now it is good.
+1. This is a good option. The only reason I did not want to suggest it was because, isn't beyond Manjeri towards Kalpetta the road is too narrow?
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2015, 20:50   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
+1. This is a good option. The only reason I did not want to suggest it was because, isn't beyond Manjeri towards Kalpetta the road is too narrow?
From Manjeri to Thamarassery the road is a bit narrow but it is a bus route. Not a matter of concern for cars. From Thamarassery it is all good till Kattikulam.
JohnnyBoss is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2015, 16:53   #7

Thanks everyone. Will check out and add my first hand experience in a couple of weeks.
ponoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2015, 11:17   #8
Senior - BHPian

The Manjeri-Thamarassery stretch is in shambles - particularly between Areecode and Thamarassery
mallumowgli is offline   Reply With Quote