Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 2nd April 2015, 07:55   #1
BHPian

Default Chennai to Surat route suggestions?

Guys I am planning a ride towards the end of May from Chennai to Surat and back. I will be taking my TBTS 500 (Black Hawk) for her first 3k+ ride. Super excited, looking for route suggestions and any other tips. Planning to do it over 2 days. Appreciate your inputs! Cheers!

Last edited by GTO : 2nd April 2015 at 13:07. Reason: Typo
prasanna.vps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2015, 09:23   #2
BHPian

Default re: Chennai to Surat route suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna.vps View Post
Guys I am planning a ride towards e end of May from chennai to Surat and back. I will be taking my TBTS 500 (Black Hawk) for her first 3k+ ride. Super excited, looking for route suggestions and any other tips. Planning to do it over 2 days. Appreciate your inputs! Cheers!
Route is quite simple.Chennai -Bangalore (Electronics City) -Nice Road -Tumkur-Belgaum-Kohlapur-Pune (Mumbai Pune Expressway,HVK had posted a Route from Expressway to NH8 in my route query thread, Link below)-Thane -Vapi-Surat.I had done Bangalore - Vapi in 1 day with a lot of breaks in my Civic (enroute Sasan Gir) but it was a bit of stretch towards the end.Since you are travelling from Chennai by Bike, Can't say for sure where ideal break points could be.Road conditions are excellent all the way.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...onal-park.html (Bangalore to Gir National Park)

Last edited by ramanak : 2nd April 2015 at 09:28.
ramanak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2015, 10:05   #3
BHPian

Hey thanks but bikes are not allowed in express way so need alternative there.
prasanna.vps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2015, 10:06   #4
BHPian

Default re: Chennai to Surat route suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna.vps View Post
Hey thanks but bikes are not allowed in express way so need alternative there.
You can use the old Mumbai pune highway. It is in good condition.
athanedar is offline   Reply With Quote