Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 24th July 2017, 19:48   #106
BHPian

Default Re: Mumbai - Ahmedabad : Route Queries

Hi everyone,
I am planning to drive down tomorrow or day after tomorrow, to Ahmedabad from Pune. Request updates on the road condition.
I am concerned about broken / washed-out patches of roads (due to rains) and traffic jams.
I will be starting from Pune by 5 am.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2017, 19:59   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Hi everyone,
I am planning to drive down tomorrow or day after tomorrow, to Ahmedabad from Pune. Request updates on the road condition.
I am concerned about broken / washed-out patches of roads (due to rains) and traffic jams.
Major Impact is around North Gujarat region(Palanpur and beyond). It was bad around Rajkot with confirmed reports of roads giving away.

However Mumbai-Ahmedabad hasn't suffered much. There will be rains but better to exercise caution and keep checking updates on Googlemaps for spikes in traffic blocks on the highway.

As of now, there is none till Ahmedabad. Have a safe one!
paragsachania is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2017, 00:57   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone,
Just be extremely cautious while navigating through Mumbai metropolis. Roads are badly broken at some places on Panvel--Turbhe and Turbhe--Airoli stretches, given the incessant heavy rains that lashed Bombay the whole last week.
vivek95 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 08:59   #109
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Hi everyone,
Hi Rahul,
I am planning my trip from Pune to Ahmedabad on 12th Aug leaving by 8am. Could you please share your experience and pointers if any like which route did you take and about the new bridge in bharuch?

Thanks.
Nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 13:18   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
Hi Rahul,
I am planning my trip from Pune to Ahmedabad on 12th Aug leaving by 8am. Could you please share your experience and pointers if any like which route did you take and about the new bridge in bharuch?

Thanks.
It is better to start from Pune by 5 am to avoid time wastage in Pune and Thane due to traffic. Better to cross Belapur by 7 am and Thane by 7:30 am. Even at 7:30 am, I have observed good amount of traffic on Thane Belapur road.

Be watchful between Lonavla and Khandala on e-way, the road had potholes. There are huge craters in the initial portion of Belapur Thane road. This creates traffic blockages because the craters totally block 1 or 2 lanes at some places and also the vehicles need to move very slowly over these. Reaching Turbhe after 7:30 am could be frustrating. Otherwise, be prepared to spare longer time over this stretch.

If you reach Turbhe by 7 7:30 am, you need not take Airoli bridge, go via Kalwa. You will save two tolls worth Rs. 65. After 7:30, better to take the Airoli bridge.

After Thane, I did not encounter any problem anywhere and my journey was smooth including Bharuch. Immediately after my trip, one bridge on the NH48 (near Kheda) had to be closed for traffic because of flooding. So, if there are heavy rains, do keep enquiring about the traffic conditions ahead. Or keep referring to Google maps for traffic conditions.

Wish you a happy journey.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote