Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 24th July 2017, 19:48   #106
BHPian

Default Re: Mumbai - Ahmedabad : Route Queries

Hi everyone,
I am planning to drive down tomorrow or day after tomorrow, to Ahmedabad from Pune. Request updates on the road condition.
I am concerned about broken / washed-out patches of roads (due to rains) and traffic jams.
I will be starting from Pune by 5 am.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2017, 19:59   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Hi everyone,
I am planning to drive down tomorrow or day after tomorrow, to Ahmedabad from Pune. Request updates on the road condition.
I am concerned about broken / washed-out patches of roads (due to rains) and traffic jams.
Major Impact is around North Gujarat region(Palanpur and beyond). It was bad around Rajkot with confirmed reports of roads giving away.

However Mumbai-Ahmedabad hasn't suffered much. There will be rains but better to exercise caution and keep checking updates on Googlemaps for spikes in traffic blocks on the highway.

As of now, there is none till Ahmedabad. Have a safe one!
paragsachania is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2017, 00:57   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone,
Just be extremely cautious while navigating through Mumbai metropolis. Roads are badly broken at some places on Panvel--Turbhe and Turbhe--Airoli stretches, given the incessant heavy rains that lashed Bombay the whole last week.
vivek95 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 08:59   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone,
Hi Rahul,
I am planning my trip from Pune to Ahmedabad on 12th Aug leaving by 8am. Could you please share your experience and pointers if any like which route did you take and about the new bridge in bharuch?

Thanks.
Nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 13:18   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
Hi Rahul,
I am planning my trip from Pune to Ahmedabad on 12th Aug leaving by 8am. Could you please share your experience and pointers if any like which route did you take and about the new bridge in bharuch?

Thanks.
It is better to start from Pune by 5 am to avoid time wastage in Pune and Thane due to traffic. Better to cross Belapur by 7 am and Thane by 7:30 am. Even at 7:30 am, I have observed good amount of traffic on Thane Belapur road.

Be watchful between Lonavla and Khandala on e-way, the road had potholes. There are huge craters in the initial portion of Belapur Thane road. This creates traffic blockages because the craters totally block 1 or 2 lanes at some places and also the vehicles need to move very slowly over these. Reaching Turbhe after 7:30 am could be frustrating. Otherwise, be prepared to spare longer time over this stretch.

If you reach Turbhe by 7 7:30 am, you need not take Airoli bridge, go via Kalwa. You will save two tolls worth Rs. 65. After 7:30, better to take the Airoli bridge.

After Thane, I did not encounter any problem anywhere and my journey was smooth including Bharuch. Immediately after my trip, one bridge on the NH48 (near Kheda) had to be closed for traffic because of flooding. So, if there are heavy rains, do keep enquiring about the traffic conditions ahead. Or keep referring to Google maps for traffic conditions.

Wish you a happy journey.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2017, 16:50   #111
BHPian

Planning an Ahmedabad-Lonavala trip on Sept 30. Any idea how the road conditions are after the monsoon mahyem?
sreepathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2017, 19:13   #112
BHPian

Planning to go from Pune to Surat, sometime coming week. Mostly expect it to be next Sunday, hoping to get light traffic atleast while crossing Thane etc.

Any updates on this route ? Especially the Versova creek bridge. A lot of time was lost there earlier, is it all fine and working on both sides?

Starting from Pune, ideally any recommendations on when one should start, i mean early morning, or a little later like 9AM is still ok to make a start?

Hoping to get some answers.
devyaaniverma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2017, 20:03   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devyaaniverma View Post
Any updates on this route ? Especially the Versova creek bridge. A lot of time was lost there earlier, is it all fine and working on both sides?
It's all good. Also it will depend on the time you are returning. Avoid peak evening return towards Mumbai.

See how traffic looks even now towards Mumbai:

Mumbai - Ahmedabad : Route Queries-screenshot_20171210200205.png

After this, about 4-5 kms after Choriyasi toll Plaza, there is a diversion to make way for construction of an overpass. Pass this after 11am and you should have a smooth sail.
Quote:
Starting from Pune, ideally any recommendations on when one should start, i mean early morning, or a little later like 9AM is still ok to make a start?
My experience says that you need to hit Ghodbunder by 0730am and for that please start from Pune at 0430 or max 0500. Works best, avoids Bombay/Thane traffic and easy exit onto GJ highway.

You can break your fast after Manor and Mumbai Ahmedabad road needs to specific mention of places to break as you will find plenty.
paragsachania is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2017, 23:57   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
It's all good. Also it will depend on the time you are returning. Avoid peak evening return towards Mumbai.

See how traffic looks even now towards Mumbai:

Attachment 1704528

After this, about 4-5 kms after Choriyasi toll Plaza, there is a diversion to make way for construction of an overpass. Pass this after 11am and you should have a smooth sail.
My experience says that you need to hit Ghodbunder by 0730am and for that please start from Pune at 0430 or max 0500. Works best, avoids Bombay/Thane traffic and easy exit onto GJ highway.

You can break your fast after Manor and Mumbai Ahmedabad road needs to specific mention of places to break as you will find plenty.
Thanks for a very detailed response. Iam planning to leave Pune on the 17th which is a Sunday. Hence i was wondering if around 9AM was ok. Being a Sunday does that make any difference? Since i would be traveling with extended family, 4AM or 5AM seems highly unlikely.
devyaaniverma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2017, 07:57   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devyaaniverma View Post
Thanks for a very detailed response. Iam planning to leave Pune on the 17th which is a Sunday. Hence i was wondering if around 9AM was ok.
Being a Sunday, I expect a lot of day trippers to Mumbai from Pune. Although this may not really hamper progress towards Mumbai as traffic in that direction is usually free flowing compared to traffic heading towards Pune, If you can start early, you will have a lot of advantage in saving time getting out of Pune and at the expressway toll booth.

Crossing Mumbai at 1100 on a Sunday via Belapur Road - Airoli - Thane will be easy as traffic would be less.

Quote:
Being a Sunday does that make any difference? Since i would be traveling with extended family, 4AM or 5AM seems highly unlikely.
Never mind, I can understand. So with 0900 start from Pune, in all probabilities, without a break anywhere you should cross Ghodbunder by 1100 for sure. You can then ideally stop by for lunch and refueling before Navasari where you have a food court ('Sugar n Spice') with a lot of options along with BPCL COCO.

Ghodbunder to Sugar and Spice should take you around 2.5 Hours and that means you can break for lunch at 1330.

In case you are looking for anything earlier than this for brunch/rest rooms, Manor would be perfect choice. This will be around 45-60m after you enter NH8 at Ghodbunder. Couple of restaurants around here:

Note: Click/Touch to open hyperlinks to exact Googlemaps location.

Last edited by paragsachania : 11th December 2017 at 08:01.
paragsachania is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2017, 15:55   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Being a Sunday, I expect a lot of day trippers to Mumbai from Pune. Although this may not really hamper progress towards Mumbai as traffic in that direction is usually free flowing compared to traffic heading towards Pune, If you can start early, you will have a lot of advantage in saving time getting out of Pune and at the expressway toll booth.

Crossing Mumbai at 1100 on a Sunday via Belapur Road - Airoli - Thane will be easy as traffic would be less.

Never mind, I can understand. So with 0900 start from Pune, in all probabilities, without a break anywhere you should cross Ghodbunder by 1100 for sure. You can then ideally stop by for lunch and refueling before Navasari where you have a food court ('Sugar n Spice') with a lot of options along with BPCL COCO.

Ghodbunder to Sugar and Spice should take you around 2.5 Hours and that means you can break for lunch at 1330.

In case you are looking for anything earlier than this for brunch/rest rooms, Manor would be perfect choice. This will be around 45-60m after you enter NH8 at Ghodbunder. Couple of restaurants around here:

Note: Click/Touch to open hyperlinks to exact Googlemaps location.
Thanks a ton. This has been great. Helps me and many others iam sure. I will be posting journey updates soon, hopefully following your footsteps with a detailed write up on the journey.
devyaaniverma is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote