Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 13th December 2012, 12:42   #466

Default re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

@krohit so which route did you decide? Me too planning to drive Hyd-Panaji near x'mas.
tautik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2012, 15:59   #467

@ tautik: I will try Gulbarga-> Bijapur->Amboli Ghat-> Sawantwadi road. To avoid zaheerabad- humnabad, I will try Hyd-Chevella-Pargi. Aiming to start at 4 am and reach Goa early evening.
krohit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2012, 16:39   #468
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknair View Post
To Avoid Zaheerabad Humnabad, you could consider Hyderabad Chevella Pargi Bijapur route as well. It was decent when I used a part of this route to go To Ananthagiri Hills couple of months back. Anyone done all the way to Bijapur recently?
Didnt know this route connects to Bijapur as never went beyond Vikarabad. If i recall correctly, the road till Vikarabad town is narrow and lot of potholes and also after you cross the railroad bridge and go further inside the roads are decent but, quite narrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krohit View Post
@ tautik: I will try Gulbarga-> Bijapur->Amboli Ghat-> Sawantwadi road. To avoid zaheerabad- humnabad, I will try Hyd-Chevella-Pargi. Aiming to start at 4 am and reach Goa early evening.
Nice to know you decided to take this route. Here is a blow by blow of this route info from my goa travelogue with towns in between etc

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post2703248 (CRUZE'd to GOA !!!!!!!)

This info is about 10 months old so dont entirely depend on this and blame me later on
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2012, 17:12   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
NH218 via Bijapur would be a safe bet.Second Mobike's view of narrow roads via Vikarabad,and plus no facilities as well post Vikarabad.
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2012, 18:02   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
If i recall correctly, the road till Vikarabad town is narrow and lot of potholes and also after you cross the railroad bridge and go further inside the roads are decent but, quite narrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
NH218 via Bijapur would be a safe bet.Second Mobike's view of narrow roads via Vikarabad,and plus no facilities as well post Vikarabad.
Even I have travelled only till Vikarabad in this route recently (in Sep 2012). I found the road to be nice treelined and well maintained. Btw, you don't have to go to Vikarabad if you are going to Bijapur, you divert to the left at a place called Manneguda to Pargi and Vikarabad is to the right.

Quote:
To avoid zaheerabad- humnabad, I will try Hyd-Chevella-Pargi.
Please do and file a full trip report

QUOTE=Night_Hawk;2940115]
IMHO, the better option between Gulbargah - Hyderabad is
Gulbargah- Sedam-Pargi - Hyderabad (if the 8 Km horrible crater filled stretch is forgiven)
I have driven on this route on 21.10.2012. I was discouraged by the locals at Sedam from taking the option of Sedam -Chincholi - NH9 Junction, becuase of bad road conditions between Sedam - Chincholi and NH9 connection (near Zaheerabad)[/quote]

Just saw this post by Night_Hawk who has recently traveled the same route. Editing my post to add this information.

Last edited by rknair : 13th December 2012 at 18:32. Reason: Just saw this post by Night_Hawk about the same route. Editing my post to add this information.
rknair is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2012, 23:44   #471
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Heading to Goa on Harleys end January. What is the latest update on road conditions via the various route options? Some of the Harleys have a low ground clearance so please share info on speed breakers etc
DKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2012, 01:28   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Heading to Goa on Harleys end January. What is the latest update on road conditions via the various route options? Some of the Harleys have a low ground clearance so please share info on speed breakers etc
Irrespective of the route, the 'breakers near most railway crossings will be a challenge, then, for these Harleys.

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2012, 18:35   #473

so the route I have decided is:

Hyd - Chevella - Pargi - Gulbarga - Jevargi - Bijapur - Athani - Chikodi - Gadhinglaj - Ajra - Amboli - Sawantwadi - Calangute - Candolim

from all the posts, I understand problems could be around Pargi, Bijapur and Gadhinglaj.

Will post a detailed log of journey. If something's not right, will return through Belgaum-Bagalkot-Raichur-Mahboobnagar route.
krohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2012, 18:44   #474
BHPian

@fiesta@duratec: sorry about the delay in replying. Unfortunately, we had a major traffic jam on this bridge for which we also had to take the same detour which you also took. It was a nightmarish experience of 30kms done in 2 hrs!! But by the time we came on the other side the traffic over the bridge was open. I'll advise everyone to stayput at the bridge and wait for traffic to get cleared.
nitindangoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2012, 10:52   #475
BHPian

Got back from Goa last night. Took this route http://goo.gl/maps/F7Iu0 both to and fro. The route is back to how it was apart from some bad patches here and there. Gulbarga bridge is now open for light vehicles.
ashishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2012, 16:00   #476
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishy View Post
Got back from Goa last night. Took this route http://goo.gl/maps/F7Iu0 both to and fro. The route is back to how it was apart from some bad patches here and there. Gulbarga bridge is now open for light vehicles.
Few questions

1. does the road have speed breakers

2. Is it pot hole ridden?

3. heavy or light traffic?

4. Distance via this route

5. Would you recommend this route for bikers (Harley's) riding down to Goa
DKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2012, 18:06   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Few questions

1. does the road have speed breakers
Yes, Karnataka has the multiple speedbreakers. MH, AP & GA don't (except for the one railway crossing on the Mumbai Highway)

Quote:
2. Is it pot hole ridden?
There were bad potholes few months back. Right now, they are filled. But the job is not good, so road is up and down. Mumbai Highway still is in a bad shape and there are few cracks in the road between Zaheerabad and Humnabad

Quote:
3. heavy or light traffic?
Light traffic. Except for the Mumbai Highway which has heavy traffic in the evenings and mornings.

Quote:
4. Distance via this route
Total 720 from Mehdipatnam to Panjim. I took the ORR from Gachibowli to Patancheru.
Quote:
5. Would you recommend this route for bikers (Harley's) riding down to Goa
I haven't taken any alternate routes yet. I always go by this route. My friends some Bullet riders took the Bangalore - Mahboobnagar route last time. So, I'm not sure. But the drive in my Thar was overall not bad.
ashishy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2013, 02:23   #478
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to go to Varca beach in south goa and plan to take the following route..let me know if there are any comments on the state of roads

Hyderabad-Jadcherla-Mahbubnagar-Raichur-Gangawati-Gadag-Dharwad-Nandgad-Varca

as below

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=h...mra=ls&t=m&z=8

Let me know if there are any other suggestions on the route to take.
Buffetfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2013, 06:35   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
I am planning to go to Varca beach in south goa and plan to take the following route..let me know if there are any comments on the state of roads

Hyderabad-Jadcherla-Mahbubnagar-Raichur-Gangawati-Gadag-Dharwad-Nandgad-Varca

as below

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=h...mra=ls&t=m&z=8

Let me know if there are any other suggestions on the route to take.
I went to Varca in Oct from Hyd and took Hyderabad-Jadcherla-Mahbubnagar-Raichur-Gangawati-Gadag-Hubli-Yellapur-Karwar-Varca

The suggested route from Hubli to South Goa is via Yellapur, Karwar. The entire stretch is excellent. It took me 4 hrs to reach Club Mahinda, Varca from Hubli.

Also, you don't need to go through Mahabubnagar - Don't take right turn at Jadcherla, instead be on the same NH and exactly at 13 kms you will see Boothpur (after Jadcherla, you need to take 1 fluover, don't take 2nd flyover). Take a right at Boothpur to get to Mahbubnagar outskirts which is the road to Raichur. This would save you atleast 20-30 mins depending on the time of the travel.

Feel free to PM me if you need any more suggestion/help.
prabingade is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2013, 10:10   #480
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabingade View Post
Also, you don't need to go through Mahabubnagar - Don't take right turn at Jadcherla, instead be on the same NH and exactly at 13 kms you will see Boothpur (after Jadcherla, you need to take 1 fluover, don't take 2nd flyover). Take a right at Boothpur to get to Mahbubnagar outskirts which is the road to Raichur. This would save you atleast 20-30 mins depending on the time of the travel.
Just wanted to know I see another route from Gadwal to Raichur further down on NH7. How is this route?

Route Link

At the cost of 25km, you get good 4-lane before deviating for Raichur. Any idea on this road?
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote