Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2013, 21:40   #586
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 374
Thanked: 133 Times
Default re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
...
If the Humnabad stretch is fine, I would prefer the Hyd-Humnabad-Bijapur-Amboli Ghat-Sawantwadi-Panjim, any day.
Guess .. this was way above your best last time around :-?
We should probably look for alternate to reach Humnabad from Hyd, otherwise route after that is very good (especially Humnabad -> Gulbarga -> Bijapur), helps you make up for large part of your delays/slowdowns.
deepv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 10:32   #587
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,737
Thanked: 7,910 Times
Default re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

During my drive to Goa last week, I was most impressed with the Bagalkot to Belgaum stretch which was one of the best road surface and smooth curves to ensure you can keep a high speed with utmost safety

Here are some pictures of that stretch

Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries-img20130815wa033.jpg

Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries-img20130815wa018.jpg

Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries-img20130815wa020.jpg

This is the Chorla Ghat, the not so good section so you can imagine the good sections

Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries-img_00000679.jpg
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 10:53   #588
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: "Luck-City", TS
Posts: 697
Thanked: 342 Times
Default re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
When you enter Raichur, take right from the first signal (Gunj circle).Keep following the main road till you reach the second signal (Lingsugur circle).Take a right from this signal and you will be on the overpass over the railway line.Keep going straight until you come across a junction called seven mile junction (Y junction).Take the right fork and heard straight to Bagalkot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I did Hyderabad to Belgaum (595kms) in 8 hours exact despite rains and above detour and Raichur Bypass road with factories on one side is terrible to say the least. This 4-5kms stretch will consume lot of time as the potholes are too huge
I would be highly grateful if some one can please mark out the exact route one needs to take to cross Raichur (be it through the city or via old bye pass or via new bye pass) on a map and post the link here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
HYDERABAD-GOA
HYDERABAD-JADCHERLA-MAHBUBNAGAR-RAICHUR-BAGALKOT-BELGAUM-CHORLA GHAT-MAPUSA-ANJUNA
I would be highly grateful if some one can please mark out the exact route from Hyderabad to Calangute as above on a map and post the link here.
hyd_traveller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 21:15   #589
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 374
Thanked: 133 Times
Default re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
...
If the Humnabad stretch is fine, I would prefer the Hyd-Humnabad-Bijapur-Amboli Ghat-Sawantwadi-Panjim, any day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
...
We should probably look for alternate to reach Humnabad from Hyd, otherwise route after that is very good (especially Humnabad -> Gulbarga -> Bijapur), helps you make up for large part of your delays/slowdowns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
...
I would be highly grateful if some one can please mark out the exact route from Hyderabad to Calangute as above on a map and post the link here.
How about using a route that is a mix of the two:
Hyd -> Gulbarga -> Bijapur -> Bagalkot -> Belgaum -> Chorla -> Goa

For Hyd -> Gulbarga, we want to avoid Hyd -> Humnabad stretch,
will something like Hyd -> Pargi (near Vikarabad) -> Kodangal -> Sedam -> Malkhed -> Gulbarga work? Or, any alternative intermediaries?
Has anyone been using this side of highways?

The route would come out like this: http://goo.gl/maps/A7ZBq
deepv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2013, 21:21   #590
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,737
Thanked: 7,910 Times
Default re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
For Hyd -> Gulbarga, we want to avoid Hyd -> Humnabad stretch, will something like Hyd -> Pargi (near Vikarabad) -> Kodangal -> Sedam -> Malkhed -> Gulbarga work? Or, any alternative intermediaries?
Driven/Rode up to Vikrabad scores of time and it is a decent road till about 20-30kms before Vikarabad where the road really narrows down and lots of bad patches

Never been beyond Vikarabad to the places that you mentioned.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2013, 21:05   #591
BHPian
 
blackbeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 273
Thanked: 75 Times
Default re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Raichur-Bagalkot was a breeze and not too much road related issues
http://goo.gl/maps/tgawB

Is this the route you are talking about from Raichur to Belgaum ? Or any way points in the route for better road ?
blackbeast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2013, 21:38   #592
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad/Blr
Posts: 648
Thanked: 151 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Driven/Rode up to Vikrabad scores of time and it is a decent road till about 20-30kms before Vikarabad where the road really narrows down and lots of bad patches

Never been beyond Vikarabad to the places that you mentioned.
Been to Vikarabad this Sunday. Road has some potholes but manageable, its just 1% of the potholes compared to hunumabad - Hyderabad stretch

Yes, if we can find a alternative to reach Gulbarga. Gulbarga to Goa is the best road to Goa from Hyderabad.

Last edited by shamanth : 27th August 2013 at 21:41.
shamanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 00:31   #593
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 374
Thanked: 133 Times
Default re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
...
For Hyd -> Gulbarga, we want to avoid Hyd -> Humnabad stretch,
will something like Hyd -> Pargi (near Vikarabad) -> Kodangal -> Sedam -> Malkhed -> Gulbarga work? Or, any alternative intermediaries?
...
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
...
Yes, if we can find a alternative to reach Gulbarga. Gulbarga to Goa is the best road to Goa from Hyderabad.
Great .. 1% is encouraging!!!
But do you have any idea about the part from Pargi/Vikarabad to Gulbarga; or anyone you know who can comment on that, or suggest alternatives??
deepv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 17:24   #594
BHPian
 
Night_Hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 206
Thanked: 67 Times
Default re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
But do you have any idea about the part from Pargi/Vikarabad to Gulbarga; or anyone you know who can comment on that, or suggest alternatives??
I have driven on this route about 6 six months back. A friend on mine had a drive on this stretch a couple of months back.
IMHO, Hyderabad-Pargi-Sedam-Gulbargah is a better option (despite 8 km of horrible crater filled stretch on the AP - Karnataka border)

Last edited by Night_Hawk : 28th August 2013 at 17:26. Reason: typos
Night_Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2013, 23:07   #595
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 374
Thanked: 133 Times
Default re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Hawk View Post
...
IMHO, Hyderabad-Pargi-Sedam-Gulbargah is a better option (despite 8 km of horrible crater filled stretch on the AP - Karnataka border)
Thanks Night_Hawk, that sounds like pretty manageable.
Moreover, I would expect lesser traffic on this route vis-a-vis Hyd->Humnabad route.
deepv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2013, 11:05   #596
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: "Luck-City", TS
Posts: 697
Thanked: 342 Times
Default re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

1) Can some one please share the exact route one needs to take from Seven Mile Junction after Raichur town till Belgaum on a map?

2) Can some one please mark out the exact route from Belgaum to Calangute via Chorla Ghat on a map?

3) Can some one please mark out the exact route one needs to take to cross Raichur town on a map?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
During my drive to Goa last week, I was most impressed with the Bagalkot to Belgaum stretch which was one of the best road surface and smooth curves to ensure you can keep a high speed with utmost safety
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
HYDERABAD-GOA
HYDERABAD-JADCHERLA-MAHBUBNAGAR-RAICHUR-BAGALKOT-BELGAUM-CHORLA GHAT-MAPUSA-ANJUNA
My questions as above all pertain to this exact route but I am looking for it marked on a map.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
When you enter Raichur, take right from the first signal (Gunj circle).Keep following the main road till you reach the second signal (Lingsugur circle).Take a right from this signal and you will be on the overpass over the railway line.Keep going straight until you come across a junction called seven mile junction (Y junction).Take the right fork and heard straight to Bagalkot.
Can you please share this route on a map as asked above?
hyd_traveller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2013, 12:12   #597
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,613
Thanked: 1,719 Times
Default re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
1) Can some one please share the exact route one needs to take from Seven Mile Junction after Raichur town till Belgaum on a map?
http://goo.gl/maps/tevH8

Unable to show a right a right at the lingusugur circle on GM.Rest is perfect.Seven Mile jn is marked as Saath Mile junction.Waseem can confirm the route in the map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
2) Can some one please mark out the exact route from Belgaum to Calangute via Chorla Ghat on a map?
http://goo.gl/maps/hcmpu

If going from Hubli,you dont have to go to Belgaum to take the Chorla route.Hubli NH4Bypass-Alnavar-Ramnagar-Khanapur-Jamboti-Chorla-Sanquelim-Assanora-Mapusa-Calangute.
ranjitp1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2013, 13:09   #598
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BANG-A-LURE.
Posts: 1,111
Thanked: 3,463 Times
Default re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
http://goo.gl/maps/tevH8

Unable to show a right a right at the lingusugur circle on GM.Rest is perfect.Seven Mile jn is marked as Saath Mile junction.Waseem can confirm the route in the map.


http://goo.gl/maps/hcmpu
The right turn is very clearly shown in the the map Ranjit.

While coming from Hyderabad, if you proceed straight from lingusugur circle you enter station station road.From lingusugur circle take a right turn and wil enter an over-bridge and that road with take you to seven mile junction.(saath mile).Take the right fork and head straight to lingusugur road.

PS:After you enter over-bridge and proceed for 2 kms and cross a small village called Askihal, you will find a small punjabi dhaba on your right.(IIRC,it is Dashmesh).He serves the best Anda-Kheema (Type of Egg bhurji) known to mankind.Try this with steaming hot tandoori rotis and you are all set to drive towards your destination.

Regards,

Waseem.
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2013, 20:53   #599
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 20
Thanked: 9 Times
Default re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Planning to do this trip in the next 2 - 3 months

Going through the threads and excellent information provided by fellow BHPians, this is the route I plan to take while going to Goa

Hyderabad - Zaheerabad - Humnabad : NH9 (What is the current road condition?)
Humnabad - Gulburga - Jevagri - Bijapur - Bagalkot : NH 218 (I believe this road is good)
Bagalkot - Lokapur - Yaragatti - Belgaum : SH20 (This road is also good)

Planning to stay overnight at Belgaum, so any suggestions of good hotels here?

Also, the above drive should take 10 hours with small breaks??

Belgaum - Chorla : SH140/SH31 and SH4?
Chorla - Sanquelim - Panjim : SH4, SH1, NH4A and NH4A Bypass road.

Any pointers on how to do the Belgaum - Panjim stretch without getting lost. Landmarks?

Planning for a slightly different route while return.

Option 1:
Same till Bagalkot and then
Bagalkot - Raichur - Mahbubnagar - Jadcherla - Hyderabad.

Option 2:
Goa - Hubli - Raichur - Hyderabad : Is this worth a try? How is the overall road condition here?
Saint_Kabir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2013, 07:55   #600
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,600
Thanked: 8,589 Times
Default re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint_Kabir View Post
Planning to stay overnight at Belgaum, so any suggestions of good hotels here?
Sankam.

http://www.sankam.in/

Quote:
Any pointers on how to do the Belgaum - Panjim stretch without getting lost. Landmarks?
The highway to Chorla is road via Sankam only. You drive in from Bagalkot on SH20, cross the 4-lane get into the service road, first left is Sankam.

Next day follow along road where Sankam is located along the curve, and thats the highway to Jambotti/Chorla.

Use a GPS to confirm.

Quote:
Planning for a slightly different route while return.

Option 1:
Same till Bagalkot and then
Bagalkot - Raichur - Mahbubnagar - Jadcherla - Hyderabad.
Option 2:
Goa - Hubli - Raichur - Hyderabad : Is this worth a try? How is the overall road condition here?
If you are staying in North Goa, better to come to Belgaum rather than Hubli. That would be a round about.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries deepakvrao Route / Travel Queries 4016 8th December 2017 10:15
Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries magiceye Route / Travel Queries 2243 7th December 2017 16:56
Kochi - Goa - Hubli - Bangalore - Kochi : Route Queries MilesAndSmiles Route / Travel Queries 41 10th November 2015 16:16
Goa Route Queries windsurfer Route / Travel Queries 299 23rd June 2015 22:16
Route Help: Hyderabad - Goa - Udupi - Bangalore - Hyderabad changaez Route / Travel Queries 28 22nd January 2012 16:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks