Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2016, 16:21   #766
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,417
Thanked: 1,538 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
What is the best way to get to Arpora, Goa from APPA Junction, Hyderabad.

As per this thread and my friends advice its via the Sedam-Gulbarga-Bijapur-Bagalkot-Belgaum.

But Google Maps shows the Mahboob Nagar-Raichur-Lingsugur-Bagalkot-Belgaum.

Will be travelling with Family and pit stops are not very important as we carry our own food.

However lesser traffic and smooth roads without speedbreakers will be preferred.

Please help.
From APPA,the Chevella-Parigi-Kodangal-Sedam-Gulbarga-Bijapur-Bagalkot-Lokapur-NH4-Turn toward Belgaum-take left near Sankam Residency-Go straight and join the Khanapur Road(NH4A)-and keep on the khanapur road till Piranwadi Cross-where you leave the Khanapur road and take the Jamboti-Chorla road all the way till Sanquelim and onwards to Arpora.

https://goo.gl/maps/6RbdUQV3UtE2

Budget for a 14hr+ drive,which means you would be reaching the ghats close to sunset,which should be ok.If you are getting too late,stay over at Belgaum and take the chorla route the next day.personally i dont prefer driving the nights on those isolated ghats ,else its all good.If you are getting late and decide to push on in the night,then my suggestion would be to take the NH4A(via Khanapur-Ramnagar-Anmod ghat-Mollem-Ponda-Panjim-Arpora).This route sees quite a bit of night traffic till about 9 or so,after which that too is a trickle,but it is not as desolate as chorla.moreover nh4a has been relaid so the road is in good condition.
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2016, 17:37   #767
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,234
Thanked: 5,541 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

I took the following route:

APPA Junction->Gulbarga->Bijapur->Bagalkot->Belguam->Goa.

Left at 1:45 PM at APPA.
Took me about 9 hours to reach Belgavi without any breaks except one for a cup of tea.

The road is decent but some places are rough and narrow.

My Son was not comfortable on the ghat and we slowed down considerably. Decided to skip our food plan at Belguam as we did not want him to throw up.

Reached my hotel in Arpova at around 2 PM.

I highly recommend http://www.lasunila.com/ where I am currently staying. The hotel has beautiful large rooms and a fully functional kitchen.

Plan to return tomorrow via the Lingasur-Raichur route.
Because I might be leaving late and hence would be more comfortable doing the final 100 odd kms home on the Bangalore highway.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2016, 15:18   #768
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: "Luck-City", TG
Posts: 586
Thanked: 270 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
APPA Junction->Gulbarga->Bijapur->Bagalkot->Belguam->Goa.

Left at 1:45 PM at APPA.
Took me about 9 hours to reach Belgavi without any breaks except one for a cup of tea.

Reached my hotel in Arpova at around 2 PM.
I just cannot believe this!!!

You took 9 hours from Hyderabad to Belgaum and another 15 hours and 15 minutes from Belgaum to Arpora?
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2016, 15:23   #769
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,234
Thanked: 5,541 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I just cannot believe this!!!

You took 9 hours from Hyderabad to Belgaum and another 15 hours and 15 minutes from Belgaum to Arpora?


OOPS. Too much fun in Goa got into my head.
I left at 1:45 AM and not as mentioned in my earlier post.

Very sorry.


For my return trip, I left at 10:45 AM from Arpova and took the Raichur route to reach home by 11:45 PM.
There was a short break for dinner after Raichur at some decent tiffin center.

Between the two roads, I don't find much difference.
The reason I would prefer the Gulbarga is the crazy number of speed breakers between Lingsugar and Raichur.

Last edited by bblost : 17th May 2016 at 15:25.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2016, 16:10   #770
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,036
Thanked: 1,038 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post


OOPS. Too much fun in Goa got into my head.
I left at 1:45 AM and not as mentioned in my earlier post.

Very sorry.


For my return trip, I left at 10:45 AM from Arpova and took the Raichur route to reach home by 11:45 PM.
.
Thanks for the route update. But in both your posts you have mentioned of a place named Arpova. Where is it? I know of Arpora,near Baga.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2016, 17:11   #771
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,234
Thanked: 5,541 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thanks for the route update. But in both your posts you have mentioned of a place named Arpova. Where is it? I know of Arpora,near Baga.
Some signboard near the hotel called this as Arpova. Some others called it Arpora.

I thought they were interchangeable.

This is near Baga btw.
Also the hotel link has the address.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2016, 17:34   #772
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,036
Thanked: 1,038 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Some signboard near the hotel called this as Arpova. Some others called it Arpora.

I thought they were interchangeable.

This is near Baga btw.
Also the hotel link has the address.
I think the signboard was misleading. To double check, I googled for 'Arpova' and found nothing! The hotel link in your post mentions 'Arpora'.

Arpora is a nice location. I had stayed for 5 days at RGBC, Arpora a few years back. The flea market on Saturday was a very good place to visit.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2016, 12:22   #773
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,417
Thanked: 1,538 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Road Closure Notice:Mahbubnagar-Raichur Highway


http://www.deccanchronicle.com/natio...km-longer.html
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2016, 13:49   #774
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 17
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Hi folks, planning a trip to Goa from Hyd. Is this still the best route?

Hyderabad, Kalaburagi, Vijayapura, Bagalkot, Belagavi, Margao

How much should I budget for my travel time? 12hrs?
WhiteHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2016, 14:18   #775
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,417
Thanked: 1,538 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteHorse View Post
Hi folks, planning a trip to Goa from Hyd. Is this still the best route?

Hyderabad, Kalaburagi, Vijayapura, Bagalkot, Belagavi, Margao

How much should I budget for my travel time? 12hrs?
Yes thats the best route for the moment.12+hours with breaks.
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2016, 14:28   #776
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 17
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Yes thats the best route for the moment.12+hours with breaks.
Thanks ranjitp1 and how is the truck traffic? Is it like the Zaheerabad route? I'm planning a 1AM start.
WhiteHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2016, 15:18   #777
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,417
Thanked: 1,538 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteHorse View Post
Thanks ranjitp1 and how is the truck traffic? Is it like the Zaheerabad route? I'm planning a 1AM start.
Not much of truck traffic.1am should see you reaching Panjim by 2-3pm
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2016, 15:34   #778
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: "Luck-City", TG
Posts: 586
Thanked: 270 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteHorse View Post
Thanks ranjitp1 and how is the truck traffic? Is it like the Zaheerabad route? I'm planning a 1AM start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Not much of truck traffic.1am should see you reaching Panjim by 2-3pm
Please carry a very detailed route map. The turns are not marked with boards at many places. And no locals would be available between 1am and 6am to advise you about the turns that you need to take. 1 wrong turn and ... well, you know the consequence.

I am marking the important turns that you will encounter in this map till Jevargi (where you will take a right turn) : https://goo.gl/maps/kKaV8DnJEhE2
Please calculate the distance between each point and keep a watch on the odo for the turns to match with the map (give or take a few metres or a km or two).
Subsequently, it will be day time. and the turns are not that complex thereafter.

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 15th July 2016 at 15:45.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2016, 17:46   #779
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Bombay/Belgaum
Posts: 167
Thanked: 333 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteHorse View Post
Hi folks, planning a trip to Goa from Hyd. Is this still the best route?

Hyderabad, Kalaburagi, Vijayapura, Bagalkot, Belagavi, Margao

How much should I budget for my travel time? 12hrs?
Since your destination is Madgaon, stick to NH4A from Belgaum ( Belgaum-Khanapur-Ramnagar-Anmod ghat-Mollem-Ponda bypass-Madgaon ). NH4A is a newly laid excellent 2 lane highway. No need of taking Chorla ghat for destinations in South Goa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I think the signboard was misleading. To double check, I googled for 'Arpova' and found nothing! The hotel link in your post mentions 'Arpora'.

Arpora is a nice location. I had stayed for 5 days at RGBC, Arpora a few years back. The flea market on Saturday was a very good place to visit.
''Arpova'' could well be the Konkani version of ''Arpora'' which may not be found on Google. Goa is actually spelled 'Goye' in Konkani, Mapusa is Mhapshe, Bicholim is Dicholi etc. likewise many places in Goa have local names most of which do not find mention on internet.
vivek95 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2016, 19:17   #780
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 17
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Please carry a very detailed route map. The turns are not marked with boards at many places. And no locals would be available between 1am and 6am to advise you about the turns that you need to take. 1 wrong turn and ... well, you know the consequence.
That is some sane advise there hyd_traveller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I am marking the important turns that you will encounter in this map till Jevargi (where you will take a right turn) : https://goo.gl/maps/kKaV8DnJEhE2
Please calculate the distance between each point and keep a watch on the odo for the turns to match with the map (give or take a few metres or a km or two).
Subsequently, it will be day time. and the turns are not that complex thereafter.
And thanks for marking this out. I've got almost similar route map marked out. Yes I'm breaking the legs by distance and approx time, for better navigation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
Since your destination is Madgaon, stick to NH4A from Belgaum ( Belgaum-Khanapur-Ramnagar-Anmod ghat-Mollem-Ponda bypass-Madgaon ). NH4A is a newly laid excellent 2 lane highway. No need of taking Chorla ghat for destinations in South Goa.
vivek95 that is actually the route I'm planning to take. I'm glad the roads are marked out alright. Should make the last leg smoother.
WhiteHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries magiceye Route / Travel Queries 2016 7th December 2016 23:24
Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries deepakvrao Route / Travel Queries 3715 7th December 2016 16:49
Kochi - Goa - Hubli - Bangalore - Kochi : Route Queries MilesAndSmiles Route / Travel Queries 41 10th November 2015 16:16
Goa Route Queries windsurfer Route / Travel Queries 299 23rd June 2015 22:16
Route Help: Hyderabad - Goa - Udupi - Bangalore - Hyderabad changaez Route / Travel Queries 28 22nd January 2012 16:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:06.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks