Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2015, 21:51   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 20
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Bangalore to Sirsi via Halageri

Team,

Has anyone done the BLR-Halageri-Sirsi route? I think we need to take a deviation from Harihara and continue.

Please share thoughts and experiences: I have a Scorpio, so I am not really concerned about average roads and two-lane driving.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Suhas
suhasd75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 11:18   #2
BHPian
 
drhoneycake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 269
Thanked: 491 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Sirsi via Halageri

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhasd75 View Post
Team,

Has anyone done the BLR-Halageri-Sirsi route? I think we need to take a deviation from Harihara and continue.

Please share thoughts and experiences: I have a Scorpio, so I am not really concerned about average roads and two-lane driving.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Suhas

Hi Suhas,

I think you're talking about the following route:
Bangalore - Harihar - Halageri - Kod - Haunsbhavi - Tilvalli - Makarvalli - Dasankoppa - Sirsi

I did this route in January last. Now I travel via Bankapur always.


Bengaluru to Harihar - Excellent NH4. Smooth Roads. You can do some good speeds.

Harihar to Halageri - Good state highway

Halageri to Dasankoppa - Good state highway, nice winding roads, less traffic, beautiful scenery, but lots of villages. Watch out for unmarked speed breakers (plenty of them).

Dasankoppa to Sirsi - Freshly laid, widened roads.

Do let us know how it goes.

Have a safe drive.

Regards,
Aniketh
drhoneycake is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 21:09   #3
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 20
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Sirsi via Halageri

Aniketh,

Thanks a ton for the kind reply.

One of the reasons I asked about Halageri was that a Fiat Linea owner had posted a travelogue mentioning a nice drive.

The second reason was to get some alternatives: I think BLR-Haveri-Hanagal-Sirsi is too long.

I remember there was another route from Ranebennur as well but I forget.

Could you please kindly share the Bankapur route? Just so if I get cold feet via Halageri

Thanks again!
Suhas
suhasd75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2015, 01:51   #4
BHPian
 
drhoneycake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 269
Thanked: 491 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Sirsi via Halageri

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhasd75 View Post
Aniketh,

Thanks a ton for the kind reply.

One of the reasons I asked about Halageri was that a Fiat Linea owner had posted a travelogue mentioning a nice drive.

The second reason was to get some alternatives: I think BLR-Haveri-Hanagal-Sirsi is too long.

I remember there was another route from Ranebennur as well but I forget.

Could you please kindly share the Bankapur route? Just so if I get cold feet via Halageri

Thanks again!
Suhas

Hi Suhas, you should've quoted my reply. I'm seeing your post now. Anyways, you take the left turn immediately after the bankapur toll adjacent to the "Delhi Durbar hotel", drive straight through and you should reach a "Y" junction. The left one goes to Pala-Sirsi and the right goes to Mundgod-Yellapur.

From here, Bankapur-Hangal Bypass (take right here)-Pala-Malgi-Yekkambi-Isloor-Sirsi. Brilliant roads throughout except for a 250m non existent road before Hangal bypass. I do this regularly to my native in Sirsi. Once the haveri-sirsi road is done, I'll propapbly go back to that.

Incase you're confused, here you go....
https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Ba...8!2d14.6170943


Regards,
Aniketh.
drhoneycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2015, 18:04   #5
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Santoshbhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,784
Thanked: 3,022 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Once the haveri-sirsi road is done, I'll propapbly go back to that.
Hi Aniketh, The Haveri Sirsi road is almost complete I believe. Just about 5 to 6 kms is still to be completed. Told to me by a relative who recently travelled on this road.
Santoshbhat is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2015, 11:30   #6
BHPian
 
drhoneycake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 269
Thanked: 491 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Sirsi via Halageri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Hi Aniketh, The Haveri Sirsi road is almost complete I believe. Just about 5 to 6 kms is still to be completed. Told to me by a relative who recently travelled on this road.
Hi Santosh,

That is some great news, hopefully the road will be done when I hit my native again for Diwali.
drhoneycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2015, 10:39   #7
BHPian
 
drhoneycake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 269
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

Bangalore to Sirsi via Halageri-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447823070.666669.jpg

ROAD UPDATE!!

Just did a Bangalore-Sirsi-Bangalore trip to my native. The stretch b/w Haveri to Akki Alur is now done apart from 3 places (50m stretches) where work is being carried out extensively. Sirsi to Akki Alur is great barring a few stretches where it gets quite bumpy, although the road is quite narrow. The entire stretch should be done in a month's time.

Now we have no need to go via Bankapur, saves ₹70 in toll 😁


Sent from my iPhone 6 using Team-BHP
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bangalore to Sirsi trip AltoLXI Route / Travel Queries 88 11th August 2017 20:24
How's the road from Haveri to Sirsi ankura12 Route / Travel Queries 7 28th December 2016 09:35
Bangalore-Sirsi-Dandeli-Hubli anup7649 Route / Travel Queries 9 21st July 2014 12:29


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:42.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks