Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 26th July 2016, 09:57   #226
BHPian

Default Re: Weekend Getaways from Hyderabad

We are a group of 6 (including 3 ladies) and are planning a 1-day return trip around Hyderabad on 14th August '16. We have shortlisted Kuntala Falls and Srisailam as the two options for now. Are there better options in a 5-600 kms round trip range? If not, which would be a better option from our short list?

TIA.

Regards,
Ashis
ashis89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2016, 08:49   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Just one input from my end, pictures of trip should be shared in the same post so all information is available at one location

Thank You Avinash,
Sure, I will add some pics as well. The reason I have the pics updated in my ownership thread is because it acts as a single point of reference for memories, when we flip through pages 😃.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Are there better options in a 5-600 kms round trip range? If not, which would be a better option from our short list?

Regards,
Ashis
Hello Ashis,

I have tentative plans to visit Jannrum Forests on the same weekend.
Well if you are into temples then Sridailam is a good option doable in a day (being a long weekend, I expect it to be crowded). The drive on the mountains is amazing and refreshing.

Kuntala falls the drive wise it's a 6 lane Toll road so it's not too existing or scenic (except for a few km after you divert from the NH) in comparison to Srisailam, but yes will be less stressful.
Also the waterfall at Kuntala is very nice and with some good rains from the past few days I am expecting water levels to be decent.
Food options near the waterfalls is very limited it's better to take packed food or return to the highway to find some options.

Cheers,
Pradeep.
pdma is offline   Reply With Quote