Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 21st February 2016, 23:17   #16
BHPian

Default re: Traffic disruptions in Haryana due to the Reservation Protests!

I am currently in panipat. Lots of people are stuck in the Karnal to delhi stretch with the sonipat stretch being the worst. you will lose internet connectivity in the area. As someone suggested, I too would take the haridwar route. It may be very long but is definitely the safest. I am not sure about this but karnal-shamli road was among the first to be blocked.A delhi police advisory on twitter at 7pm today suggested it may take upto 48hrs for NH1 to be fully cleared. I have been following NH1 status on twitter all day and plenty of people are thinking of attempting to travel tomorrow on NH1. Keep searching twitter using NH1, panipat, sonipat as keywords you will get plenty of information.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd February 2016 at 12:31. Reason: Typos
bullrun87 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2016, 03:41   #17
BHPian

Just got back home in Jalandhar. It's 3.30 am in the morning. I started from Delhi at around 12 pm.
Initially I had planned the following route Delhi - Meerut bypass - Muzaffarnagar - Saharanpur - Paonta sahib- Nathan - Solan - Ropar - Jalandhar.
Delhi to Meerut there were regular traffic jams. I reached the bypass around 3.30. There I caught up with few people who were going to various places in Punjab and everyone was opting to go via Haridwar instead of Saharanpur. I too opted to go via Haridwar, only to be stopped by agitating jats some 50 kms before Haridwar. Then I took a rural road to Laskar and from there to Haridwar. I was alone in doing so and just obeyed the gps. Finally reached Haridwar by 7pm.
I had exchanged phone numbers with a lot of people on the way. Most of these returned to go via Saharanpur when I took the road to Laskar. As I crossed Poanta sahib, I heard from one of them that they were stuck in a jam in Saharanpur. Don't know the reason for the jam though.
From Poanta sahib I didn't have to go to Solan, as number of people confirmed that roads to Chandigarh were clear. So from Poanta sahib I drove to Chandigarh and onwards to Jalandhar.

Last edited by rrsteer : 22nd February 2016 at 03:42.
rrsteer is online now   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2016, 09:17   #18
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd February 2016 at 12:33.
Akib Khan is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 22nd February 2016, 09:47   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Traffic disruptions in Haryana due to the Reservation Protests!

Quote:
There I caught up with few people who were going to various places in Punjab and everyone was opting to go via Haridwar instead of Saharanpur.
Glad you made safely , did you crossed Roorkee ? or were stopped earlier - I think Roorkee - Dehradoon - Chandigarh would have been easier.

Last edited by Turbanator : 22nd February 2016 at 09:50.
Turbanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2016, 10:49   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Glad you made safely , did you crossed Roorkee ? or were stopped earlier - I think Roorkee - Dehradoon - Chandigarh would have been easier.
Thanks! On the NH58, I encountered the jam in UP, shortly after the diversion in the road towards Deoband. From Laksar a road went to Roorkee and it would have been shorter but it was passing through Manglaur. I inquired with a few locals and they said it would go through a foresty patch and it may not be the best route to follow as dusk was already on the horizon. When with only female co-passengers, I become very weak and scared and easily chicken out of anything appearing remotely doubtful.

EDIT - also want to take this opportunity to point how good a vehicle the Innova is. It is super comfortable and don't think my 3 year old daughter could have been as non - perturbed and cheerful in a lesser vehicle.

Last edited by rrsteer : 22nd February 2016 at 10:52.
rrsteer is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2016, 17:30   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Thanks! On the NH58, I encountered the jam in UP, shortly after the diversion in the road towards Deoband. From Laksar a road went to Roorkee and it would have been shorter but it was passing through Manglaur. I inquired with a few locals and they said it would go through a foresty patch and it may not be the best route to follow as dusk was already on the horizon. When with only female co-passengers, I become very weak and scared and easily chicken out of anything appearing remotely doubtful.
Thank you for the report. I will be driving on this route tomorrow. I am confused about Laksar. How did you end up there? The map shows two roads branching out from NH58 from Muzzafarnagar. One goes to Roorke (NH58) while the other (NH59) heads towards Deoband. Laksar is very far away. Why did you need to go that way? I have driven on both these routes quite a few times and both are generally quite good. Were they blocked during your trip?
Lobogris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2016, 18:09   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Thank you for the report. I will be driving on this route tomorrow. I am confused about Laksar. How did you end up there? The map shows two roads branching out from NH58 from Muzzafarnagar. One goes to Roorke (NH58) while the other (NH59) heads towards Deoband. Laksar is very far away. Why did you need to go that way? I have driven on both these routes quite a few times and both are generally quite good. Were they blocked during your trip?
On the NH58, maybe 15-20 minutes after the road branches to Deoband and staying in the direction towards Roorkee, there was a jam due to the bandh. At that point I dropped off from NH 58 and drove to Laksar to get to Haridwar.
rrsteer is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2016, 19:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

A relative of mine just arrived home from Karnal. He started around 1 PM in the afternoon and took around 6 hours to reach Delhi airport.

The route and status -

Karnal to Shamli - very dense traffic, took a lot of time to cross.
Shamli - Baghpat - Wazirabad - very small roads, not much traffic but single lane highway took a lot of time.

Did not encounter any sort of agitation anywhere. The max time taken was the Karnal - Shamli sector.
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2016, 21:13   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the report. I will be driving on this route tomorrow. I am confused about Laksar.
NH1 was open in morning but around noon there were some incidents at Sonipat , tomorrow things may be different - can suggest you 2 options -via Muzaffarnagar - Saharanpur -Yamunanagar - Ambala or via - Muzaffarnagar -Roorkee- Chhutmulpur - Dehradun - Chandigarh
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2016, 21:15   #25

Special trains are being run from Chandigarh towards Ghaziabad/Delhi. One train was scheduled to depart at 4:00 PM today and there will be another one starting at 11:00 AM tomorrow. I enquired this from Chandigarh railway station today.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/punjab...iTTX2WUHK.html

You can also monitor the status of NH1 via twitter,
https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&...20nh1&src=typd
theMandarin is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2016, 22:08   #26
BHPian

Question Delhi - Hisar ?

Has anyone travelled on Delhi-Hisar highway recently? Has it finally been opened? Is it safe to travel?

Traffic disruptions in Haryana due to the Reservation Protests!-delhi-hisar.png

Cheers!
Ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2016, 22:43   #27

Default Re: Delhi - Hisar ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
Has anyone travelled on Delhi-Hisar highway recently? Has it finally been opened?
Yes it is open now(as im from rohtak), you can travel and for safety pupose try to travel in daytime.
Dieseldrifter is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2016, 23:14   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Delhi-Hisar highway recently
my friend came back in the middle of these protests, he took almost 15 hours as he was struck up near Bhiwani , you will have to plan via Rajasthan if you must travel

something like this

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Hisar...28.6139391!3e0
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2016, 10:40   #29
BHPian

Heard really atrocious news regarding the torture some women passengers had to face in NH1 near Delhi-Haryana border early yesterday.
Baffled, confused, terribly angry and worse scared! I hope justice is done and I hope what I heard is untrue.
rrsteer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2016, 11:58   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Heard really atrocious news regarding the torture some women passengers had to face in NH1 near Delhi-Haryana border early yesterday.

Baffled, confused, terribly angry and worse scared! I hope justice is done and I hope what I heard is untrue.
I have not seen any news or any thing regarding this, can you point us as to where you heard the news and what happened?
These ruthless monsters have gone mad and they can do any thing, they are not afraid of any thing. Twitter reports than NH1 is open from yesterday but would be safer to travel in broad daylight.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote