Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 28th April 2016, 09:19   #1
BHPian

Default Chennai to Murudeshwara : Route Queries

Hi All,

I am planning for a weekend trip to Murudeshwara from chennai in Ford Ecosport We will be 5 members travelling. Please let me the route to reach Murudeshwara

Are there any A2B plaza, cafe coffee day or similar kind of hotels enroute?

As per Google the distance is around 900 Kms which takes around 14 hours. Planning to start by Morning 4. Can I reach the destination by night 8 PM.

I have to return to chennai by Monday morning. Please let me know can i reach chennai by monday or the schedule looks very hectic.

Regards
udayjani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2016, 09:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Chennai to Murudeshwara : Route Queries

Hi,

This route is through Bangalore and then core karnataka roads. Irrespective of the roads keep an average of 60km/hour for the 900kms. This is your road time which is around 15 hours.

Then add the break time of around 2 hours. Thats around 17 hours when everything goes fine.

The best way to reach IMHO is start the previous night and reach Bangalore. Start at 4 as per your plan from Bangalore so you can probably reach comfortably before dusk. Similarly plan a trip to stay at Bangalore while returning and starting at early morning to Chennai on monday. You should be able to reach chennai by 10 and go to work by 12.

Its pretty much normal in chennai from what i see from my friends across different organization that 11-12 is standard in time . I am lonely at 8AM at work but i usually leave at 530.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2016, 09:53   #3
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayjani View Post
Please let me the route to reach Murudeshwara
Chennai>Vellore>Krishnagiri>Hosur>Bangalore bypass on NICE road>Kunigal>Channarayapattana bypass>Arsikere>Kadur>Bhadravati>Shivamogga>Sagar> Honnavara>Murudeshwara. Chennai>Bangalore>Channarayapattana section is a beautiful 4/6 lane toll NH. The remaining section is a good 2-lane SH/NH.

Quote:
Are there any A2B plaza, cafe coffee day or similar kind of hotels enroute?
You have good hotels including A2B, CCD all along the route.

Quote:
Planning to start by Morning 4. Can I reach the destination by night 8 PM.
Assuming an average speed of 55 kmph, you require 16 hours including breaks to cover 844 km on this route. So, yes, you can easily reach the destination by 8 pm.
J.Ravi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2016, 13:03   #4
BHPian

As you have mentioned already, travelling all the way from Chennai just to see Murudeshwara and back on a weekend can be hectic. Karnataka's coast has lot to offer for your viewing apart from Murudeswara and it would be best to replan your travel so that you enjoy other sights as well.
DWind is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2016, 17:15   #5
BHPian

I can suggest an alternate route : Chennai - > Chitoor -> Palmaner -> Kolar - > Dabaspete -> Tumkur -Hiryur - Chitradurg ->Shimoga -> Sagar - Honnavar - Marudeshwar.

I do annual trips to Goa for the past 8 years and it can be quite tiresome to drive all the way beyond 700 km in a day for one driver.

Karnataka offers tens of dozens of destinations and surely you don't do any justice to drive all the way - some 1700km in a weekend just for one destination.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote