Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2008, 13:11   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
rkbharat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Gurgaon/New Delhi
Posts: 1,590
Thanked: 608 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Won't going to Kathgodam mean a longer ride?
Nainital to Kaladunghi is just 30kms
Its it longer but road conditions are better, to the best of my knowledge
rkbharat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2008, 13:21   #32
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,955
Thanked: 15,648 Times
Default

Ok, so the Nainital-Almore stretch must be the culpit here
Will check out the maps now
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2008, 14:10   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
rkbharat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Gurgaon/New Delhi
Posts: 1,590
Thanked: 608 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Ok, so the Nainital-Almore stretch must be the culpit here
Will check out the maps now
Roads from Nanital till Almora was also good, and its very scenic. Avoid entering into Almora. Its more congested than Noida/Delhi and no parking spaces. Though you would like to try bal mithai in the Almora market.

This is the pic between Nainital-Almora : Nov-2006.
Name:  way to Nanital  71.JPG
Views: 37123
Size:  385.5 KB
rkbharat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2008, 15:52   #34
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,955
Thanked: 15,648 Times
Default

I have heard that the 1500 a night KMVN guest house at Binsar has no electricty?
Is that correct?
Where did you guys stay at binsar?
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2008, 16:08   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
simply_sunny001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London & Rohtak
Posts: 1,339
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Binsar has a nice hotel run by German couple and the hotel is called "Kalmatia Sangam" but its very pricey at 6K/night as per what i know.

Other option is KMVN which doesnt have electricity(true)

there is a Club Mahindra resort as well,please try that also and it should be good considering its a Club Mahindra resort.
simply_sunny001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2008, 16:12   #36
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,955
Thanked: 15,648 Times
Default

Ok, thanks!
Time to ponder over the maps now and thrash out the best route!
hvkumar ji? Where art thou?
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2008, 16:38   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
simply_sunny001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London & Rohtak
Posts: 1,339
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Ok, thanks!
Time to ponder over the maps now and thrash out the best route!
hvkumar ji? Where art thou?
our travelguru seems to be on a drive otherwise he would have been on this thread very fast.
simply_sunny001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2008, 16:45   #38
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Blr -> Hyderabad
Posts: 98
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

We were there in Uttaranchal during Dec-Jan08, Roads are bad in UP but once you enter Uttaranchal roads are better. We took Moradabad-Kathgodam route to Naini
We did B'lore-Naini - Muktheswar - Binsar-Choukori-Munsiyari-Auli-B'lore. Roads are good & very scenic in Uttaranchal.
It took us around 6hrs to reach Binsar from Muktheswar. Best place to stay is at KMVN. It is situated at the best location compared to others. Since Binsar is a santuary no other private hotels are there nearby( Mahindra resorts was started before Binsar became santuary).
We payed around Rs900/day. It was off season then. You can check KMVN website for prices & availability but cannot book it thru website. You need to do that thru KMVN office, address is available in website.
Power is rarely available & everything is switched off by 8.0pm. Food is OK but needs to order before 6.0PM.
Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2008, 17:03   #39
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,955
Thanked: 15,648 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
We were there in Uttaranchal during Dec-Jan08, Roads are bad in UP but once you enter Uttaranchal roads are better. We took Moradabad-Kathgodam route to Naini
We did B'lore-Naini - Muktheswar - Binsar-Choukori-Munsiyari-Auli-B'lore. Roads are good & very scenic in Uttaranchal.
It took us around 6hrs to reach Binsar from Muktheswar. Best place to stay is at KMVN. It is situated at the best location compared to others. Since Binsar is a santuary no other private hotels are there nearby( Mahindra resorts was started before Binsar became santuary).
We payed around Rs900/day. It was off season then. You can check KMVN website for prices & availability but cannot book it thru website. You need to do that thru KMVN office, address is available in website.
Power is rarely available & everything is switched off by 8.0pm. Food is OK but needs to order before 6.0PM.
When you say Power is rarely available, what does it mean?
does it mean that power is available sometime during the day(To charge camera batteries etc.,)

On the Route, I have decided on this route, looks to be the shortest
Option 1.
Moradabad - Ramnagar - Kaladhungi - Nainital Outskirts - Almora
Options 2.
Moradabad - Bazpur - Kaladunghi - Nainital Outskirts - Almora

Option 1 is the shortest
If I go to Kaladunghi via Ramnagar I do 30kms more approx
Kaladunghi - almora is just 62kms!
I do not need to go all the way to Haldwani/kathgodam etc.,
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2008, 17:38   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,354 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Binsar has a nice hotel run by German couple and the hotel is called "Kalmatia Sangam" but its very pricey at 6K/night as per what i know.

Other option is KMVN which doesnt have electricity(true)

there is a Club Mahindra resort as well,please try that also and it should be good considering its a Club Mahindra resort.
Club Mahindra is not anywhere near Binsar KMVN which is deep inside the WLS. To get o Club Mahindra, you have to continue on Bageshwar road 9 kms after the Ayarpani Check Post - or 28 kms from Almora town.

There is also one more hotel (Dreamland Resort??)on the way from Ayarpani Check Post to Binsar KMVN.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2008, 17:53   #41
Senior - BHPian
 
simply_sunny001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London & Rohtak
Posts: 1,339
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Club Mahindra is not anywhere near Binsar KMVN which is deep inside the WLS.
i dint say that club Mahindra is inside WLS or near KMVN
simply_sunny001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2008, 18:45   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,354 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
i dint say that club Mahindra is inside WLS or near KMVN
Just clarifying that Club Mahindra Binsar is not in Binsar, since one would assume that it is in the same vicinity as KMVN which is in the heart of Binsar WLS.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2008, 18:56   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,354 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
It took us around 6hrs to reach Binsar from Muktheswar. Best place to stay is at KMVN. It is situated at the best location compared to others. Since Binsar is a santuary no other private hotels are there nearby( Mahindra resorts was started before Binsar became santuary).
.
I would estimate a travel time of 6 hours from Moradabad to Binsar based on my own driving times.

Please note that you are not allowed to go into Binsar after Ayarpani Check Post after 6 pm (unless you are staying in KMVN or any other hotel inside).
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2008, 10:41   #44
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Blr -> Hyderabad
Posts: 98
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
When you say Power is rarely available, what does it mean?
does it mean that power is available sometime during the day(To charge camera batteries etc.,)
,
Yes power will not be available during night. You can charge your cell phones & camera batteries during day time.
After 8pm it is only candle light!!!
For bathing you will get a bucket of hot water in the morning as heaters are not available there.

"I would estimate a travel time of 6 hours from Moradabad to Binsar based on my own driving times."

Ours was a leiserly drive & we went thru forest & didnt take the normal route. We joined the main road just before Almora.

Dear Kumar
One thing for sure. no one can compete with you, the speed you travel. How is it possible to drive so fast & note down all the details at the same time??
Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2008, 12:22   #45
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 477
Thanked: 24 Times
Default Short Route to Kausani

Hi all. I will be doing a Baijnath kausani Trip soon. Need to know the shortest route to Kausani from Delhi.

From what i have gathered

Delhi - Moradabad - Bajpur - Kaladhungi seems perfect.

1. What route do i need to take from here onwards for Kausani.

2. Also on return leg i plan to spend a day at Ranikhet. So do suggest a return route as well.

I found this useful pic online. Have a look - http://www.shunya.net/Pictures/Himal.../KumaonMap.jpg

Looking for suggestions

Elito
Elito11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Exploring Kumaon: Nainital, Sattal, Almora, Bageshwar, Patal Bhuvaneshwar & Kausani v&v Travelogues 31 31st August 2014 12:51
Delhi -> Haridwar -> Corbett -> Almora -> Nainital jesrani Route / Travel Queries 10 3rd January 2013 16:02
Help needed for naukuchiyataal, Ranikhet, kausani trip akz Route / Travel Queries 0 8th January 2012 02:41
Info needed for the Delhi – Binsar route sanjaykaul Route / Travel Queries 16 30th May 2011 09:53
Pune to Almora. Route suggesstion required Ramki Route / Travel Queries 0 27th December 2008 12:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:00.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks