View Poll Results: Which national Park from Delhi
Ranthambore 1 7.69%
Kanha 3 23.08%
Corbett 9 69.23%
Sarsika 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4th December 2006, 14:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Also latest news is that the strike at Corbett has ended yesterday!! More details on the accomodation & various resorts can be found here:

Corbett National Park

Also will revert to you by today evening positively on the booking procedure for Dhikala.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2006, 14:41   #17
Team-BHP Support

Thanks ishan, I think dhikala wont be available due to holiday rush.
so settling for either Ramganga resort or the Tiger camp report both of which are in budget.
The plan is as follows
Day one :
Reach corbett before 2pm, go for safari(I think it starts at aorund 2-3pm depends on hotel) Corbett can be reached by around 12pm if need arises
Day two:
Morning safari till 11am. Checkout. Go for the hills. Current plan is Auli, esp if we can get the GVMN tourist rest house. Deluxe room is for 1400rs. Reach by night(200kms from ramnagar)
Day 3:
Explore Auli ski slopes. full day there
Day 4:
Return

If anyone of you has been to auli and nearby places, please give some tips
I was looking at the clifftop resort too, but is a little too expensive!

Any alternate suggestions welcome too. I was thinking of nainital, but hardly any snow there.
How is kasauni?
Or abbot mount?
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2006, 16:14   #18
BHPian

Getting to stay at Dhikala is a long-drawn government process. Last year I was told that first I need to fax my requirements (dates, duration, no. of persons, member profiles etc.) to the concerned person. Then they will decide about our application, sort of lucky draw during rush season.

Tsk, looking at your plan, I won't recommend Ramganga Resort for your stay. It's a little far from the day-trip entry gates of Corbett, namely Bijrani, Jhirna.

Kausani is very good as far as views of Himalayan range are concerned; no idea whether you'll find snowfall there, depends on your luck!

Abott Mount looks promising in the Outlook Traveler pages, but yet to get any first/second-eye experience to vote for this place.

Auli is definitely the best of the lot!
noviceDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2006, 16:22   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
abbot mount?
Abbot Mount is not even one-tenth as beautiful as it looks in the Outlook Travellers' guide. I've lived in Lohaghat for 3 years (dad was posted there), and know the area pretty well.
Kausani is a good option but I doubt you'll get any snow there around Christmas.

P.S. I was in Ranthambore on 25th 26th Nov. Although didn't get to see any tigers, but the over-all experience was very good. Much better than my sojourns to Corbett and Dudhwa.

\N
ntomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2006, 16:32   #20
Team-BHP Support

ranthambore is all full.
Even corbett resorts are mostly full, thats why the exhorbiant rates.
I am contemplating removing the tiger part and making it a snow only trip to himachal.

Will do ranthambore during off season(after new years rush)
Old 6th December 2006, 11:38   #21
Team-BHP Support

Default Narkanda tips

Hi fellas!
We will go to Narkanda on the 22nd. Plan to be there for 3 nights.
Any tips on what to see? We have 2 half days and 2 full days to roam about over there.
I was thinking of seeing satluj, going to thanedar, hatu etc.,
Anybody been there?
Khaadu, I think you will have a good idea!
Old 6th December 2006, 20:09   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Hi fellas!
We will go to Narkanda on the 22nd. Plan to be there for 3 nights.
Any tips on what to see? We have 2 half days and 2 full days to roam about over there.
I was thinking of seeing satluj, going to thanedar, hatu etc.,
Anybody been there?
Khaadu, I think you will have a good idea!
Hey, Nothing too special to see there but u can do the following things ... See if its driveable upto Haatu temple -- but ask the locals there if there are any ice patches or not on that 6 km stretch . It can be a pain trying to turn around , its a very narrow stretch . If there is news of Ice ... drive upto the first lil clearing where there is a Gujjar shack -- park ur car and then walk up the rest . LOOONG WALK ...

You can drive upto Sarahan temple ... you will get to drive along the Sutlej as well -- Sarahan is about 100+ kms one way but a quick drive as the roads are broad and smooth tarmac , speeds of upto 130-140 can be touched .

You can visit my house ... I wont be there but mom will be there and wud be glad to have you over for lunch ( NO FORMAILITIES ) . The oldest church in North India is right next to my house ..

Just remember its freezing .... so carry plenty of woolens !!! It will get dark by round 4.30 , and cold its pretty much thru the day . You can pray its a white X-mas .... though getting out may be a lil tuff then -- about 5-6 kms of snow filled road ... call me if that situation arises .

Also if you and your wife want ... instead of staying in Narkanda pls feel free to stay at my house . No 5 star services , but definitely better than any accomo available in Narkanda . Ull enjoy the trip much more !! In return you can treat me to KF's whenever I start drinking again -- WAT SAY U ??

Call me if you have any farther questions or if you need any help ....

Cheers
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2006, 20:26   #23
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the offer Khaadu!! Too bad we already booked otherwise it would have been wonderful staying at your place
We will try to visit for lunch!
So is your place right next to Narkanda?
PM me your number, I will get in touch with you!
Old 6th December 2006, 21:12   #24
Senior - BHPian

Kya yaar you delhi people don't even have each other's numbers, shame on all of you!! Anyways PM'ed you the number Tanveer.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2006, 01:14   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks for the offer Khaadu!! Too bad we already booked otherwise it would have been wonderful staying at your place
We will try to visit for lunch!
So is your place right next to Narkanda?
PM me your number, I will get in touch with you!
Hey, Where have u booked ??? Maybe I can get it cancelled ... , my place is 16 kms from Narkanda towards Thanedar though you turn of a few kms before u reach Thanedar .

Seems Ishan has PMd u my number ... call me if u need any farther assistance

Cheers
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote