Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 5th December 2006, 15:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Ranjit, you mentioned a couple of days in Delhi....when??? The only map I can send you at the moment is on how to reach my place for a drink & a bite
Hey can I come too? I think we should organise something once Ranjit is here. Ranjit can you confirm your date of arrival? We can have him as the next cheap guest at our meet

Last edited by iraghava : 5th December 2006 at 15:25.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2006, 18:11   #17
BHPian

Default Tips on chamba visit

I have been to chamba in the month of Oct 06.
The place is quite nice.

When travelling from delhi,you can stop for a short break on Big bite which falls on Meerut by pass and Chital grand which falls Near to khatuali.

Chamba is a nice place to relax you can also visit Dhanualti as the place is quite near say 30 km hill road.

You have to take the route towards narendra nagar from Rishekesh.The road is in good condition.

If you tend to stop in narendra nagar for a which then kindly visit Ananda in the himalayas.it is build on a place.

In chamba there are not much of a places to visit,it is good place to relax and enjoy with your family.

In case you want a travel checklist please let me know.

Thanks
Anupam
anupam00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2006, 19:51   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
...We can have him as the next cheap guest at our meet
What are these 'meets' you guys have in Delhi?? Would be happy to be the 'cheap' guest, just as long as the rest of you come loaded .
ranjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2006, 21:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjit View Post
What are these 'meets' you guys have in Delhi?? Would be happy to be the 'cheap' guest, just as long as the rest of you come loaded .
Well sir, I guess you're one of the very few people who have not yet heard of the famous Delhi meets! So please check these threads out for some examples:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...th-2006-a.html (Delhi Meet Report - Quite possibly the BEST TBHP Meet ever... (Aug 27th, 2006))

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ovember-5.html (Delhi Meet - November)

And don't worry we'll all be loaded for the meet!! Now confirm your visit dates so we can plan something!
Old 7th December 2006, 12:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

Ishan, he's passing through Delhi & is barely here for a couple of days...I think we'll not burden him with the onerous task of being the "cheap" guest at a meet (which in any case would only happen on a weekend)......maybe a quick drink if it works out for him; I'll cordinate & keep you posted if it happens
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2006, 12:43   #21
BHPian

Default Wow!

Quote:
Well sir, I guess you're one of the very few people who have not yet heard of the famous Delhi meets! So please check these threads out for some examples:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...th-2006-a.html (Delhi Meet Report - Quite possibly the BEST TBHP Meet ever... (Aug 27th, 2006))

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ovember-5.html (Delhi Meet - November)

And don't worry we'll all be loaded for the meet!! Now confirm your visit dates so we can plan something!
You guys sure know how to have fun! Checked the threads and was hit by the warm, joshing camaraderie. Would love to be able to attend another one of your bashes.

Should be in Delhi 20th to 22nd....maybe too short a notice to arrange things even for the great Ishaan?? (fingers crossed!!)
Old 7th December 2006, 17:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjit View Post
You guys sure know how to have fun! Checked the threads and was hit by the warm, joshing camaraderie. Would love to be able to attend another one of your bashes.

Should be in Delhi 20th to 22nd....maybe too short a notice to arrange things even for the great Ishaan?? (fingers crossed!!)
Arrey I'm just a normal guy, there's nothing great about me & that's a fact! But yes let's see we'll plan something out for you, we're trying to find something new to do so will keep you updated. But rest assured of a warm welcome in Delhi if not by the weather but certainly by the people!!
Old 7th December 2006, 21:34   #23
BHPian

Quote:
...But rest assured of a warm welcome in Delhi if not by the weather but certainly by the people!!

Much appreciated...thanks!!
Old 8th December 2006, 22:27   #24

Well,
Its very current and accurate and a relatively new site by a guy who has actually sent out guys to survey the roads and mark them on the website. I learnt about it in the newspaper and was impressed when I went to the site. they want India to be as searchable electronically as the US currently is!
Enjoy your trip!
Regards,
Safari dude

[With a fabulous moniker like yours, S.D., your tip about mapmyindia was equally great! It's quite fascinating, the details one can get out of it...now lets hope it's accurate!!]
safari dude is offline   Reply With Quote