Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2011, 22:02   #391
BHPian
 
kirantp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 384
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
It is called Hotel Aryaas.
Does this hotel come on the left while going towards Vellore from BLR or from the opposite direction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull76 View Post
Reg: Silk Sarees ensure to buy genuine one ( lot of fake ones available in kanchi ). It's better to go for government supported weavers co-operative society shops ( couple of them like anna society are in gandhi road,kanchipuram )
Very valid point to be noted. Thanks mate.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th November 2011 at 00:43. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
kirantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2011, 07:55   #392
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: ............
Posts: 3,261
Thanked: 4,207 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Pondicherry : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
Does this hotel come on the left while going towards Vellore from BLR or from the opposite direction?
Hotel Aryaas is located on LHS of the service road near the junction of Katpadi Road below the flyover while going from Bangalore towards Chennai.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2011, 16:21   #393
BHPian
 
supratim07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 64
Thanked: 29 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Pondicherry : Route Queries

Need to know if any one took Bangalore->Krishnagiri->Vellore->Arcot->Cheyyar->Vandavasi->Tindivanam->Pondy route as i am planning for a trip during Christmas time.
supratim07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2011, 11:11   #394
BHPian
 
kirantp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 384
Thanked: 129 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Pondicherry : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Hotel Aryaas is located on LHS of the service road near the junction of Katpadi Road below the flyover while going from Bangalore towards Chennai.
Friends,

The google maps by default gives the BLR->Kolar->Mulbagal->(NH4-NH234) ->Vellore->Kanchipuram->Pondy route as shown below:

1) Wanted to know if this route is good to do upto Vellore since the route becomes common all the way to Pondy from Vellore
2) This route says it is 20 KMS shorter than doing BLR->Krishnagiri->Vellore->Kanchi->......->Pondy.

It would be great if anybody who has done this before can help clarify this.

Name:  BLRVellore.JPG
Views: 1550
Size:  29.1 KB
kirantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2011, 11:14   #395
BHPian
 
aravind84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 212
Thanked: 147 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Pondicherry : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
Friends,

The google maps by default gives the BLR->Kolar->Mulbagal->(NH4-NH234) ->Vellore->Kanchipuram->Pondy route as shown below:

1) Wanted to know if this route is good to do upto Vellore since the route becomes common all the way to Pondy from Vellore
2) This route says it is 20 KMS shorter than doing BLR->Krishnagiri->Vellore->Kanchi->......->Pondy.

It would be great if anybody who has done this before can help clarify this.

Attachment 843751
Kiran, this route is a 2 lane highway with no medians. This is the route the state buses take and in comparison the Hosur highway is a 6 lan highway which is very safe and you can do some good speeds of 100+ on this route. You would not feel the extra kms in any way.
aravind84 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2011, 11:20   #396
BHPian
 
kirantp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 384
Thanked: 129 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Pondicherry : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind84 View Post
Kiran, this route is a 2 lane highway with no medians. This is the route the state buses take and in comparison the Hosur highway is a 6 lan highway which is very safe and you can do some good speeds of 100+ on this route. You would not feel the extra kms in any way.
Aravind, Thanks for the quick response. I know about the Hosur route as I have done it many times before. I was curious to know about this route which google map always throws up by default. Now that I have what I wanted, I will better stick to the good ol Hosur route

Cheers,
Kiran
kirantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2011, 10:05   #397
BHPian
 
subbarp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 237
Thanked: 80 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Pondicherry : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by supratim07 View Post
Need to know if any one took Bangalore->Krishnagiri->Vellore->Arcot->Cheyyar->Vandavasi->Tindivanam->Pondy route as i am planning for a trip during Christmas time.
that is the most recommended route on this forum and I would agree (traveled down that route earlier this year). There is huge amount of description on that route including detailed maps and other stuff if you read through previous posts on this thread.
subbarp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 11:27   #398
BHPian
 
nareshtrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 392
Thanked: 284 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Pondicherry : Route Queries

Has anyone visited the The Dune Ecovillage and Spa near Pondicherry? Feedback appreciated. Thanks.
nareshtrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 11:36   #399
BHPian
 
aravind84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 212
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao
Has anyone visited the The Dune Ecovillage and Spa near Pondicherry? Feedback appreciated. Thanks.
Hi,

Dune is one of the best you ll find in pondi. Their cottages are excellent and good value for money.

I would suggest you to look at our very own Yeti blog on the travelogue to see his comments on the place

Also my sis went there earlier this year and she just could not stop praising it.
Expect a nice calm relaxed stay
aravind84 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2011, 21:10   #400
BHPian
 
kirantp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 384
Thanked: 129 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Pondicherry : Route Queries

How about St. James Court Beach resort? There a few good reviews on this as well. Appreciate if anyone in the forum can share their experience and views if they had been there.
kirantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2011, 17:20   #401
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 6
Thanked: 0 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Pondicherry : Route Queries

Hi All,

I am just back from a trip to Chennai and Pondy from Bangalore. I just wanted to update you guys on the road conditions.

For Bangalore-Chennai, I took the usual route - B'lore->Hosur->Krishnagiri->Vellore->Chennai.
Chennai - Pondy, I took the ECR which is a beautiful road to drive on. There was very little traffic and I could easily cruise at 90-100 kph without any problems.

For coming back from Pondy to Bangalore, decided to take the following route after going through all the posts on TBHP.

Pondy->Tindivanam->vandavasi->Kancheepuram->Vellore->Krishnagiri->Hosur->Bangalore.

Road condition from Pondy to Tindivanam is beautiful 4-laned highway. Toll is not being collected on this stretch as of now.
Tindivanam to vandavasi is a 2-laned SH, which is in OK state. But the problem started from vandavasi to Kancheepuram. The road is horrible with huge potholes every 50 mts. It took me almost 1 hr to cover a distance of just 30-35kms.

After Kancheepuram, we join the Chennai-Krishnagiri NH.

So, anyone travelling to Pondy via kanchhepuram, beware of the stretch between Kanchee and Tindivanam.

Thanks,
Goutham
goWaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2011, 18:58   #402
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,349
Thanked: 8,165 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Pondicherry : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by goWaggy View Post
Tindivanam to vandavasi is a 2-laned SH, which is in OK state. But the problem started from vandavasi to Kancheepuram. The road is horrible with huge potholes every 50 mts. It took me almost 1 hr to cover a distance of just 30-35kms.

After Kancheepuram, we join the Chennai-Krishnagiri NH.

So, anyone travelling to Pondy via kanchhepuram, beware of the stretch between Kanchee and Tindivanam.

Thanks,
Goutham
You should have taken the Cheyyar road from Vandavasi instead of Kanchi.
This would then continue to Arcot where you the 4L highway. That's the more preferred option.

It also saves the effort to cross Kanchi.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2011, 12:24   #403
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 6
Thanked: 0 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Pondicherry : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
You should have taken the Cheyyar road from Vandavasi instead of Kanchi.
This would then continue to Arcot where you the 4L highway. That's the more preferred option.

It also saves the effort to cross Kanchi.

In hindsight, Cheyyar road was a better option. But I wanted to travel the maximum distance on 4 laned highways, hence took the Kancheepuram route although its a longer route.
goWaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 10:06   #404
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 98
Thanked: 27 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Pondicherry : Route Queries

Hi,

I am planning to go to Pondy in Jan 2012, please suggest the best road from Bangalore and also let me know the deviations to take at.

Rajesh
Rajesh1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 10:50   #405
Senior - BHPian
 
Schoudhury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Blore/Dallas-TX
Posts: 1,068
Thanked: 468 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Pondicherry : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh1968 View Post
Hi,

I am planning to go to Pondy in Jan 2012, please suggest the best road from Bangalore and also let me know the deviations to take at.

Rajesh
Rajesh.
There are a couple of routes which you can take to go to pondi.
Search the forum you will get all of them and then decide which one suits you the best.

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rajahmundry to Pondicherry : Route Queries penpusher Route / Travel Queries 11 11th November 2015 08:47
Bangalore-Pondicherry : Best route to take? binz Route / Travel Queries 4 27th May 2009 10:04
Bangalore -Thiruvannamalai - Pondicherry route. Ram Pratap Route / Travel Queries 2 25th September 2007 15:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks