Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 9th September 2007, 15:37   #16
BHPian

Think I saw these folks on ORR 3-4 weeks back. Couldn't take pics.

@max8719, so how was the trip?
WhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007, 15:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Quite a long journey, you will be retracing the journey (till Kolkata) what Abhijit Roy did last year.
The overnight halts depends on your driving speeds and your options to stop by en route.
But ideally,
Bangalore-Tirupati-Nellore-Vijayawada-Rajahmundry (Vizag is difficult unless you are very fast)
Rajahmundry-Visakhapatnam-Bhubaneswar
Bhubaneswar-Jaleshwar-Kharagpur-Kolkata
Kolkata-Durgapur-Moregaon-Kishanganj-Siliguri (alternatively Kolkata-Krishnanagar-Behrampur-Malda-Kishnaganj-Siliguri)
Kumar
Here is the travelogue for your reference (go through the thread, there are some more updates as well)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...e-kolkata.html (Travelogue: Bangalore to Kolkata)

If you are fast and steady, you can do Blr - Vizag in a day (5AM from Blr, Vizag at 9PM)
5AM: Start from Bangalore (preferable carry breakfast to save time or stop about 20km before Tirupati on the SH, there is a nice breakfast joint)
12Noon: Lunch at Ongole A1 Plaza (also refuel)
You can halt for a small tea break plus refuel at Vijayawada A1 Plaza (actually it is near Nuzvid, 30km from Vijayawada)
Early Dinner at Yelamanchili A1 Plaza and reach Vizag by 9-10PM...

Roads are better in Kolkata side so you can do Vizag - Kol in a day (long day)

Dont take Kolkata - Malda (NH34) rather take the GQ route as mentioned by Kumar Sir

Quote:
Kolkata-Durgapur-Moregaon-Kishanganj-Siliguri (alternatively Kolkata-Krishnanagar-Behrampur-Malda-Kishnaganj-Siliguri)
Kumar Sir, It is about 20km before Durgapur (the place is called DarjeelingMore)
Kolkata - DarjeelingMore(on NH2, then right turn, follow the Siuri route) - Siuri - Rampurhat - Takipur - Moregram (hit NH34 again here) then the normal Farakka - Malda - Siliguri route...

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007, 20:22   #18
BANNED

I had spoke to this guy (Max####) when he was in Cochin. They were going in a group and was doing this for some non profitable organisation. They also had a cricket match with the locals here.
I get a phone call in the wee hours of a december morning asking me: Dude! you have any idea how to play cricket? I was more than shockked, struck and surprised! No, No! Not because of the time (I was wide awake then), but due to the fact that these guys are totally nuts!
Man! These people were buying a 2nd hand autorickshaw, painting it, setting it up with ICE etc and then leaving in a group and something called autorickshaw run was the name.

They were some funny group of young and old guys (Many foreigners and NRIs). I am sure they all had fun all the way to Darjeeling. Didn't get to speak to him after he left Cochin. Tried calling him a lot, but I didn't get any response from his number.

I am not in a mood to search now. But I remember there was a thread discussing about this somewhere on the forum.

Last edited by speedzak : 9th September 2007 at 20:24.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007, 22:52   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
I had spoke to this guy (Max####) when he was in Cochin. They were going in a group and was doing this for some non profitable organisation. They also had a cricket match with the locals here.
I get a phone call in the wee hours of a december morning asking me: Dude! you have any idea how to play cricket? I was more than shockked, struck and surprised! No, No! Not because of the time (I was wide awake then), but due to the fact that these guys are totally nuts!
Man! These people were buying a 2nd hand autorickshaw, painting it, setting it up with ICE etc and then leaving in a group and something called autorickshaw run was the name.

They were some funny group of young and old guys (Many foreigners and NRIs). I am sure they all had fun all the way to Darjeeling. Didn't get to speak to him after he left Cochin. Tried calling him a lot, but I didn't get any response from his number.

I am not in a mood to search now. But I remember there was a thread discussing about this somewhere on the forum.

[COLOR=#0000ff]http://www.linux-faqs.com/[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]http://www.indianadventure.co.uk/[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]http://www.eparts.co.in[/COLOR]

Check out the above links. Peeyush Maurya is his name, we had a few email exchanges during the planning of his trip, and also got some SMS updates during the course of the trip.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 14:33   #20

Got it. Now on to planning.
And the budget part.

Cheers,
Chirantan
chirantanaranya is offline   Reply With Quote