Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 23rd November 2015, 20:17   #406
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71-Blackbird View Post
Out of the 3 options below, which would be the best route to hyatt place from Bangalore?
Tumkur - Hiriyur - Ballari - Tornagallu - hyatt
- Take this option. Hiriyur-Bellary is a belter. Of course there are humps when you hit villages. Never the less its beautiful.
Here is a glimpse.
Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries-img_20151004_123333023_hdr_lr.jpg

- Then you get on to Bellary bypass by taking the railway cross.
- Road from this point to Torangallu has some killer humps and the road is also quite bad. Traffic is also quite heavy.

Quote:
I am not considering Chitradurga - Kudligi - Sandur - hyatt as it was reported to be in a very bad state by condor earlier in this thread.
Sandur option is a strict NO. Road in shambles. Add to it all the tippers.

Quote:
Also, is the google maps suggested route from Hampi to Badami via Kushtagi the best route to take?
Go via Tornagallu and take the Hospet bypass. I think Kushtagi road is a better option. But do check with locals once.

Quote:
Will there be parking available in Hampi so that we can park and visit all the places by walk?
Or is it recommended that we hire a 2 wheeler or an auto rickshaw from the hotel?
Ask at the hotel, for cab and driver. Its worth it. Plus get a full day guide at Hampi. Is worth it.

Quote:
Since, this trip would mainly be for the drive and to do some photography and since it would be my first visit to these places, are there any not to miss places/view points other than the regular attractions?
It takes about 6 hours to reach Hampi. So later after noon from Hyatt would be difficult to explore full of Hampi. And you also say, the next day you are heading to Badami. That some how does not do justice to Hampi. You will need at least a near full day for Hampi.

Last edited by ampere : 23rd November 2015 at 20:36.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2015, 20:25   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
It takes about 6 hours to reach Hampi. So later after noon from Hyatt would be difficult to explore full of Hampi. And you also say, the next day you are heading to Badami. That some how does not do justice to Hampi. You will need at least a near full day for Hampi.
Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

During my onward journey to Badami, I will be staying in Hampi only for a day.
But on the way back, I will be staying in Hampi for 3 days at the royal orchid in Hospet! I think you missed seeing that.

Hoping that would give me enough time to explore Hampi!

Last edited by SR71-Blackbird : 23rd November 2015 at 20:27.
SR71-Blackbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2015, 20:27   #408
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hoping that would give me enough time to explore Hampi!
Sorry. I wanted to ask, but forgot. If you spend 3 days on return, then what is the motive to stay at Hyatt while going? No doubt its a great place to stay.

Edit: Here is the route from Bellary bypass. Notice the exit point: Route Link

Last edited by ampere : 23rd November 2015 at 20:30.
Old 23rd November 2015, 20:39   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Sorry. I wanted to ask, but forgot. If you spend 3 days on return, then what is the motive to stay at Hyatt while going? No doubt its a great place to stay.
I had some membership points at hyatt which were expiring soon with which I could get a free room.
Also, I didn't want to drive all the way from Whitefield, Bangalore to Badami on a single day.

And since, I was taking the whole week off, we decided to start a day early and stay there for a day. I am planning to visit the Vani Vilas Sagar Dam near Hiriyur on the way and also the Tungabhadra dam on the first day.
SR71-Blackbird is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2015, 07:37   #410
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
And since, I was taking the whole week off, we decided to start a day early and stay there for a day. I am planning to visit the Vani Vilas Sagar Dam near Hiriyur on the way and also the Tungabhadra dam on the first day.
Vani Vilas is good. But TB dam will be a bit too much. Becuase you go all the way to Hospet and come back and head again in the same direction the next day!
Old 18th December 2015, 16:51   #411
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries

Me headed to hampi as well in a weeks time. But i progress from there to Hubli. Google suggests just one route via Koppal and Gadag. Is this the prefered route as well.
Second question is i further progress to Sirsi from Hubli. I would believe Hubli - Tadas - Mundgod - Yekkambi is the prefered route to Sirsi?
And finally, how is the stretch between Yekkambi and Haveri. I wish to take NH4 on my return journey to Bangalore. I have done Sirsi Shimoga Bangalore. But thats pretty long route.
Lightening-Fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2015, 17:26   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightening-Fast View Post

Second question is i further progress to Sirsi from Hubli. I would believe Hubli - Tadas - Mundgod - Yekkambi is the prefered route to Sirsi?

And finally, how is the stretch between Yekkambi and Haveri. I wish to take NH4 on my return journey to Bangalore. I have done Sirsi Shimoga Bangalore. But thats pretty long route.

Hubli-Tadas-Mundgod is a lil patchy and broken at sections. For peace of mind take Hubli-Yellapur on NH63 and then Yellapur-Sirsi.

Incase you are contemplating Mundgod route, Mundgod Yekkambi is excellent throughout - a little narrow but easily doable, hardly any traffic. Same with Akki Alur to Sirsi. Watch out for potholes near the Medical Institute near Sirsi.

You can refer to this:-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3850210 (Bangalore to Sirsi via Halageri)

Cheers,
Aniketh

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Team-BHP
drhoneycake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2015, 22:02   #413

I'm driving down to Bellary from Bangalore in a couple of days. I'm thinking about doing Bangalore-Anantapur-Bellary.

Any reason to not take this route?

I'm travelling with family, and am looking for recommendations on places to stop at on the way - eateries, etc.

Thank you!

K.
karthiksubraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2015, 08:39   #414
BHPian

Please avoid this route, stick to Hiriyur-Challakere-Bellary road, easily doeable in 4-5 hours. The roads around the borders of Karnataka and AP are horrible.

Last edited by deehunk : 24th December 2015 at 08:40.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2015, 14:08   #415
BHPian

Need info on the route to take from Bangalore - Chitradurga. One of my friend needs to travel tomorrow evening and he was planning to go via Hassan. The last time I went via Hassan the roads were not so good. Any suggestions guys?
TorqueyTechie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2015, 14:12   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Need info on the route to take from Bangalore - Chitradurga. One of my friend needs to travel tomorrow evening and he was planning to go via Hassan.
Why does your friend wants to travel via Hassan to Chitradurga? Check if it is Chikmagalur. Bangalore to Chitradurga is a pretty straight forward drive on NH4.
deehunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2015, 14:16   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Why does your friend wants to travel via Hassan to Chitradurga? Check if it is Chikmagalur. Bangalore to Chitradurga is a pretty straight forward drive on NH4.
Sorry my bad! It was supposed to be via Tumkur. We were discussing about hassan for something else and it got mixed up. How is the condition of the road? And is it doable in 3 hours if he starts by 4 pm?

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 28th December 2015 at 14:17.
TorqueyTechie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2015, 15:06   #418
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
How is the condition of the road? And is it doable in 3 hours if he starts by 4 pm?
Starting at 4 pm - I would give 4 hours. You will be delayed getting out of the city and some upto Tumkur.

Last edited by condor : 28th December 2015 at 15:19.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2015, 15:10   #419
BHPian

The road is in good condition, if he starts at 4.00pm, it will take 2 hours to reach Tumkur. From Tumkur add another 2 hours.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2015, 10:24   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Starting at 4 pm - I would give 4 hours. You will be delayed getting out of the city and some upto Tumkur.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
The road is in good condition, if he starts at 4.00pm, it will take 2 hours to reach Tumkur. From Tumkur add another 2 hours.
Thanks Condor and deehunk. He is starting an hour early to reach there on time.

Would the traffic still be more considering that today is a working day and some of the people are already out of city?
TorqueyTechie is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote