Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 27th July 2017, 16:20   #601

Default Re: Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries

Planning for a Bangalore - Hampi trip coming weekend.
Any updates on chitradurga - hospete route ?
Will it be better to take the hiriyur - challakere - ballari route ?
Plan to start by 5am from Bangalore and hit one of these routes in broad day light.
Also suggest good places for breakfast on the bangalore - chitradurga highway, preferably three hours from bangalore.
dk7729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2017, 00:01   #602
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk7729 View Post
Planning for a Bangalore - Hampi trip coming weekend.
Any updates on chitradurga - hospete route ?
Will it be better to take the hiriyur - challakere - ballari route ?
I think there was a recent update on this thread for Chitradurga-hospet route. The road widening has progressed well so this option is good, more so if you're staying at Hospet.
Breakfast options - inside Chitradurga town there is a Mysore cafe and Lakshmi tiffins both near the fort and probably a 2-3 km detour from the highway.
There is also a Ravi Kamat (in the Ravi Mayur International Hotel campus) on Service road leading to Hospet road exit. See earlier posts, there is a picture of the building as well.

Last edited by NPV : 28th July 2017 at 00:03.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 12:18   #603

Thanks NPV for that input.

Just back from a trip to Hampi. Took the Chitradurga - Hospet road.
4-laning work is in full swing and for short stretches, one side of the newly laid road is open for use. The older road shows its age and is broken in most parts. Multiple speed breakers delay the progress. Overall took approx 3 hours to cover this stretch.
dk7729 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 15:51   #604
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk7729 View Post
4-laning work is in full swing and for short stretches, one side of the newly laid road is open for use. The older road shows its age and is broken in most parts. Multiple speed breakers delay the progress.
Thanks for the update!

I'd suggested the same route to another friend who traveled recently and I'd also cautioned him against night driving on the Chitradurga-Hospet and Hiriyur-Bellary routes, but his plan was finalized. He did a night drive on the Chitradurga-Hospet route and messaged me next morning saying it was absolutely pathetic

I think that perspective was only because it was a night drive and the 4 laning work, deviations and speed breakers together are big irritants. For a day drive, this route should be a lot better if destination is Hospet.
Old 2nd August 2017, 22:43   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Thanks for the update!

I'd suggested the same route to another friend who traveled recently and I'd also cautioned him against night driving on the Chitradurga-Hospet and Hiriyur-Bellary routes, but his plan was finalized. He did a night drive on the Chitradurga-Hospet route and messaged me next morning saying it was absolutely pathetic

I think that perspective was only because it was a night drive and the 4 laning work, deviations and speed breakers together are big irritants. For a day drive, this route should be a lot better if destination is Hospet.
I will be doing a trip to Hampi, leaving BTM Layout Bangalore, on August 13th morning at around 6 AM. Google Maps is suggesting one route via, Hiriyur, Challakere..and the other via Anatapur, Ballari. Please tell me which is better route, in terms of road conditions and food break on the way.

Thanks & Regards,
Narayan
iamnarayang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2017, 23:03   #606
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnarayang View Post
Google Maps is suggesting one route via, Hiriyur, Challakere..and the other via Anatapur, Ballari. Please tell me which is better route, in terms of road conditions and food break on the way.
If your destination is Hospet, then take Chitradurga-hospet.

Looking at the map link, I think you're heading to Toranagallu (Hyatt ?), so you can take the Hiriyur-challakere route but remember hardly any facilities, so carry some food/snacks, water). The Hospet route is not too different, very few decent options for breaks.

I do not have much of an idea on the Anantapur-Ballari route, the roads upto ananthpur are awesome, possibly even to Ballari from there, maybe you will need to traverse or bypass the city to get to Toranagallu.
Old 3rd August 2017, 01:48   #607
BHPian

Quote:

I do not have much of an idea on the Anantapur-Ballari route, the roads upto ananthpur are awesome, possibly even to Ballari from there, maybe you will need to traverse or bypass the city to get to Toranagallu.
I had travelled Anantapur-Bellary route last October and it was good. Barring a few deserted stretches and speedhumps through every village enroute, this took me less than 5 hours from Whitefield.
luvurride is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2017, 10:33   #608
BHPian

Quote:
If your destination is Hospet, then take Chitradurga-hospet.

Looking at the map link, I think you're heading to Toranagallu (Hyatt ?), so you can take the Hiriyur-challakere route but remember hardly any facilities, so carry some food/snacks, water). The Hospet route is not too different, very few decent options for breaks.

Thanks. I will be staying at Toranagallu, but not at Hyatt. I will be at a hotel called Hotel Rock Regency, opposite to JSW. Couldn't get any other hotel, as it is a long weekend, August 13th to 15th. I guess, I will be taking the Anantapur, Ballari route to Hampi and return via Chitaradurga.

Any breakfast suggestion on Anatapur route? I don't know of any decent place, after Nandi Upachar at Nandi hills left turn. But that will be too early for breakfast.
Thanks & Regards,
Narayan.
iamnarayang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2017, 13:28   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnarayang View Post

Any breakfast suggestion on Anatapur route? I don't know of any decent place, after Nandi Upachar at Nandi hills left turn. But that will be too early for breakfast.
Some decent hotels before Anantapur on NH-7
Nandi Upachar (~50kms) left side.
Kamat Upachar (~75kms) left side.
Swagath Delicacy (~85kms) left side.
Dolphin Restaurant (~200kms) right side.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 3rd August 2017 at 13:31.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote