Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 7th June 2016, 10:32   #91
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Hyderabad to Indore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
Folks,
I am planning a hyderabad - indore road trip with family.
Here are the options.
1. Hyd - nagpur- betul- bhopal - indore
2. Hyd - aurangabad - indore

HVK sir- tried sending you a PM as well however could not get through.
Hi did this drive of yours happen.If yes,could you kindly update latest road updates.

Anybody with the latest update on the best route from Hyd to indore.

Hyd-Nagpur-Betul-Timarni-Harda-Indore?:Approximate drive times between Betul and Indore pls?
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2017, 23:15   #92
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Hyderabad to Indore : Route Queries

What is the best route from Hyderabad to Indore? How long would it take if I start 5-6 am? Any other information would be helpful.

TIA,
Ashis
ashis89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2017, 00:43   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
What is the best route from Hyderabad to Indore? How long would it take if I start 5-6 am? Any other information would be helpful.

TIA,
Ashis
Hyderabad to Nagpur to Betul to Harda to Indore is the best route. The Harda to Indore is half good and half in bad condition might take you 5-6 hours for 150 kms. My suggestion take a halt near Nagpur and then continue next morning to Indore.
mercedised is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2017, 09:39   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Hyderabad to Nagpur to Betul to Harda to Indore is the best route. The Harda to Indore is half good and half in bad condition might take you 5-6 hours for 150 kms. My suggestion take a halt near Nagpur and then continue next morning to Indore.
Thanks!
I plan to start tomorrow afternoon (<2PM) and reach Nagpur before 10 PM, going almost non-stop. Is it a fair estimate? And is it safe?

Any idea about budget hotels in Nagpur for a single person to crash for the night?

Thanks again.

Ashis
Old 23rd September 2017, 09:50   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Thanks!
I plan to start tomorrow afternoon (<2PM) and reach Nagpur before 10 PM, going almost non-stop. Is it a fair estimate? And is it safe?

Any idea about budget hotels in Nagpur for a single person to crash for the night?

Thanks again.

Ashis
Safety wise there must not be any problem. I donot have any idea about budget hotels in Nagpur. I reside in Indore, let me know if you need any help in Indore.
Old 26th September 2017, 11:09   #96
Senior - BHPian

I took the Hyd-Nagpur-Betul-Harda-Indore route.

Day 1: Hyd-Nagpur
It took me 8 hours to cover 500 kms. The roads beyond Adilabad are not so good until Hingaghat.

Day 2: Nagpur-Indore
Took me 10 hours to cover 450 kms. Nagpur to Betul is very good. You will enjoy the view at Sausar.
Betul to Harda is okay. Though the roads are good, they are undivided. You will find a lot of local traffic. After Pathakheda, there are a lot of ghat sections. The road in this patch is bad but you will enjoy the winding roads surrounded by the dense forests. My average speed till this section was 50 kmph.

Cross Harda and the nightmare starts. After Khategaon, the roads have disappeared. Took me close to 3 hrs (will take an hour more if you decide to drive slowly and carefully) to cross a 80 km continuous patch of washed out road filled with mud, boulders and moon craters across the whole width of the road. Got ample opportunities to test the GC of my WagonR; passed some failed some. Even a Scorpio and a Bolero were finding it difficult to overtake me and tailed me for a good 20 odd kms.
Old 27th November 2017, 17:01   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
I reside in Indore,.
@Mercedised
Taking the liberty of asking you these questions since you're from the region and are very experienced:
1. How is the road from Bhopal- Betul?
2. Which is the best available road from Bhopal to Jabalpur?

I will be on the road for 3 weeks crisscrossing MP, hence asking. Would be really grateful for an answer.

Thanks in advance
Random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2017, 23:01   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random View Post
@Mercedised
Taking the liberty of asking you these questions since you're from the region and are very experienced:
1. How is the road from Bhopal- Betul?
2. Which is the best available road from Bhopal to Jabalpur?

I will be on the road for 3 weeks crisscrossing MP, hence asking. Would be really grateful for an answer.

Thanks in advance
Bhopal to betul is not good as per the last update I received, however security wise there are no concerns.

From Bhopal you must take Bhopal to Vidisha to Sagar to Damoh to Jabalpur.