Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 5th March 2007, 20:05   #1
BHPian

Default Nagpur to Mumbai

Dear T-bhpians , I had bitter experience when i had to move to nagpur 6 months ago, i sent my car with a packers and movers thay scratched my car & broke the head lamp.
Now i have to come back to bombay, I want some help with regards to the route to take wether i should come via nashik or is there a route via pune?
Pls help with the following,
Time and distance
Road stretches that are bad.
Good Places to fill fuel
Eating joints
Where i can get a tubeless tyre fixed .
Kaizer Sozay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2007, 20:11   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizer Sozay View Post
Dear T-bhpians , I had bitter experience when i had to move to nagpur 6 months ago, i sent my car with a packers and movers thay scratched my car & broke the head lamp.
and you never claimed the packers insurance?.
chanapli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2007, 11:21   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanapli View Post
and you never claimed the packers insurance?.
Oh i did much more than that, i took the entire damage amount from them then i refused to clear thier bill so i guess thats called getting even for messing with my car
Old 6th March 2007, 12:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

which car do you own?
Its just 825 kms. so no big deal. youll need just 16 hours max. including stoppages. leave at 5.30am and youll be in Mumbai by9/9.30 pm.last year i did it in 14 hrs.
the roads are by and large good except for some stretches. via nasik is shorter, via pune[not excatly touching pune] is longer by 100 kms and just a lil better road. 11nd tank full and your in mumbai!!
if you decide to, let me know and ill get you the best route from my truck driver.
scooby05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2007, 12:22   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
which car do you own?
Its just 825 kms. so no big deal. youll need just 16 hours max. including stoppages. leave at 5.30am and youll be in Mumbai by9/9.30 pm.last year i did it in 14 hrs.
the roads are by and large good except for some stretches. via nasik is shorter, via pune[not excatly touching pune] is longer by 100 kms and just a lil better road. 11nd tank full and your in mumbai!!
if you decide to, let me know and ill get you the best route from my truck driver.
Wow thanks i have a Zen mpfi and i really love speeding, got a free flow and K&n and some other mods
can u pls give me some more details would really appreciate it
Old 11th March 2007, 14:07   #6
BHPian

Default Help!!!!

I am leaving on Sunday 18th from nagpur. Pls let me know any more details if anyone can. Is it adviseable to drive 900 kms on this route in one day?
Old 12th March 2007, 02:11   #7
BHPian

Kaizer, its good you managed to squeeze their wallets...have a safe drive from home though..cheers and 900 kms is no sweat.
nitroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2007, 10:04   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizer Sozay View Post
I am leaving on Sunday 18th from nagpur. Pls let me know any more details if anyone can. Is it adviseable to drive 900 kms on this route in one day?
It depends on whether you are comfortable with such long journeys or not.
I would advice to take someone with you who also has highway driving experience so that you can share driving responsibilities. To be on safer side.

The car will be easily able to handle it don't worry about the car.

Quote:
Where i can get a tubeless tyre fixed .
You can buy tubeless repair kit at any big tyre shop.

Do remember to checkout Team-BHP guide to preparing for road trip
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...road-trip.html
adya33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2007, 15:42   #9
BHPian

Default The Journey

I had to drive my car from Nagpur to Mumbai, since my job required me to be relocated
I didn’t trust any of the packers & movers after last times bitter experience.
So along with a dear friend & t-bhpian MOZ, stated out armed with a full tank of Gas and the Eicher Road Atlas of India.
For Starters If anyone of you want to embark on such a road trip from Nagpur to Mumbai, my sincere Request to you would be DON’T!!!. You might end up loosing a friend and gaining a backache. Besides these there is nothing else worth mentioning about this road. There is no scenery just a lot of dry countryside.
We started out after watching India’s humiliating defeat to Bangladesh which got over at 2.30 am & for want of some solace we decided to start our road trip at 3 AM .
The Road to Amravati is bad as there is a lot of construction happening here.
The Akola By pass was a very welcome relief but its only of a very short distance. Around 15 kms... By & Large the road till Dhule is fair, certain stretches are nice where one can ease their legs and hit around 100, but as the whole route is single lane and the truck traffic is very high its not advisable to go any faster. The road till here was very drive able with around 40% road being bumpy. The Avg Speed Maintainable is around 50
We had reached Dhule around 1.30 in the after noon the Signboard said Nashik 159Kms. We both decided to push and estimated our arrival time at Nashik would be around 4pm where we could have really great food and chill for some time.
Never have I ever come across a stretch of road that is so Pathetic A Distance of 159 Kms took us 4.30 hours.
There is an entire ghat section 60 kms before nashik that doesn’t have any semblance of a road surface. The entire stretch of 5 kms is just DIRT road.
If it wasn’t for bad road the entire journey time could have easily shortened by 3 hours.
One observation is that I still managed to Get an FE of a little over 20 with the AC on and Driving with a very heavy foot. As I was pushing hard to get back to Mumbai.
I’m certain if the road was better would have been to get a Much Better FE.
My Car needs a Nice Service and My friend is still mad at me for a lousy road trip.
Dist Time
Nagpur Amravati 176 2.50
Amravati Akola 99 2.00
Akola Jalgoan 187 4.50
Jalgaon Dhule 84 1.40
Dhule Nashik 159 4.20
Nashik Thane 148 3.15
Thane Andheri 34 1.00
887 19.00

Last edited by Kaizer Sozay : 19th March 2007 at 15:45.
Kaizer Sozay is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction