Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2010, 14:10   #541
BHPian
 
drive_or_die's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: KA 51/ PB 25
Posts: 87
Thanked: 10 Times
Thumbs up Nh7 & Nh4

Driven on NH4 Bangalore to Hubli (en route Goa), the road is AWESOME with couple of diversions (as of Sep 2010).

NH7, stretch from Bangalore to Hyderabad is BRILLIANT with 4 diversions (as of Sep 2010). Doing and maintaining 150 KMPH is easy and 120 KMPH seems pretty safe during day time as the some parts of road are arrow like straight and the roads are four lanes. Watch out for vehicles coming from opposite direction in your lane, these are generally locals who do not want to take U turn at specified places
drive_or_die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 12:29   #542
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 173
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Bangalore Chennai is outstanding! At times straight as an arrow.
I loved the scenic Mumbai Pune expressway as well.Bangalore - Pune would probably figure in my best 3 list
hallik9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 13:01   #543
BHPian
 
Kairalee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 146
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Some of the roads I enjoyed driving on:
  1. The Elivala-Hunsur (SH88).
  2. The NICE road in Bangalore
  3. Bangalore-Hubli (NH4), especially after Chitradurga
  4. Bangalore-Chennai (NH46) from Krishnagiri onwards
  5. The East Coast road (SH49) from Pondicherry to Chennai
Kairalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 12:08   #544
BHPian
 
shramik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 86
Thanked: 79 Times
Default Re: Nh7 & Nh4

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_or_die View Post
Driven on NH4 Bangalore to Hubli (en route Goa), the road is AWESOME with couple of diversions (as of Sep 2010).

NH7, stretch from Bangalore to Hyderabad is BRILLIANT with 4 diversions (as of Sep 2010). Doing and maintaining 150 KMPH is easy and 120 KMPH seems pretty safe during day time as the some parts of road are arrow like straight and the roads are four lanes. Watch out for vehicles coming from opposite direction in your lane, these are generally locals who do not want to take U turn at specified places
Check out the 93 Kms from Ahmedabad to Baroda termed "EXPRESWAY 1" You can hold 175 Kms eve in a Tata Marina, & still hae a few Mercs go past you !!!!
shramik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 01:12   #545
BHPian
 
camchennai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 336
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Best Roads In India ?

NH-45 joins the elite club of best roads in India.
Chennai to Dindigul
total distance - 472 KM
Excellent road condition and you can cruise at your own speed ( I have reached max 205).
Also this is one of the busiest highway in South India
camchennai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 08:19   #546
Senior - BHPian
 
mooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,056
Thanked: 245 Times
Default Re: Best Roads In India ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairalee View Post
Bangalore-Chennai (NH46) from Krishnagiri onward
So the road becomes less undulating after Krishnagiri ? I have driven only upto Krishnagiri from Bangalore, and found stretches with undulations / up and down movement
mooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 09:02   #547
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,354 Times
Default Re: Best Roads In India ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
NH-45 joins the elite club of best roads in India.
Chennai to Dindigul
total distance - 472 KM
Excellent road condition and you can cruise at your own speed ( I have reached max 205).
Also this is one of the busiest highway in South India
Is the widening of the Trichy-Dindigul sector complete?
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 14:32   #548
BHPian
 
Kairalee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 146
Thanked: 24 Times
Default Re: Best Roads In India ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
So the road becomes less undulating after Krishnagiri ? I have driven only upto Krishnagiri from Bangalore, and found stretches with undulations / up and down movement
Absolutely. The road to Chennai from Krishnagiri is almost straight the entire stretch and has very few undulations.
Kairalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2010, 06:10   #549
BHPian
 
camchennai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 336
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Best Roads In India ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Is the widening of the Trichy-Dindigul sector complete?
its in the completion stage, widening and road laying are over just some there are some intersection and culverts pending
camchennai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2010, 11:30   #550
Senior - BHPian
 
ac 427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,332
Thanked: 114 Times
Default Re: Best Roads In India ?

The Best Roads In India-dsc_0383.jpg

The Best Roads In India-dsc_0385.jpg

The Best Roads In India-dsc_0386.jpg

The Best Roads In India-dsc_0387.jpg

Very few would argue that twisties get better than these.

And yes these are in India.

Enjoy.
ac
ac 427 is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2010, 11:50   #551
Senior - BHPian
 
mooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,056
Thanked: 245 Times
Default Re: Best Roads In India ?

^^ Amazing twisties, looks too good to be true !

Please end the suspense and tell us where it is, so I can get there some time

Looks like separate roads / lanes for upcoming and downgoing traffic ?
mooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2010, 12:16   #552
BHPian
 
Kairalee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 146
Thanked: 24 Times
Default Re: Best Roads In India ?

Is this for real ?!?. Absolutely amazing view of the roads. Guess this shot was taken from some part of the road itself.

Yeah where is this place, please reveal that so we can put our trucks to an exciting test.
Kairalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2010, 13:14   #553
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,354 Times
Default Re: Best Roads In India ?

Of course, that must be the Zuluk sector in Sikkhim. Check out adc's travelogue in that area:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...k-jelepla.html (Along the Forgotten Trail- Silk Route-East Sikkim [Pedong-Rishi-Aritar-Zuluk-Jelepla])
hvkumar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2010, 14:19   #554
Senior - BHPian
 
ac 427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,332
Thanked: 114 Times
Default Re: Best Roads In India ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairalee View Post
Is this for real ?!?. Absolutely amazing view of the roads. Guess this shot was taken from some part of the road itself.

Yeah where is this place, please reveal that so we can put our trucks to an exciting test.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
^^ Amazing twisties, looks too good to be true !

Please end the suspense and tell us where it is, so I can get there some time

Looks like separate roads / lanes for upcoming and downgoing traffic ?
these roads are in sikkim, en-route to nathu la. There are 2 roads that lead to nathula, this is the longer one, goes via zuluk. Check my travelouge for the same.

this is one of the best roads i have ever been on.

cheers,
ac
ac 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2010, 18:48   #555
BHPian
 
phantom76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 88
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Best Roads In India ?

NH7. Bangalore to Kanyakumari. Absolute blast to drive.
phantom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Idukki-Kerala's best driving roads? rippergeo Travelogues 103 7th June 2012 06:29
Bangalore to Mettupalayam - Best motorable roads laluks Route / Travel Queries 3 14th November 2008 15:08
best gear oil & best coolant & best engine decarb: please cyneverdie Technical Stuff 7 19th October 2007 03:57
Best MUV for Indian roads navyajindal SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 17 12th June 2007 19:08
Best Roads In India ACI Article? - Help!!!! speedsatya Shifting gears 0 27th March 2005 10:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:06.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks