Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2015, 13:37   #2056
BHPian
 
maheshramaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bangalore or Bengaluru!!
Posts: 277
Thanked: 151 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

When I travelled yesterday through Krishnagiri and Atibelle toll - they do have the FastTag provisioned lane with all sensors but it was occupied by all vehicles. So - not sure how they plan to maintain discipline to not let non tag vehicles chocking it. Until then, the only benefit would be not waiting to pay or ask change but continue to be in the queue, because others in the front might not have a FastTag :(
maheshramaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2015, 14:23   #2057
Senior - BHPian
 
suresh_gs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: KA-01 / TN-22
Posts: 1,925
Thanked: 1,151 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshramaling View Post
When I travelled yesterday through Krishnagiri and Atibelle toll - they do have the FastTag provisioned lane with all sensors but it was occupied by all vehicles. So - not sure how they plan to maintain discipline to not let non tag vehicles chocking it. Until then, the only benefit would be not waiting to pay or ask change but continue to be in the queue, because others in the front might not have a FastTag :(
The lanes in the toll plaza must be clearly demarcated for vehicles that have FASTag and those which do not have. I would mark the leftmost lane for FASTag so that we can avoid criss crossing of vehicles to get in to the proper lane. Unfortunately lane disincline is found wanting that leads to traffic jam at toll plazas.
suresh_gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2015, 19:01   #2058
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 928
Thanked: 712 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
The lanes in the toll plaza must be clearly demarcated for vehicles that have FASTag and those which do not have. I would mark the leftmost lane for FASTag so that we can avoid criss crossing of vehicles to get in to the proper lane. Unfortunately lane disincline is found wanting that leads to traffic jam at toll plazas.

Counters will be removed from FASTag lane so that others don't block the way

Also, @suresh, the last lane is reserved for over-sized vehicles to pass through. In my observation, most of the tolls have either Lane 2 or Lane 3 marked for FASTag.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2015, 19:16   #2059
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,946
Thanked: 1,410 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
The lanes in the toll plaza must be clearly demarcated for vehicles that have FASTag and those which do not have.
It is not clear to me how they will stop vehicles without the tag from going through this dedicated lane.
binand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2015, 19:55   #2060
Senior - BHPian
 
suresh_gs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: KA-01 / TN-22
Posts: 1,925
Thanked: 1,151 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
It is not clear to me how they will stop vehicles without the tag from going through this dedicated lane.
You have raised a valid point. There is every possibility of users going into the dedicated lane without FASTag. I guess directions as to which vehicle must enter a particular lane must be given say 500 mts ahead of the toll plaza. Else we will have a new traffic jam courtesy this rule in addition to the already prevailing traffic at the toll plaza especially during long holidays.
suresh_gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2015, 19:59   #2061
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 928
Thanked: 712 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
You have raised a valid point. There is every possibility of users going into the dedicated lane without FASTag. I guess directions as to which vehicle must enter a particular lane must be given say 500 mts ahead of the toll plaza. Else we will have a new traffic jam courtesy this rule in addition to the already prevailing traffic at the toll plaza especially during long holidays.
Yes, there is a clear mark 500 metres before the Toll about the lane to choose.
However, i don't see any gate or so which opens when the RFID is scanned and amount is deducted.

IIRC the existing BETL Toll in Electronic city also doesn't have any gates to open/close automatically. Its just a pass through for those who are paying electronically/monthly pass.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2015, 13:51   #2062
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 928
Thanked: 712 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Question to those who drive frequently to Madras or towards Salem/beyond.

Any reliable petrol bunks in Hosur town to tank up before entering Attibelle/Bangalore ?

So far i am filling in Chinnar BP COCO to combine with break at A2B restaurant.
Just wondering, if we have reliable/good petrol bunks in Hosur town before entering KA.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2015, 13:55   #2063
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,521
Thanked: 8,444 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
So far i am filling in Chinnar BP COCO to combine with break at A2B restaurant.
Just wondering, if we have reliable/good petrol bunks in Hosur town before entering KA.

Not worth it I would say. Not from a bunk point of view, but more from a traffic point. I would rather not stop at Hosur but march forward and try to cover that stretch without getting caught in any traffic.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2015, 14:00   #2064
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: ............
Posts: 3,260
Thanked: 4,210 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Any reliable petrol bunks in Hosur town to tank up before entering Attibelle/Bangalore ?
There is one HP COCOO/e-terminal at Shoolagiri with attached McD, CCD and Sri Krishna Bhavan, located RHS of NH 7 while driving towards Bangalore.
J.Ravi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2015, 14:05   #2065
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 4,738
Thanked: 4,560 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Any reliable petrol bunks in Hosur town to tank up before entering Attibelle/Bangalore ?

So far i am filling in Chinnar BP COCO to combine with break at A2B restaurant.
Just wondering, if we have reliable/good petrol bunks in Hosur town before entering KA.
Chinnar BP COCO is a good option and is already a familiar stop for you or the Shoolagiri HP with McD, Krishna Inn. In fact before the HP, there is also an Indian Oil bunk with a large campus. These 3 are on left when going from Bangalore so I think they're better options.
Bunks in Hosur are mostly on right side, so may be painful to visit and get back unless you're driving towards Bangalore.

Last edited by NPV : 5th August 2015 at 14:06.
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2015, 14:09   #2066
Senior - BHPian
 
suresh_gs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: KA-01 / TN-22
Posts: 1,925
Thanked: 1,151 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Question to those who drive frequently to Madras or towards Salem/beyond.

Any reliable petrol bunks in Hosur town to tank up before entering Attibelle/Bangalore ?

So far i am filling in Chinnar BP COCO to combine with break at A2B restaurant.
Just wondering, if we have reliable/good petrol bunks in Hosur town before entering KA.

-Ravi
While coming along NH46 till you intersect the NH7, after you take a right turn towards Krishnagiri, there is a petrol bunk to your left. I usually fill there. Not sure about it's name though.
suresh_gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2015, 18:29   #2067
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 928
Thanked: 712 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Not worth it I would say. Not from a bunk point of view, but more from a traffic point. I would rather not stop at Hosur but march forward and try to cover that stretch without getting caught in any traffic.
Agreed from traffic perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
There is one HP COCOO/e-terminal at Shoolagiri with attached McD, CCD and Sri Krishna Bhavan, located RHS of NH 7 while driving towards Bangalore.
Yes J.Ravi sir. Am aware of it but i was checking to see if there is any good one inside Hosur town itself nearer to Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Chinnar BP COCO is a good option and is already a familiar stop for you or the Shoolagiri HP with McD, Krishna Inn. In fact before the HP, there is also an Indian Oil bunk with a large campus. These 3 are on left when going from Bangalore so I think they're better options.
Bunks in Hosur are mostly on right side, so may be painful to visit and get back unless you're driving towards Bangalore.
Yea, its too much to go opposite side and return to bangalore considering the traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
While coming along NH46 till you intersect the NH7, after you take a right turn towards Krishnagiri, there is a petrol bunk to your left. I usually fill there. Not sure about it's name though.
@Suresh, the one you are referring is also a BP petrol bunk which is small one that comes on LHS immediately after taking right.

Since all these petrol bunks are easily 70 to 90 kms away from Bangalore, was trying to see if there is one closer by before entering KA.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2015, 18:36   #2068
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,946
Thanked: 1,410 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Since all these petrol bunks are easily 70 to 90 kms away from Bangalore, was trying to see if there is one closer by before entering KA.
-Ravi
There is an IOCL (I think) pump a couple of km shy of the bridge that marks TN-KA border (just before you reach Ashok Leyland). It is usually hidden behind the parked trucks and is generally shabby to look at, but sells fuel at TN rates. I have filled here several times when I was doing Chennai-Bangalore regularly and never had a reason to complain.

Edit: Here it is, on Google Maps.

Last edited by binand : 5th August 2015 at 18:39.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2015, 19:00   #2069
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 928
Thanked: 712 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
There is an IOCL (I think) pump a couple of km shy of the bridge that marks TN-KA border (just before you reach Ashok Leyland). It is usually hidden behind the parked trucks and is generally shabby to look at, but sells fuel at TN rates. I have filled here several times when I was doing Chennai-Bangalore regularly and never had a reason to complain.

Edit: Here it is, on Google Maps.

Good to know @binand. Thanks for the information. I will try this out in my next trip.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2015, 19:23   #2070
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,521
Thanked: 8,444 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
There is an IOCL (I think) pump a couple of km shy of the bridge that marks TN-KA border (just before you reach Ashok Leyland). It is usually hidden behind the parked trucks and is generally shabby to look at, but sells fuel at TN rates. I have filled here several times when I was doing Chennai-Bangalore regularly and never had a reason to complain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Good to know @binand. Thanks for the information. I will try this out in my next trip.
I have used this bunk earlier. I think these days with the construction on-going, its possible, one might it miss it out, thanks to the flyovers.

These days I am not able to spot it easily.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chennai - Kumbakonam : Route Queries polopm Route / Travel Queries 433 11th November 2017 21:47
Chennai-Mumbai-Chennai route queries jeevmenon Route / Travel Queries 89 7th November 2017 14:40
Bangalore, Chennai via Chittoor : Route Queries Blue Thunder Route / Travel Queries 234 19th October 2017 18:25
Chennai - Coimbatore - Ooty : Route Queries bharanidharang Route / Travel Queries 218 29th September 2017 22:16
Chennai - Hampi : Route Queries saurabh711 Route / Travel Queries 35 19th December 2015 13:13


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:43.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks