Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2011, 13:15   #451
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,045
Thanked: 140 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Any inputs on how much the toll totals to between Bangalore & Chennai via the GQ?Also what are the eating options between Krishnagiri & Chennai?
I could be wrong but let me give you an indicative amounts.


Attibelle - 20
Krishnaigir - 25
Vaniyambadi 49
Pallikonda - 32
Walajah - 25
Sri Perumbudhur - 25

With regard to the eating options between Krishnagiri & Chennai will try to give you a few which I can think of.

1. Chola just before Vaniyambadi Toll, I remember seeing a new restaurant a couple of kms before the Vaniyambadi toll.
2. Landmark Motel between Vaniyambadi & Ambur what used to Roshin earlier.
3. Deepam Motel just after Pallikonda toll
4. Saravana Bhavan in Vellore (need to go inside the town)
5. Krishna Grand just after Vellore
6. Fisherman's Fare or something similar near Arcot
7. Sakthi Ganapathy at Kanchipuram Byepass
8. Arusuvai Arasu before Sunguvar Chattiram
9. Hotel Milestone before Sunguvar Chattiram
10. Cafe Coffee Day at Sri Perumbudhur Byepass
11. Muscat Bakery after Irungattukottai
12. The two Motels just before Poonamallee.

Unfortunately most of it are Veg only places. Depending on the time you are crossing Ambur you can try Biriyanis at Khaja restaurant.
pypkmsrikanth is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2011, 13:26   #452
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,567
Thanked: 1,685 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
I could be wrong but let me give you an indicative amounts.


Attibelle - 20
Krishnaigir - 25
Vaniyambadi 49
Pallikonda - 32
Walajah - 25
Sri Perumbudhur - 25

With regard to the eating options between Krishnagiri & Chennai will try to give you a few which I can think of.

1. Chola just before Vaniyambadi Toll, I remember seeing a new restaurant a couple of kms before the Vaniyambadi toll.
2. Landmark Motel between Vaniyambadi & Ambur what used to Roshin earlier.
3. Deepam Motel just after Pallikonda toll
4. Saravana Bhavan in Vellore (need to go inside the town)
5. Krishna Grand just after Vellore
6. Fisherman's Fare or something similar near Arcot
7. Sakthi Ganapathy at Kanchipuram Byepass
8. Arusuvai Arasu before Sunguvar Chattiram
9. Hotel Milestone before Sunguvar Chattiram
10. Cafe Coffee Day at Sri Perumbudhur Byepass
11. Muscat Bakery after Irungattukottai
12. The two Motels just before Poonamallee.

Unfortunately most of it are Veg only places. Depending on the time you are crossing Ambur you can try Biriyanis at Khaja restaurant.
Thanx Srikanth for the details,will definitely help.

Its surprising that for a distance of approx 400kms(Blr-Chennai) the total toll comes up to around INR180 only whereas on the Hyd-Blr stretch for a distance of 550kms,the toll almost touches INR 425!
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2011, 13:35   #453
BHPian
 
AvinashKeezh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 226
Thanked: 5 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
Attibelle - 20
Krishnaigir - 25
Vaniyambadi 49
Pallikonda - 32
Walajah - 25
Sri Perumbudhur - 25
Attibelle - 20
Krishnaigir - 25
Vaniyambadi 35
Pallikonda - 45
Walajah - 35(not very sure)
Sri Perumbudhur - 25 (not very sure)

I travel just upto Vellore so don't know if the Walajah & Sri Perumbudhur toll rates are correct.
AvinashKeezh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2011, 08:46   #454
BHPian
 
SuperSlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 182
Thanked: 82 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Hi, update on tolls from Chennai to BLR via the GQ from my side as well. These are the exact amounts I paid.

Sriperumbudur - Rs. 30/-
Chenasamudram - Rs. 25/-
Pallikonda - Rs. 45/-
Vaniyambadi - Rs. 35/-
Krishnagiri - Rs. 25/-
Attibele - Rs. 20/-
BLR Elevated Tollway - Rs. 35/-

Total Toll is Rs. 180/- one way.

Last edited by SuperSlick : 27th May 2011 at 08:52.
SuperSlick is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2011, 14:04   #455
BHPian
 
DWind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Singara Chennai
Posts: 765
Thanked: 164 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
You can try Sriperumbudur->Kunrathur (SH113)->Anakaputhur->Pamal->Pallavaram (NH45)-> Take the palavaram flyover to SH109->Killkattali->pallikarani->Thoraipakkam
Any update on the roads on this route! I heard that the route near Sembarambakkam has become worse.
DWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2011, 07:47   #456
BHPian
 
ajay2233's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 155
Thanked: 10 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Traffic has increased near sembarambakkam. The road near the entry to the Chennai Bye pass road, under that bridge till Porur junction is in very bad shape. But that is just a 2 km stretch.
ajay2233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2011, 19:40   #457
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,930
Thanked: 1,390 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
1. Chola just before Vaniyambadi Toll
3. Deepam Motel just after Pallikonda toll
Small problem here - both these are either "just before" or "just after" the toll booths. From Chennai towards Bangalore, Deepam comes first about 1.5km before Pallikonda tollbooth and then later, Chola comes about 1.5km before Vaniyambadi tollbooth. Deepam falls on one's own side and Chola on the other side. Though both have access ("break in median") in front of them, so they are not inaccessible to people travelling the other way.
binand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 22:45   #458
BHPian
 
DWind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Singara Chennai
Posts: 765
Thanked: 164 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay2233 View Post
Traffic has increased near sembarambakkam. The road near the entry to the Chennai Bye pass road, under that bridge till Porur junction is in very bad shape. But that is just a 2 km stretch.
If you are talking of Porur junction then it will never decrease especially with the flyover getting delayed by another 6 months (supposed to be complete by sept end)
and that is why I was asking for update on the alternate route for bypassing porur if you are in living in south Chennai like me (Perungudi). I did this route over the weekend and it has not deteriorated much. It is still advisable to do this in daylight though.
DWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 23:40   #459
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,349
Thanked: 8,166 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

What I was told initially was that if you are not in office periods, it does not take more than 15-20 to cross that dreaded signal.
Though traffic is high one can still mange Kathipara to Ponamallee bypass in about 45-60 minutes, (That I think is OK and and that bad).

Not sure how is it today.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2011, 22:28   #460
Senior - BHPian
 
mjothi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,252
Thanked: 216 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Its time to get back to NH4 for chennai - bangy.

The toll rates are getting higher from 7th June.

The krishnagiri toll will be charging Rs50.
Vaniyambadi & Pallikonda will be charging each Rs 60.

And more to continue. Its becoming amazingly expensive now. And this is going to lead to the commodities prices too. Wait for the upcoming diesel hike, add to this. And we will have a fantastic "price" rises of all!!!!!
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 06:13   #461
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 535
Thanked: 164 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi
Its time to get back to NH4 for chennai - bangy.

The toll rates are getting higher from 7th June.

The krishnagiri toll will be charging Rs50.
Vaniyambadi & Pallikonda will be charging each Rs 60.

And more to continue. Its becoming amazingly expensive now. And this is going to lead to the commodities prices too. Wait for the upcoming diesel hike, add to this. And we will have a fantastic "price" rises of all!!!!!
Oops. Good I read it now. Was planning for a trip today. This pricing is but high. Meanwhile is the road completely done till Mulbagal?
prabhuferrari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 08:07   #462
BHPian
 
ukderebail's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 153
Thanked: 39 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

I also feel nostalgic about OM road, i used to travel regularly from Bangalore to Chittoor from 1983 to 1991. Even the last trip to tirupati i undertook on the same route and found that road widening is taking place in most of the stretches, it won t be long that this road too will get tolled. Currently only after Ranipet it is tolled i suppose, so one ends up saving around Rs 300/ i presume in the bargain
ukderebail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 10:05   #463
Senior - BHPian
 
mjothi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,252
Thanked: 216 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

let me tell again. I am NOT against Tolls. But give it as an alternative to existing roads. Valid choice is what we are asking for.

And this toll business [BOT] is suppose to end and handed over to govt, right? How long this pvt guys keep it in their hold?
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 11:28   #464
BHPian
 
SuperSlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 182
Thanked: 82 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Hi Prabhuferrari, in case you have not started your trip yet, just go through my update in the previous page with the pictures of the 4-laned roads all the way till Mulbagal. You need not worry about the road conditions. Although I am not sure if the 2 tollbooths have started functioning by now.

Last edited by SuperSlick : 6th June 2011 at 11:40.
SuperSlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 14:30   #465
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 535
Thanked: 164 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSlick View Post
Hi Prabhuferrari, in case you have not started your trip yet, just go through my update in the previous page with the pictures of the 4-laned roads all the way till Mulbagal. You need not worry about the road conditions. Although I am not sure if the 2 tollbooths have started functioning by now.
Thanks a lot for the photos Couple of months back I came from Chennai via Chennai-Vellore-Pallikonda-Gudiyattam-Palamner-Mulbagal-Bangalore. The stretch between Gudiyattam and Andhra border was excellent but from there till Palamner(Around 30 kms) was ordinary. Either while going today or in return will come by that way.
prabhuferrari is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chennai - Kumbakonam : Route Queries polopm Route / Travel Queries 427 18th August 2017 08:54
Bangalore, Chennai via Chittoor : Route Queries Blue Thunder Route / Travel Queries 233 3rd May 2017 16:15
Chennai - Coimbatore - Ooty : Route Queries bharanidharang Route / Travel Queries 213 7th June 2016 10:16
Chennai - Hampi : Route Queries saurabh711 Route / Travel Queries 35 19th December 2015 13:13
Chennai-Mumbai-Chennai route queries jeevmenon Route / Travel Queries 69 8th February 2012 12:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:51.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks