Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 14th March 2016, 12:19   #16
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default Re: Delhi - Pune / Which is the best Route

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan V G View Post
Just close to the Ahmedabad Vadodara expressway so that I can get out of the city quickly and early.
You can consider Gurgaon>Udaipur>Shamlaji>Modassa>Godhra>Vadodara>T hane>Pune. GJ SH 5 from Shamlaji to Vadodara is a beautiful 4-lane road, but without much trafffic. I enjoyed riding recently on that stretch. GJ SH 5 joins directly at Vadodara bypass totally avoiding a bad stretch of 2-lane road between Himatnagar and Sardar Patal Ring Road. This is slightly shorter than the NH 8 alternative. If you take this route, don't miss the good food at Hotel Trupti, Godhra bypass.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 14th March 2016 at 12:23.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2016, 18:33   #17
BHPian

Thanks friends for your valuable suggestions and info sharing. Appreciate.
Krishnan V G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2018, 21:42   #18
BHPian

Default Re: Delhi - Pune / Which is the best Route

Hi guys...am opening an old thread. Actually wanted to know the best route to Pune from Delhi for a motor cycle. I will be riding solo and have 2 days to cover the distance. Any suggestions?
sameer kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2018, 13:41   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer kumar View Post
Hi guys...am opening an old thread. Actually wanted to know the best route to Pune from Delhi for a motor cycle. I will be riding solo and have 2 days to cover the distance. Any suggestions?

Gurgaon - Jaipur - Udaipur - Shamlaji - (take left under the flyover)- Godhra - Vadodara - Vapi - Thane - Pune.
You would bypass Ahmedabad.
Good roads throughout.
Lot of stay options except Shamlaji Godhra Vadodara sector, where you need to watch out for animals and humans crossing abruptly.
Happysmiles is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote