Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 10th August 2013, 12:29   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Following is the Portal wise quote for the Hotels that I am considering. As of now, I am finding it tough to finalize one among these!

NA -> That Hotel is unavailable on the respective Travel Portal

My priorities are -

1) Proximity to the Beach
2) Food Quality served in the hotel
3) Swimming Pool and Jacuzzi
4) Ambience
Good timing, going to holiday inn shortly and have stayed there before. Call them and talk to them regarding the package, you might get a better deal. Good property, along the beach but its south so nothing too much nearby. Good food spread, decent pool, don't remember jacuzzi as its been a few years but hang on for a week and I can give latest feedback.

Alila is good but not too close to the beach.

My advice as a regular goa goer for last few years, decide what is the objective, shopping clubbing , having local food in abundance go to north goa.

Chilling out and relaxed vacation, south it is.
sammyboy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2013, 13:08   #272
BHPian

Default Re: Planning for GOA, where to stay??

My bad, forgot to add that the above rates are for 4 nights / 5 days
Safety is Param is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2013, 10:38   #273
BHPian

Smile Beleza by the Beach

Stayed for 3 nights at Beleza by the beach, South Goa. Highly recommended.

http://www.belezagoa.com/our_resort.html

http://www.tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Revi...batim_Goa.html

Stayed for 3 nights. It has a private entry to beach. Colva beach is just 2 KMS away. Ideal for a family vacation. Will visit again!

Some pictures

My car parked in front the cottage
Planning for GOA, where to stay??-dscn0744.jpg

Planning for GOA, where to stay??-dscn0696.jpg

Planning for GOA, where to stay??-dscn0700.jpg

View from our balcony
Planning for GOA, where to stay??-dscn0697.jpg

The balcony
Planning for GOA, where to stay??-dscn0698.jpg

Last edited by pramodpk : 10th September 2013 at 10:44. Reason: Add pictures
pramodpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013, 12:50   #274
BHPian

Default Re: Beleza by the Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Stayed for 3 nights at Beleza by the beach, South Goa. Highly recommended.
Stayed for 3 nights. It has a private entry to beach. Colva beach is just 2 KMS away. Ideal for a family vacation. Will visit again!
1. How was the weather at this time.
2. What are issues to stay here without a car
Srinivas C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013, 13:27   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Good timing, going to holiday inn shortly and have stayed there before. but hang on for a week and I can give latest feedback
Hi, I finally booked Holiday Inn for mid-Oct. Booked a 4N/5D stay.
Did you happen to visit it? How was the experience this time?
My actual trip is for 8 days, however, I will be staying at Holiday Inn for the last 5 days. 3 days at the start of the trip are booked for visiting beaches and other sight seeing. Holiday Inn will just be a chill-out stay. Planning Ginger or similar 3-star property for initial 3 days as most of the time will be spent roaming around Goa.
Any suggestions for a tried and tested 3-star, for a family, preferably near Baga Beach?
Thanks!
Old 12th September 2013, 23:46   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I finally booked Holiday Inn for mid-Oct. Booked a 4N/5D stay.
Did you happen to visit it? How was the experience this time?
My actual trip is for 8 days, however, I will be staying at Holiday Inn for the last 5 days. 3 days at the start of the trip are booked for visiting beaches and other sight seeing. Holiday Inn will just be a chill-out stay. Planning Ginger or similar 3-star property for initial 3 days as most of the time will be spent roaming around Goa.
Any suggestions for a tried and tested 3-star, for a family, preferably near Baga Beach?
Thanks!
Hey, yes I did. The experience was fantastic as usual. Very good food, excellent service plus the weather was perfect so all in all really enjoyed my stay there.the beach was very clean and so was the pool . Also try fishermans wharf if you enjoy sea food 5 mins walk from there and you get a 10% discount if you let them know that you are staying at holiday inn.
The hotel staff is extremely accommodating so much so that once they saw we had a small baby with us, whenever we ordered milk for him through housekeeping it was not charged. Small gesture but shows how customer centric they are.

In the north my preferred hotel is the lemon tree, again fantastic service. 2 mins walk from calangute beach. Lots of restaurants nearby and not too far from baga etc.

Last edited by sammyboy : 12th September 2013 at 23:54.
Old 13th September 2013, 09:57   #277
BHPian

Default Re: Beleza by the Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
1. How was the weather at this time.
2. What are issues to stay here without a car
Weather was Ok. It did not rain during day time.

I don't think there are any issues in staying here without a car. There are restaurants at walk able distance (Mickeys being the closest one). Beach is just 100 metres away and has a private entry. Colva beach is less than 2 kms away. I saw people hiring scooters. There are cabs waiting outside but I read in some reviews that they charge high rates.
pramodpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2013, 10:14   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, yes I did. The experience was fantastic as usual. Very good food, excellent service plus the weather was perfect so all in all really enjoyed my stay there.the beach was very clean and so was the pool . Also try fishermans wharf if you enjoy sea food 5 mins walk from there and you get a 10% discount if you let them know that you are staying at holiday inn.
The hotel staff is extremely accommodating so much so that once they saw we had a small baby with us, whenever we ordered milk for him through housekeeping it was not charged. Small gesture but shows how customer centric they are.

In the north my preferred hotel is the lemon tree, again fantastic service. 2 mins walk from calangute beach. Lots of restaurants nearby and not too far from baga etc.
Thanks again, for your inputs. My package is inclusive of all meals, so good to hear that the food is good.
Unfotunately, I am a vegeterian; eggeterian at the most, so wont be able to relish the seafood, but thanks for the tip though.
Will checkout Lemon Tree on the net today as well.
Old 3rd October 2013, 16:33   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks again, for your inputs. My package is inclusive of all meals, so good to hear that the food is good. Unfotunately, I am a vegeterian; eggeterian at the most, so wont be able to relish the seafood, but thanks for the tip though. Will checkout Lemon Tree on the net today as well.
I guess you would be getting ready for the trip, have a safe trip and enjoy
Old 3rd October 2013, 16:47   #280
BHPian

Quote:
I guess you would be getting ready for the trip, have a safe trip and enjoy
Hey Sammyboy, thanks for your wishes mate! Your inputs helped me to a great extent while booking Holiday Inn, South Goa.

Yes, preparation is in full swing and there are multiple to-do lists lying at multiple places in my house

Also got my car serviced 2 weeks before the trip so that I can keep a tab on any issues, should they arise before I begin the journey.

I had some apprehensions / confusion regarding the route, and AMPERE answered all the queries patiently yesterday. Many thanks to him as well.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...route-157.html
Old 3rd October 2013, 17:04   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Sammyboy, thanks for your wishes mate! Yes, preparation is in full swing and there are multiple to-do lists lying at multiple places in my house
That's great to know, goa drive is fantastic. Done that once a couple of years ago. Just remember to buy 5l bottles of water when you reach goa, a bit economical considering you will be there for a while.
Have a wonderful journey, will look forward to your log.
Old 27th October 2013, 09:16   #282
BHPian

Planning to hit goa after diwali for a couple of days.

Can anyone suggest a budget hotel for a family of 4 in north / south goa. (actually dont have any idea on it so asking for it). The hotels mentioned in the thread are over my planned budget.

Anyone been there recently ?

Cheers
roadjourno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2013, 09:58   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadjourno View Post
Planning to hit goa after diwali for a couple of days.

Can anyone suggest a budget hotel for a family of 4 in north / south goa. (actually dont have any idea on it so asking for it). The hotels mentioned in the thread are over my planned budget.

Cheers
Give a cue on your budget, that will help folks give accurate info.
Check sandpebble, it was economical some time back, however I have not stayed here, hence no reviews.
Swifdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2013, 10:21   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadjourno View Post

Cheers
Check GROUPON (http://www.groupon.co.in) for hotels. They have packages which may interest you. During my recent trip to Goa, I had booked the hotel in North Goa through Groupon, and I did not repent. Just last week I received one more email from them with deals full of Goa, however, I am unable to put it here. I can email you if you would prefer that.

Please note that there are more hotels alone in North Goa than the number of days in a Calendar year. The term "Budget Hotels" is multi dimensional, so you need to be really careful of what you lose to save money, especially since you are with a family.

If the hotel has a review on TripAdvisor, you can get a very good idea of what to expect. Once you shortlist a hotel, check the prices on TravelGuru, MakeMyTrip, ClearTrip, Expedia, Yatra, GoIbibo, Booking.com (pls beware about the taxes you need to pay directly to the hotel),etc. and make the booking. Though this is a cumbersome process, but this is how I book my stay Also, please note that there is no single portal among the ones mentioned above that would consistently give you low rates compared to others.

For e.g., In March this year, I booked Turtle On The Beach, Kovalam using GoIbibo, then in August we booked Serene Woods in Coorg by directly negotiating with the proprietor (since this hotel is not listed on portals, but has reviews on TripAdvisor) and for Goa I booked the hotel in North Goa through Groupon & the one in South Goa through Travel Guru.
Safety is Param is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2013, 20:52   #285
BHPian

Quote:
That's great to know, goa drive is fantastic. Done that once a couple of years ago. Just remember to buy 5l bottles of water when you reach goa, a bit economical considering you will be there for a while.
Have a wonderful journey, will look forward to your log.
Please find the log at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-trip-goa.html (Saheb, Biwi, Sun, Sand, Sea...and the Nissan Sunny! Our mesmerizing trip to Goa)

I hope you find it interesting!

Last edited by Safety is Param : 2nd November 2013 at 20:55.