Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Closed Thread

Old 16th May 2007, 10:05   #166
Senior - BHPian

Arrow Road Conditions In May

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
99% chances are im off to leh on the 16th of may.
Shall be more than happy to help you out in the route matters, shall mail you the scans of all the map i have with me of leh-ladakh.
Hai there BunhyPunia,

From primary research on the route it's probable the army heavy duty trucks will start plying the routes now, they have just about opened the roads. They will mess up the roads pretty bad; without a 4wd it may be difficult to do it in May. By August, they patch it up, roads solidifies and would be more drive-worthy. If you're surely going in May, keep some buffers for real bad roads and have a couple of people with you on your car.

Just my 2 bits....

Happy Driving,

==Ramky

------------

Last edited by ramkya1 : 16th May 2007 at 10:07. Reason: spelling
Old 16th May 2007, 10:14   #167
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Considering the fact that we will be hitching a ride with our beloved truck drivers what could the approx cost for the trip from delhi be ?? We students need some time to save up you know ..
Old 16th May 2007, 12:09   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Dont make excuses. Bring on your Sumo, Mr. Sumo. If you get stuck we'll pull you out.
Mr. Sumo..I'm game to piggyback with you..!! or should that read "Ride Shotgun" with you..
Old 16th May 2007, 15:36   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Mr. Sumo..I'm game to piggyback with you..!! or should that read "Ride Shotgun" with you..
Nitrous, if youre going, I will also think of coming along.
Old 16th May 2007, 20:01   #170
Team-BHP Support

1200kms one way+ add the local travel of around 500kms. So 3000kms.
At the avg mileage of 4rs/km you have 12000 for diesel/truck
Old 17th May 2007, 02:48   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Considering the fact that we will be hitching a ride with our beloved truck drivers what could the approx cost for the trip from delhi be ?? We students need some time to save up you know ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
1200kms one way+ add the local travel of around 500kms. So 3000kms.
At the avg mileage of 4rs/km you have 12000 for diesel/truck
dont get a heart attack.. This will be on a sharing basis.. So the costs will obviously get divided on the number of people per truck.we can work things out.

Godfather
Old 17th May 2007, 03:00   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Hai there BunhyPunia,

From primary research on the route it's probable the army heavy duty trucks will start plying the routes now, they have just about opened the roads. They will mess up the roads pretty bad; without a 4wd it may be difficult to do it in May. By August, they patch it up, roads solidifies and would be more drive-worthy. If you're surely going in May, keep some buffers for real bad roads and have a couple of people with you on your car.

Just my 2 bits....

Happy Driving,

==Ramky

------------
an update. i got infected with chicken pox on the 30th of april, the spots are still there. i was advised by most people to take a rest of 21days, ie till 20th april.
leh for me as of now is cancelled. most probably in sep now.
ps : i was to go on my karizma
Old 17th May 2007, 03:03   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
leh for me as of now is cancelled. most probably in sep now.
ps : i was to go on my karizma
Man thats sad news.. We were hoping on learning about the conditions there.. maybe you can join us when we drive down.. Why wait till sep..
get the Karizma ..Also you will have the peace of mind that incase(god forbid) something goes wrong we can always throw the bike on the roof and still carryon.. (Kidding)

Godfather
Old 17th May 2007, 11:01   #174
BHPian

Don't know how I missed this thread. I think I will be able to make it for this one (atleast from Delhi). Shall confirm ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I just checked my torch and to my surprise found a website address on it. This is it: Welcome To ANDSLITE

It runs 500+ hours on one set of 3 batteries, no wonder it is still on the first set.
I guessed it must be ANDSLITE. I can vouch for this product. I am using it for the last 1.5 years without a battery change, very rugged. Whats more, it is proudly "MADE IN INDIA". I also have a head band kinda thing, using which you can wear it on your head while trekking. IMO, it is a must have. Another interesting light that I know of is this one: http://www.lightforce.net.au/images/HANDHELD.pdf .

Last edited by S@~+#0$# : 17th May 2007 at 11:14.
Old 17th May 2007, 11:05   #175
Senior - BHPian

I've been following this thread from the day it started, but was waiting for confirmation if i could manage to get leave from work, so hadn't replied here till now. But now its confirmed I'l not be able to make it. I have loads of work assignments for the next two months...for which im getting leave now, so im heading off to goa.

Its really sad, I really wanted to see Leh, and in the safari it would have been even more fun. But alas it was not to be. Have fun guys. Drive safe.

Drifter
Old 17th May 2007, 11:18   #176
BHPian

Quote:
I got infected with chicken pox on the 30th of april, the spots are still there. i was advised by most people to take a rest of 21days, ie till 20th april.
you seems to be high on fever. You will be fine by end of May. Get well soon first.
Old 18th May 2007, 21:37   #177
Senior - BHPian

Why only DICORians? What about the owners of the forefathers of DICOR? Man, I'm your next door neighbour. I shall gate-crash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
In any case, even if I'm not able to join in, fellow Dicor mates MUST keep an evening free in Delhi - booze & dinner at my place.

Cheerscheers:
Old 18th May 2007, 21:41   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Why only DICORians? What about the owners of the forefathers of DICOR? Man, I'm your next door neighbour. I shall gate-crash.

Youre more than welcome to.. I always wanted to check out your Safari.

Godfather
Old 18th May 2007, 21:41   #179
Senior - BHPian

Default Leh trip

Sorry for the delay in replying since I had not accessed my comp. Was reading all mails in various cyber-cafes. Saw your PM today and then this thread.

Very interesting but wrong timing. It would be raining creating slush. Anyway good luck to all and am disappointed in not being able to join since my son has appeared for XII Boards and is awaiting results.

Then the ususal rigmarole of admissions start and currently my all focus is on that side. Maybe next time. Cheerio..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Okay - this thought process started after the "National Meet" started petering out into a "Notional Meet", and especially after Goddy's post on the Kashmir to Cape thread.

The two of us put our heads together and decided that we're game for a drive up to Leh. As are some other Safari owners like Doctorkats.

We therefore decided to turn this into a 'Tata Safari' to Leh - while the original idea is from Safari owners, anyone from TBHP is welcome to join the ride.

The tentative schedule is sometime during the last two weeks of August, 2007. All the chaps from the South/West/East meet up at Dilli, and we start off from there to Leh.

We dont have specifics about the route as both Goddy and I are novices, but I'm sure we'll work that out soon enough - we have enough Leh/Ladakh expertise on the forum!!!

This is a family event - better/bitter halfs are welcome. I dont know about kids though - at those heights it may be a problem.

The following have confirmed participation. Rest are yet to confirm and may start posting on this thread:

Tanveer (tsk1979) with wife

Doctorkats

Godfather with wife

Steeroid with a Brit friend

Note:
Tentative Schedule (Calling all owners for a "Tata Safari" into the Himalayas)
List of essential items

Map(Click for Hi Rez) :

Old 18th May 2007, 21:43   #180
Senior - BHPian

Hello mate, my message was meant for Suman. And being marooned in Bangalooru how would you check out my Safari??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Youre more than welcome to.. I always wanted to check out your Safari.

Godfather
Closed Thread