Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2011, 20:00   #151
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 75
Thanked: 14 Times
Default re: Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Hmm, now I am wondering what route is best, or least bad. Pune Solapur seems the worst option. Baramati Indapur has sugarcane traffic. Satara pandharpur road is not too great and 70 km longer. The Mumbai-Sangli-Bijapur-Hyd route is the longest of all (almost 200 km more than NH9 Pune Solapur), and dont know how traffic will be, or what road conditions will be like.

Request one final word of Diksha from the gurus before I set off.
Thanks a lot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post
Just for the benefit of everyone, re-posting in this thread

Travelled from mumbai to pandharpur yesterday. Left at 5:50 reached Satara at 10:40 proceed to Pandharpur via fusegaon, gondawale, mhaswad. Reached pandharpur at at 13:20.
Roads are strictly ok, not way too narrow, motorable, the tarmac isnt all that great, the surface is pretty much eroded in sections and it is a little broken between mhaswad - piliv. Overall, one can do 50 -90 kmph but the suspension does take a beating and by the end of the trip your vehicle, if it is not an SUV/MUV, is likely to develop a few rattles and squeaks.

And yes, watch out for the convoys of bullock carts in addition to moving and stationary tractor trailers stacked with sugar canes in the middle of the road without any lights/reflectors. after sun down, it is a little unnerving to say the least.

Hope this helps!
karthik_rao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 10:54   #152
BHPian
 
bhuvan_prasad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 221
Thanked: 383 Times
Default re: Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Hey, i'm sure our paths must have crossed yesterday. Did you see a red civic with angel eye projector lamps cross you??

Anyway back to the topic, did Mumbai - Hyd yesterday in 12 hours flat. Left Chakala, Mumbai at 6AM, reached Liberty, Himayatnagar, Hyd at 6PM.

Took Panvel-Eway- Pune- NH4 bypass - Satara- Pandharpur- Solapur- Zaheerabad - ORR - Gachibowli -Mehdipatnam -Home. Total:796KM FE: 14.1Km/l

The nh4 bypass from pune is very helpful as you just keep going straight not worrying about traffic and getting lost. I was on my way to Satara out of Pune by 8AM. Got a bit stuck on a ghat before satara as long automobile trailer trucks were holding traffic up.

Satara to Pandharpur is a mixed bag:
1.) Road is narrow with lot of bike traffic, villages for the first 30km
2.) No craters, potholes. Very little traffic after the initial stretch
3.) Surface is broken though (50% fine, 50% broken)_, I was taking my civic at speeds of 80-90Km/h over them. Didnt feel that bad inside. Hopefully the suspension is still fine.
4.) Pandharpur-Solapur is very well surfaced and a dream to drive on. I reached solapur by around 1PM

You hit NH9 a bit before Solapur, and the brief stretch before solapur was painful, and if this is a trailer of what NH9 is between pune and solapur then i am glad i did satara-pandharpur.

From solapur it is more or less a wider road, broken at parts, and more truck traffic than the earlier state highway. So FE takes a drop as you overtake much more.

People entering Hyd, i highly recommend taking the ORR. I hit the ORR at 5:20PM, 24km in 12 odd mins and i was in Gachibowli. Beat that !!

Anyway hope this helps people in their decision. This route is longer by 60km/s but if you have a big car which can soak up rough surfaces and undulating roads well it is the way to go.

FYI, i drove alone all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post
Just for the benefit of everyone, re-posting in this thread

Travelled from mumbai to pandharpur yesterday. Left at 5:50 reached Satara at 10:40 proceed to Pandharpur via fusegaon, gondawale, mhaswad. Reached pandharpur at at 13:20. It took around 2:40 hours/minutes to cover the satara - pandharpur stretch. The road passes through the village centers at koregoan and fusegoan. There was some mela? going on and it took quite a while to cross fusegoan.

Roads are strictly ok, not way too narrow, motorable, the tarmac isnt all that great, the surface is pretty much eroded in sections and it is a little broken between mhaswad - piliv. Overall, one can do 50 -90 kmph but the suspension does take a beating and by the end of the trip your vehicle, if it is not an SUV/MUV, is likely to develop a few rattles and squeaks.

Returned same evening, left pandharpur at 15:45, reached satara at 19:10 i.e. 3:25 hours/mins courtesy the mela? at fusegoan, took over 40 minutes to cover a 3 km stretch, with people of all sizes simply spilled over on to the streets, there is simply no place to drive. Progress was also hampered after nightfall and traffic chaos just when we entered satara. Left Satara at 19:30 , reached pune at 21:30, and home at 00:45.

absolutely no decent facitlities between satara and pandharpur, also tank up, not too many fuel stations, tyrewallas etc, it is quite a lonely road.

Considering the fact that this route (via satara) is much longer than the pune - solapur via NH9 or baramati/indapur route, am not sure if it will actually save time or be a little less stessfull or be beneficial if at all when driving from pune to hyd.

And yes, watch out for the convoys of bullock carts in addition to moving and stationary tractor trailers stacked with sugar canes in the middle of the road without any lights/reflectors. after sun down, it is a little unnerving to say the least.

Hope this helps!
bhuvan_prasad is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 11:20   #153
Senior - BHPian
 
ASHISHPALLOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: BRMT
Posts: 1,984
Thanked: 283 Times
Default re: Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuvan_prasad View Post
4.) Pandharpur-Solapur is very well surfaced and a dream to drive on. I reached solapur by around 1PM

You hit NH9 a bit before Solapur, and the brief stretch before solapur was painful, and if this is a trailer of what NH9 is between pune and solapur then i am glad i did satara-pandharpur.
For pandharpur-solapur, which route you had taken?
is it pandharpur-mohol-solapur or something else?
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 11:23   #154
BHPian
 
bhuvan_prasad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 221
Thanked: 383 Times
Default re: Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries

I took pandharpur-mohol-solapur .

Till you hit NH9, its a nice road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
For pandharpur-solapur, which route you had taken?
is it pandharpur-mohol-solapur or something else?
bhuvan_prasad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 11:26   #155
Senior - BHPian
 
ASHISHPALLOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: BRMT
Posts: 1,984
Thanked: 283 Times
Default re: Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuvan_prasad View Post
I took pandharpur-mohol-solapur .

Till you hit NH9, its a nice road.
After crossing pandharpur, you took left at a T junction, left goes to mohol, straight goes to solapur.
Rather than taking left toward mohol, by taking straight road, you can go to solapur directly, its good road.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 11:32   #156
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,417
Thanked: 1,540 Times
Default re: Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
After crossing pandharpur, you took left at a T junction, left goes to mohol, straight goes to solapur.
Rather than taking left toward mohol, by taking straight road, you can go to solapur directly, its good road.
Ashish,In the reverse direction how does one take this direct road to pandharpur from solapur?what are the landmarks at solapur?

also would you reccomend this route till the sugarcane season is over for baramati route to be cleared up & till such time that nh9 is cleared of the widening mess?
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 11:42   #157
Senior - BHPian
 
ASHISHPALLOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: BRMT
Posts: 1,984
Thanked: 283 Times
Default re: Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
1]Ashish,In the reverse direction how does one take this direct road to pandharpur from solapur?what are the landmarks at solapur?

2]also would you reccomend this route till the sugarcane season is over for baramati route to be cleared up & till such time that nh9 is cleared of the widening mess?
1] Its somewhat tricky,
from solapur, take mangalvedha road, travel some distance, you will come at the junction where mahol-bijapur byepass road cross manglevedha road, take right turn toward mohol, travel some distance on this wide road, you will come to a village named kuruli or something like that, at this village left goes to pandharpur and straight goes to mohol.
though road from this village to pandharpur is just enough for two vehicles to cross, the road is smooth with very little traffic.

2] If i want to go solpaur from pune, my first pref will be 12mati-indapur route, second will be NH9 and last will be satara-pandharpur route.
If you are driving at night time, my choice will be same.

Though satara-pandharpur-solpaur is fast road, there are some safety and security issues at lonely pusegaon-gondawale-mhaswad section.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 28th December 2011 at 11:51.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 12:04   #158
BHPian
 
bhuvan_prasad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 221
Thanked: 383 Times
Default re: Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Distance wise the mangalvedha road is about 6km more than mohol route, maybe faster though.

Safety and security concerns? I was alone in my car, and even stopped at one lonely spot under a tree to eat and drink stuff i had packed. Wouldn't have done that if i had read this post. Thankfully all went well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
1] Its somewhat tricky,
from solapur, take mangalvedha road, travel some distance, you will come at the junction where mahol-bijapur byepass road cross manglevedha road, take right turn toward mohol, travel some distance on this wide road, you will come to a village named kuruli or something like that, at this village left goes to pandharpur and straight goes to mohol.
though road from this village to pandharpur is just enough for two vehicles to cross, the road is smooth with very little traffic.

2] If i want to go solpaur from pune, my first pref will be 12mati-indapur route, second will be NH9 and last will be satara-pandharpur route.
If you are driving at night time, my choice will be same.

Though satara-pandharpur-solpaur is fast road, there are some safety and security issues at lonely pusegaon-gondawale-mhaswad section.
bhuvan_prasad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 12:08   #159
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,417
Thanked: 1,540 Times
Default re: Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
1] Its somewhat tricky,
from solapur, take mangalvedha road, travel some distance, you will come at the junction where mahol-bijapur byepass road cross manglevedha road, take right turn toward mohol, travel some distance on this wide road, you will come to a village, left goes to pandharpur and straight goes to mohol.
though road from this village to pandharpur is just enough for two vehicles to cross, the road is smooth with very little traffic.

2] If i want to go solpaur from pune, my first pref will be 12mati-indapur route, second will be NH9 and last will be satara-pandharpur route.
If you are driving at night time, my choice will be same.

Though satara-pandharpur-solpaur is fast road, there are some safety and security issues at lonely pusegaon-gondawale-mhaswad section.
Yes totally agree with you on the Gondawale section being very lonely.I guess i will continue to stick to the baramati section,even with the sugarcane traffic,atleast the legs dont pain with the constant braking that is needed on nh9!
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 12:54   #160
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 186
Thanked: 76 Times
Default re: Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuvan_prasad View Post
Hey, i'm sure our paths must have crossed yesterday. Did you see a red civic with angel eye projector lamps cross you??

Anyway back to the topic, did Mumbai - Hyd yesterday in 12 hours flat. Left Chakala, Mumbai at 6AM, reached Liberty, Himayatnagar, Hyd at 6PM.
Would have been much behind you, left from malad at 5:50. I crossed pune/khed shivpur toll at around 8:30.

How much did it take you to cross satara - pandharpur section?

and how much time from Pandharpur Solapur hyd?

Yes, having a bigger car with softer suspensions will iron out the bumps and broken surfaces but it is the suspension which will be working overtime for the same.

I too didnt know that there were safety issues, i too stopped and actually got couple of long sticks of sugarcane from the villagers for free
cyberwhizs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 13:17   #161
Senior - BHPian
 
ASHISHPALLOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: BRMT
Posts: 1,984
Thanked: 283 Times
Default re: Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post
i too stopped and actually got couple of long sticks of sugarcane from the villagers for free

Haha,
i had done exactly same on way from pandharpur to solapur last year.

Please don't panic, the stretch is lonely dry area,
there are some culprits who take undue advantage to rob during night.
Daytime travel is as safe as it could be on any state highway.
Cars from outside of Maharashtra should take extra precautions and thats it.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 16:46   #162
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 75
Thanked: 14 Times
Default re: Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Hi ashish,
May I please have details on this t junction and route that bypasses Mohol? Any landmarks or signposts? Will be leaving tomorrow or Friday, and going by Bhuvan's timing, I think I can manage a 11-12 hour ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
After crossing pandharpur, you took left at a T junction, left goes to mohol, straight goes to solapur.
Rather than taking left toward mohol, by taking straight road, you can go to solapur directly, its good road.
karthik_rao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 17:33   #163
Senior - BHPian
 
ASHISHPALLOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: BRMT
Posts: 1,984
Thanked: 283 Times
Default re: Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik_rao View Post
Hi ashish,
May I please have details on this t junction and route that bypasses Mohol? Any landmarks or signposts? Will be leaving tomorrow or Friday, and going by Bhuvan's timing, I think I can manage a 11-12 hour ride.
There is clear signboard at this junction.
Remember that using the solapur route suggested by me, you will enter in solapur and have to cross entire city to touch NH9.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 20:54   #164
BHPian
 
bhuvan_prasad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 221
Thanked: 383 Times
Default re: Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Satara to Pandharpur took me around 2.5 hours
Pandharpur - Solapur was about 1 hour 15 mins
Solapur - home was 4.5 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post
Would have been much behind you, left from malad at 5:50. I crossed pune/khed shivpur toll at around 8:30.

How much did it take you to cross satara - pandharpur section?

and how much time from Pandharpur Solapur hyd?

Yes, having a bigger car with softer suspensions will iron out the bumps and broken surfaces but it is the suspension which will be working overtime for the same.

I too didnt know that there were safety issues, i too stopped and actually got couple of long sticks of sugarcane from the villagers for free
bhuvan_prasad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2011, 21:03   #165
BHPian
 
bhuvan_prasad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 221
Thanked: 383 Times
Default re: Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Under 12 hours is going to be tough, as a lot of external factors come in play and I was quite lucky in a few instances with an open railway crossing, not so crowded towns/villages etc, minimal stops as I was alone.

Bypassing Mohol and taking the other route would mean you would have to pass through Solapur city to get to NH9, like Ashish mentioned, and this could be painful and cause delays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik_rao View Post
Hi ashish,
May I please have details on this t junction and route that bypasses Mohol? Any landmarks or signposts? Will be leaving tomorrow or Friday, and going by Bhuvan's timing, I think I can manage a 11-12 hour ride.
bhuvan_prasad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries kiranpashtakar Route / Travel Queries 850 10th December 2016 08:00
Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries shoky Route / Travel Queries 530 7th December 2016 11:53
Hyderabad to Nasik : Route Queries lejhoom Route / Travel Queries 24 18th January 2016 14:06
Hyderabad - Coonoor - Ashtamudi: Route & Accommodation Queries MileCruncher Route / Travel Queries 2 5th January 2011 23:01
Bílore-Hyderabad-Nagpur-Jabalpur-Maihar Route/Hotel/Food Queries. Su-47 Route / Travel Queries 9 11th March 2008 11:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:40.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks